FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Exclusive Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Exclusive Blade Review
    Posted: 10/23/2015 at 7:14am
TTEX and Stiga have collaborated for a new blade called Stiga Exclusive.

http://www.ttex.se/en/stommar/6777-stiga-table-tennis-blade-exclusive-off.html

Stiga Exclusive Blade

Weight: 90 grams (FL legend), 89 grams (ST)

Hardness: Stiff

Plies: 5 (walnut outer plies with secondary spruce layers and ayous center core)

Speed: OFF

Blade Head Size:  151x157mm

The Stiga Exclusive blade is a specially-made blade by Stiga for TTEX.com online store in Sweden. I believe if I am not wrong about the info, this is exclusively distributed by TTEX and is not sold outside by other stores both online and local stores. One can only buy this through TTEX online order so in some way this is a rare blade.

At first close up look on the Stiga Exclusive, one could see that it has the features of the new and high end blades of Stiga. It has the metal tag and logos. It also has no nct coating or finish on the blade surface. One thing I was surprised to find out with this blade is that the blade head size is the standard Butterfly head size which is 151x157mm. Supposedly, Stiga blades have a compact head size about 149x155mm. The blade is a bit thicker than the Intensity NCT and felt stiffer overall. Despite the NCT coating which gives the Intensity NCT a hard surface, the overall feeling of the Exclusive blade is stiffer while the Intensity NCT has flex. The increased head size did increase the weight also. Fortunately, mine is only 90 grams and the ST handle was 89 grams. The neck needed to be sanded down carefully as I would not want a beautiful blade such as this to be ruined. Overall look is a classic brown blade look for the Exclusive blade.

On the bare blade, I bounced the Nexy polyball a few times and it had a medium height for its bounce like 6-7inches in height. The sound was loud but only in medium pitch. I attached a Xiom Vega Europe and a DHS H3 Provincial rubber for this blade test. When I was warming up using both backhand and forehand drives, I have noticed the Exclusive blade to have a diminished vibration when compared to the original Intensity NCT. The overall hardness on ball impact feels harder than Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Intensity NCT and more or less equal to the Yinhe ProW5. The Intensity NCT still has the hardest surface feel with the Exclusive in the middle and the Ma Lin Extra Offensive as the softest. When I was doing drives and smashes with it, it is fast. In fact it is faster than the ProW5 and has a more solid feel on impact.

The Exclusive blade seems well suited to the H3 Provincial as my forehand rubber. It was really good in all forms of strokes especially in looping and loop driving balls. The blade can make you spin that much even with polyballs. It gives a medium arc for the balls path onto the table when looping. In fact, looping and counter looping is its forte. It rates high also as a smashing blade but the looping and loop driving is on top of its arsenal. The Exclusive blade fares very well up to mid distance from the table. Further than that and you would need a bit more effort or very fast rubbers.

I am quite surprised and impressed with the blade. I am using it now as my main set up when playing once a week. I have also found out that for European rubbers, it favors rubbers that are not too hard. The best hardness for rubbers in tandem with the Exclusive blade would be medium down to soft rubbers. When you dig hard rubbers that you can compress a lot when hitting through the sponge, the control and speed seem to be very high. It produced a loud sound when I was hitting using the Vega Europe DF. For Chinese rubbers, I think only hard or medium would suit well and not soft Chinese rubbers. The H3 Provincial when paired with the Exclusive blade is a nasty spinny set up. Those sharp loops are awesome. Overall, I actually love this better than the Intensity NCT or the Emerald blade. A bit pricey like the Emerald but it is that good.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 7:20am
Look like variant of intensity ???
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 7:31am
i don't know if this is 7 ply or 5 ply. if it is 7 ply then it is closer to the 7.6 sense. if they will make a 5 ply intensity, then there is no point in making the same blade under the same brand unless it has a slightly different construction like a thicker core. Looks like walnut for the top plies.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 9:29am
Thank you for information sir.
Exclusive looks oldschool in it design. I like that.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 10:35pm
I've talked to someone from ttex, and confirmed that it's a 5 ply blade with construction like the Xu Xin intensity nct. The different is, this blade will be heavier and faster, which I believe it's due to the thicker plies (possibly the core).

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2015 at 3:12am
175 USD ...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 5:07am
review added

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 5:52am
Thanks for the nice info Yogi.
I noticed this blade on TTEX website couple of days ago and am considering it to replace my Infinity.

How does the eXclusive compare to Emerald in terms of speed and throw?
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 6:46am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

175 USD ...

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 6:56am
Yup it is expensive.

Exclusive is more or less the same speed level with emerald minus the vibration and plus the more solid feel.

Intensity is slower

shaame View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 2:24pm
It's on sale now... 102 bucks
H 3 Neo 2.2//Xiom Offensive S\\Xiom Vega Pro 2.0
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Yup it is expensive.

Exclusive is more or less the same speed level with emerald minus the vibration and plus the more solid feel.

stiffer than Emerald?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by shaame shaame wrote:

Thanks. Still super expensive if you can live with Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Off (exactly the same composition: walnut-spruce-ayous-spruce-walnut).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Originally posted by shaame shaame wrote:

Thanks. Still super expensive if you can live with Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Off (exactly the same composition: walnut-spruce-ayous-spruce-walnut).

The Exclusive actually seems like a shakehand version of the Xu Xin Intensity as someone else mentioned.  The XX Intensity also has no coating or other treatment and supposedly feels more solid than the normal Intensity.

Assuming it's similar, one piece of advice for any potential buyers - it's really important to seal this blade.  The first time I removed a rubber from the XX Intensity, it came with a good portion of the top ply in the form of splinters.

Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 4:53pm
Yogi, were the blades sent lacquered? (i think i may have found my Clipper CC replacement)

*thanks* Smile

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 12/14/2015 at 4:54pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 6:17pm
Nope it is not lacquered nor has the nct coating.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 9:10pm

Thanks yogi!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 8:47am
Was lucky enough to be in Stockholm last week and stopped by TTEX and picked out two of these - 89 grams and perfect.  They're on sale right now and were $105 each.  What a cool blade.  Yogi, how does it compare to Stiga Infinity?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 11:02am
Infinity is slower and has more vibrations, lighter weight and is thinner.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 5:15pm
Helo Yogi bear,

I'm interested in that blade you havem especially the ST handle. What handle dimensions does it have ? I mean: thickness, wideness and length ? And how is the handle shape, I mean the radius ? Is it similar to other blades ?

regards, ttspirit
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 10:52pm
Yogi, thanks for your review.
How would you rate the Exclusive in terms of speed, hardness and stiffness with the Intensity Carbon? I played the Intensity Carbon for a while but eventually found it too hard, fast and stiff: a beast I could not tame.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 12:32am
Intensity carbon is way caster and lighter. I have noticed the speed of the exclusive blade as somewhere faster than a rosewood. It also has a bigger blade head like that of alc's

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 12:37am

Intensity carbon is way caster and lighter. I have noticed the speed of the exclusive blade as somewhere faster than a rosewood. It also has a bigger blade head like that of alc's

Thanks yogi!
Do you still use the Exclusive as your main blade? I would also be interested if you (or others) would be able to compare it in speed and stiffness to benchmark carbon blades like TB ALC or Viscaria.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 1:47am
I've been using this with a straight handle for the past 2 months.  It's my favorite so far after trying a few different blades from friends.   H3 Neo Provincial works incredibly well with it just as Yogi mentioned in his review.  

It feels very solid (good feedback) and fast and blocks well like the 7 ply blades I've tried (Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro and DHS PG7).  But it has a softer, more controlled feel for looping like Nittaku Acoustic and OSP Virtuoso.  It has a bit more heft than any of the four above blades, but it's well balanced.  It is very comfortable at mid distance with unboosted H3 Neo.  

I'm not sure if it's the wood types or the quality of the woods used, but hitting has a very crisp feeling unlike the other blades that I've tried before.  Unfortunately I have never used a TB ALC or Viscaria, so I cannot compare it with those blades.  But I have played with a friend's OSP Expert Carbon (with H3/Tenergy 80) for maybe 4 hours and this Stiga Exclusive has more feel, is faster, and stiffer.  The OSP Expert Carbon has a much nicer finish though.  
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 11:34am
What are the exact handle dimensions ?

regards, ttspirit
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 3:47pm
@onehander: thanks for the feedback!

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 8:26pm
Matt, unfortunately it is kinda heavy if I use chinese rubber on one side and a tibhar evolution on the other side so I shifted to the avenger 5

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2016 at 11:44pm

Matt, unfortunately it is kinda heavy if I use chinese rubber on one side and a tibhar evolution on the other side so I shifted to the avenger 5

Thanks yogi! Weight might not be that much of any issue for me since I play a lighter anti on bh. My current blade is 93g. I'm kind of intrigued by this blade but not so much by the price, still $120 even on sale. Might have to look for a used one...

My Feedback
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 10:38am
Hi ttspirit, I'm not sure about the handle dimensions but these come in the standard stiga handle dimensions - Legend and ST
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 10:42am
Matt if the weight is ok then by all means get one. The weight is the only reason I stopped using it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic