FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Vega Europe DF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Vega Europe DF
    Posted: 02/08/2016 at 7:11am
Couldn't find much info on the forum about this (apart from a throw-away comment from yogi in his ttex.se exclusive blade review).  It appeared on TT11 in the last week, but I ordered one from a german store via eBay, arrived this morning.

It's red, 2.0mm, 169mmx169mmm, 57.85g uncut.  It's pretty light by modern tensor standards, a bit lighter than the original Vega Europe.  The sponge softness is...well.  TT11 say it's 42.5, but there's nothing on the package to confirm that.  I've read elsewhere on a Japanese blog that it's 37.5 (like Rasant Beat - the same reports that Vega Asia DF is 42.5...).  Honestly, I'm not 100%.  The sponge feels softer than a sheet of JP03 I have on hand for sure.  If I had to guess, I'd probably go for 37.5 degrees as well.

I still have a sheet of Acuda Blue P2 here as well, and I think it's worth talking about the topsheet and comparing the two.  The topsheets look very similar - thin, same kind of grip, a little bit translucent so you can just see the pip rows underneath.  The pips are bigger than the P2 though (the P2's pips look conical in comparison with the straight ones on VEDF), with a slightly wider spacing.  Overall, the topsheet feels harder and less flexible than the P2.  Which I like the sound of - I never could quite get totally comfortable with P2.

I haven't got a sheet of the original Vega Europe to compare to directly, but VEDF isn't a slight modification - it's totally new.  It could be that Xiom have tried to replicate the original VE's properties but with the current-gen of ESN materials, and with plastic balls in mind.  Or that they're just marketing a totally different product which plays totally differently by using the same name, which would be a dubious move IMO.  But it might play similarly (I'll give it a go on my backup blade tonight), even though the sponge and topsheet are different.  I'll report back later.  I'm hoping that it isn't a very close cousin of Rasant Beat or Acuda Blue P3...

Edited by AndySmith - 02/08/2016 at 7:24am
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 3:54am
OK, so the short answer is that this is Rasant Beat with a slightly harder, more stable topsheet.  I thought that it was noticeably better than RB when looping or when lifting backspin (more stable, higher arc on brushier shots), but it's still very soft and washes out easily.  Makes a lot of noise when hitting flat.

Really different from the original Vega Europe, so buyer beware.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 10:27am
I have reviewed the df version. Need to find my not the feedback was kept by xiom korea anthey did not allow me to post it until the df was being sold in the market.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2016 at 6:13am
I'm curious if anyone try vegapro DF,hope it comes with a lot improvement.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Mar5boy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar5boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 3:50pm
I'm also curious to try this out and look forward to some more feedback.
Hopefully Yogi will fill us in soon.
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

I'm curious if anyone try vegapro DF,hope it comes with a lot improvement.

Where did you find vega pro DF for sale? Thank you
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2016 at 10:40am
here's my review of the vega europe df

Xiom Vega Europe DF Rubber

Weight: 41 grams cut (151x157mm blade)

Sponge hardness: Soft

Speed: Off-

It has been a while when I used the Xiom Vega Europe. It was my favorite backhand rubber in 2009 when it first came out and we had testing in mytt.net I wanted to go back the the XVE because I miss the feel and control plus the spin especially I started using the polyball. When I went to the Xiom distributor here in the Philippines, www.pingpongonline.com, they offered to give me the new Vega Europe DF which will be coming out this January next year. I used a Stiga Exclusive blade and waterbased glue for this test for the rubber.

The XVE DF feels like 35-degree European scale hardness for the rubber. Overall feel when pressing against the rubber is soft. I have both the regular Vega Europe and the DF versions so I was able to compare them side by side. The original XVE is a bit harder than the DF version. The original XVE feels like 37-degree hardness sponge. Both rubbers look like they have the same pimple structures with a difference on sponge hardness. The Vega Elite is still the softest Vega rubber in the series. So by comparison, the DF Vega is between the Elite and original XVE in terms of hardness.

I played with the DF and regular versions immediately after gluing them. I used a Nexy 3 star polyball while testing the rubbers. The original XVE is slightly faster than the newer DF version. The speed is in between the Vega Elite and Vega Europe regular. The original Vega Europe is known to have a loud sound every time you hit hard against the sponge. The DF version is louder by a few notches.  I would categorize the speed of the DF version as ranging from ALL+ to OFF- but generally for all strokes it is a true OFF- speed rubber.

The DF rubber is good inside the table. Short pushes, drop shots and serves are very controllable and not too bouncy inside the table. Spin generation in serves seem very high. If you compress the ball onto the sponge when doing spinny pushes, the rubber gives a sharp and spinny push chop ball.

The grippy topsheet of the DF version is very spinny. It is spinnier by a few notches than original XVE. Both the topsheet and black carbo sponge contributes a lot to high spin generation. The DF version is even spinnier to its counterpart Andro Rasant Beat but Beat is faster. The DF version produces a medium arc on loops. One could appreciate looping or spinning with the DF when they compress sponge hard or hit through the sponge when doing loops or loop drives. Thin contact is not the way to go with the DF version. Even with the new polyball, the DF version is very spinny. It has average spin sensitivity to incoming spin so it is highly controllable with blocking. Two things about spinning with DF, one is that it was designed as a close to the table so spinning the ball near the table can be as spinny when you use the vega pro but at mid distance you need a bit more effort because of its softness, two is that the DF seems better suited as a forehand rubber because in my case it needed a bit more effort when using in the backhand. If you are the type of player that blocks, spins and drives in the backhand, then the DF is very good in the backhand. If you wanted the DF to be faster, you need to attach it to a faster blade like the Xiom Zetro Quad or Stradivarius blades. It would pair well with hard carbon blades because the spin and control balances enough with very high speed blades.

Overall, the new Vega Europe DF rubber is an excellent all around attacking rubber for the polyball era. Players even at beginner levels can use this rubber because it is high controllable and forgiving on shots. It is a great rubber to learn proper strokes because of its very balanced capabilities and properties.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2016 at 3:01pm
using this rubber about 1 month. not agree its ALL+. I would say this rubber as fast as Acuda S2 or even faster
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 12:00am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

using this rubber about 1 month. not agree its ALL+. I would say this rubber as fast as Acuda S2 or even faster

Sounds like Vega Euro DF = Vega Euro Drive Fast. Interesting...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 2:12am
It's all+ to off- in terms of speed not all+

PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 2:57am
how is the topsheet grip compared to the likes of Omega V Euro/Asia, & MX-S?
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 7:41am
Topsheet is grippy but not in the level of newer rubbers like mxs. It is closer to an s3 acuda in terms of feel, softness and speed.

Danny1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 4:31pm
I tried this rubber in 2.0 and 1.8. After playing with the most Xiom rubbers, i must say i like this one. My latest i played are the vega Japan, and the Omega V asia, after the positive reviews i read about this. The Xiom Vega Europe DF is much softer, but the control is really better. For topspin its a bit slower, but not a big problem for me. Its more difficult to score a point with your first topspin, so you have to work more for a point, but because of the better control you will make less mistakes. I also like block active with the backhand. You can use the speed from you opponent to make a fast block and its easy to keep it on the table on the place you want. This rubber is less reactive to incoming spin as the OVA. The speed is not extreme high, but the fun and control compesates a lot for me. I tried it on a Ai Fukuhara Pro, and an Osp Virtuoso plus. I like it on both, and i needed no time to feel comfortable with the DF. The V+ which is 92 feels head heavy with the OVA and the Rhyzmp. With the low weight of the DF its a good combination. I think this rubber is a good one for many players. The controle compensates the small bit you miss in speed.
Xiom Azx icecream
FH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
BH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 8:56am
Dear yogi_bear , how does it compare to Tenergy 05fx please?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2016 at 11:47am
Could you please share info regarding durability of this rubber?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic