FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New rubbers from China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rubbers from China
    Posted: 02/11/2016 at 5:14am
Brand new start of EJing in the Year of Monkey. I just couldn't help since I'm spending Chinese New Year in Hong Kong, I can order some stuff from China and have it shipped to HK.

1) Tibhar Hybrid K1 (a tacky rubber with european sponge, the package said it's made in Germany), I think this particular rubber is only market in China at the moment. It's marketed as a contender to provincial hurricane 3 like every other brand tried in the past.

2) National Hurricane 3, yes, but with sponge #65. It's said to be the current backhand rubber from Ma Long. Unlike the backhand rubber of Xu Xin, which uses the orange sponge #60, this sponge #65 is in beige color. Both #60 and #65 sponge are porous, I plan to put one to two thin layer of Kailin oil on it and have it put on my OSP Virtuoso carbon as the backhand.

3) Provincial Hurricane 3, nothing new :-)

4) a very cute jpen keyholder from Yinhe

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 5:39am
Squeeeee.  I've been looking for Hybrid K1 for a few weeks now but it hasn't appeared on any of the usual Asia sites.

Great pics!
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 8:54am
How much do they cost? Thanks
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 9:21am
A New Grip-S??
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 9:43am
How much is the k1?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 10:34am
K1 is about $23 using tao-bao's price (150 RMB).
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 11:21am
The H3 #65 sponge is supposed to be backhand rubber of Wang Li Qin, Ma Long is using #20 37 deg sponge...
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 12:04pm
Cannot wait to see your review of Tibhar K1.
ASAP man~! :-)
Fly away!
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 2:01pm
+1 for review
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The H3 #65 sponge is supposed to be backhand rubber of Wang Li Qin, Ma Long is using #20 37 deg sponge...

Yea, i remember Wang Li Qin used a white sponge H3, and sometimes back in the middle of last year, people said Ma Long used the non neo H3 with sponge #20.

But now this seller of mine said ML and FZD use this one with #65, so I don't know what's real.  Anyway, for us EJ, it's always fun to try these "forbidden" rubbers Wink
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 5:09pm
they're so forbidden, dhs won't even sell them to a distributor.  if other people got a hold of these rubbers, they might probably beat ma long.  so dhs is keeping them under wraps instead of selling them to the masses.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 5:45pm
very very interesting; K1 has either 50 or 39~40 sponge hardness, depending on what your native language is

Edited by Egghead - 02/12/2016 at 1:32am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

they're so forbidden, dhs won't even sell them to a distributor.  if other people got a hold of these rubbers, they might probably beat ma long.  so dhs is keeping them under wraps instead of selling them to the masses.

Imagine the $$$ DHS could make if they sold to the rest of the world

We all know that'll never happen due to the Communists in charge
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

very very interesting; K1 has either 50 or 39~40 sponge hardness, depending on what your native language is
It`s Shore A and Shore C scales.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 9:21am
Interesting packaging.  They look like they were printed onto a priority mail flat rate type of envelope.  I've never seen that before from dhs.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 10:08am
It would be heaven if knew what ML plays with. I'll buy it and play in peace. Damn communists.....
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Zhaoyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhaoyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

It`s Shore A and Shore C scales.
On the Shore scale comparison charts I can find, A and C do not line up that way but Shore O 50 lines up with roughly Shore A 37, which seems about right to me, not 39-40.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 11:31am
do you guys really think dhs has this magic rubber that they won't sell because they're communists?  

Yes, the rubber is fine-tuned to ma long's liking.  That doesn't mean it's any better or that another player (even another great player) uses it.

Personally I'd bet my house that rubber isn't even made by dhs.  Ok, I'm done now.  Have your conversation in peace.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 12:14pm
Tibhar Hybrid K1 is tacky rubber with European sponge, and it's made in Germany; is it a Thor's 2.0 LOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 7:07am
Hybrid K1 review please!!! Thanks
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

Hybrid K1 review please!!! Thanks

Gah, yes.

The images look promising.  Yellow, porous sponge.  Not like the solid slabs that Xiom used with Tau, for example.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 9:52am
Gotta wait until I'm back to the states, then I'll put the K1 on either the emerald or the W997 replica.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Gotta wait until I'm back to the states, then I'll put the K1 on either the emerald or the W997 replica.

My will has broken and I've dipped my toes into the murky world of taobao agents.  Pray for me.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2016 at 6:43am
OK, Hybrid K1 arrived this morning.  Not a bad turnaround when using an agent.  Black, Max, 68.45g uncut, standard ESN 169x169 size.

Packaging is nice - hard plastic front with a removable card backing.  You get a stiff protection sheet in there as a nice bonus.

The sponge is VERY similar to Adidas P7, only a bit harder.  I've still got some sheets of P7 here and I can't see any difference visually, and they even smell the same too.  So this might be a bit of a throwback in some ways - older gen sponge.

The topsheet is medium-soft and has pretty short pips.  There is the barest amount of tack - honestly, I thought that it was non-tacky initially, it's so slight.

Won't be able to test for a week or so due to ill health.  Boo.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2016 at 9:39am
I'm back to the US and was able to put the K1 on my W997 replica.

Like AndySmith has mentioned, the topsheet is not as sticky as you'd expect (they market it in China that it's going to be revolutionary replacement for provincial H3, lol, like everybody else), and I'd the rubber can produce ok spin, but not at Hurricane 3 level. The rubber is bouncier then H3, however, when you try to do stronger loop, you'll feel the K1 is under power.

I don't like this rubber myself, good that it's only 150rmb.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2016 at 9:42am
i expected as much...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 5:55pm
OK, finally got to have a blast with Hybrid K1.  It's OK!  Not earth shattering.  I suppose the danger with setting out to make a "hybrid" is that you end up with something highly average, and this is where we end up in this case.  If it was a little bit more towards either end of the spectrum - tackier, or softer sponge - it might stand out more.

As it is, it plays super-linear, very solid feel.  The slight tack takes some bounce away and adds a little spin to brush shots as you'd expect, but it's a small overall effect.  Pushing and serving are good, it's great for keeping things short in general.  Because the sponge is hard and the tack is low, it's much better in the flat game than traditional chinese rubbers and most of the other hybrids I've tried.  Smashing is reliable and effective.  Blocking easy too.

On drives the speed is OK, nothing amazing, and there isn't a lot of catapult so it takes some effort away from the table.  However, it throws a lot higher and with more...violence...when brushing so you can loop-loop quite well.  It's like a toned-down Tau - much easier to use.

On harder shots - full strokes - you don't get enough out of it, and this is the main problem.  On brushes the tack isn't enough to really rip the ball, and the sponge is too a bit hard to support more of a drive loop approach.

It's more at the euro end of the hybrid spectrum.  The tack is enough to avoid ball slip and just enough to support brush looping, but it reminds me more of something like a slightly tacky, slightly harder Adidas P7.  Which might appeal to the P7 crowd more than H3 users.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 6:33pm

Interesting packaging.  They look like they were printed onto a priority mail flat rate type of envelope.  I've never seen that before from dhs.

Huh, I'm shocked but I did just get some pf4 in that kind of packaging. It came from zeropong so I know it's real. I guess they're going to that. Looked like a home print job to me.

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2016 at 2:18pm

I'm shocked but I did just get some pf4 in that kind of packaging. It came from zeropong so I know it's real. I guess they're going to that. Looked like a home print job to me.

can you show a photo?

Edited by Reaper - 03/09/2016 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic