Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Superspin Pips vs Raystorm vs Joola Expres Ultra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Superspin Pips vs Raystorm vs Joola Expres Ultra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superspin Pips vs Raystorm vs Joola Expres Ultra
    Posted: 11/22/2016 at 3:19am
Have played someone with all these short pips rubbers: TSP Superspin Pips, Butterfly Raystorm or Joola Express Ultra?
Which one has the most spinny and speed?
Which one it's better for chopping or for blocking?
Which one generate the most disruptive effect?
Thanks.

Edited by Johnny Erasure - 11/22/2016 at 4:03am
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 5:11am
I played with first two. Superspin much faster then Raystorm
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 5:31am
I have tried Spinpips 21 and Raystrom at 1.3 thickness for chopping in the past.
As piligrim mentioned, Spinpips is faster but less spin than Raystorm. Raystorm is like an inverted rubber. If you prefer to chop spinpips is easier to hit knuckle than Raystorm.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 5:48am
Raystorm is the best for chopping. Spinpips 21 best for blocking. Tango Ultra is the fastest and most tricky but has poor control.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 5:49am
All of them became obsolete with the new plastic rubbish ball.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 7:03am
Both are outdaed. Joola express ultra is good. It is time to use new SP. Spinpips blue is quite good overall.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 8:05am
I prefer TSP Super Spinpips over Raystorm. I find it's easier to use and just as spinny.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 8:28am
Do they make new SPs anymore? Anything designed for the plastic era?

I have a youtube playlist I've started as I'm interested to follow SP players and see what they play with. The trick is that I only want to follow or watch now players playing with the 40+ ball.

There's so much out there you can find form the 38mm era but that's a completely different game back then. 

If you know of more videos, feel free to let me know so I can add it to the playlist.

Enjoy.

Edited by suds79 - 11/22/2016 at 8:28am
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 10:09am
Butterfly is coming with new ones at the end of the year, obviously I haven't tried them...
http://www.butterfly.co.jp/product/impartial/#hightension

I personally have used Challenger and Raystorm from Butterfly, I've also used TSP Spectol, none of those are made for plastic balls.  I could be wrong, but the ones I've used that are supposedly designed for plastic balls are der materialspezialist Breakout and the Victas VO>101 and 102.

Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Butterfly is coming with new ones at the end of the year, obviously I haven't tried them...
http://www.butterfly.co.jp/product/impartial/#hightension

I personally have used Challenger and Raystorm from Butterfly, I've also used TSP Spectol, none of those are made for plastic balls.  I could be wrong, but the ones I've used that are supposedly designed for plastic balls are der materialspezialist Breakout and the Victas VO>101 and 102.

How do you know they re made for 40+? Because they say so in the catalog?

Share your personal experiences about 102 and 101. I want to point out that some pips add useless with 40+
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 12:05pm
Spectol red and blue designed for 40+ balls
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Nittaku beautry was designed for 40+ I ve tried it and is harmless for the opponent
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

At the 2015 Arnold tournament, a woman named Jun Gu played with "obsolete" Spectol/Spinpips at 2650 level.

https://youtu.be/rjc5rL71lBI?t=10073
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

At the 2015 Arnold tournament, a woman named Jun Gu played with "obsolete" Spectol/Spinpips at 2650 level.

https://youtu.be/rjc5rL71lBI?t=10073

Gao jun plays with challenger attack
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 4:25pm
With 40+ ball I´m playing better with Yasaka Rakza PO. Glued in a Stiga
Clipper.
It´s interesting how Rakza was too fast for the celluloid ball and Xtend PO fitted better but with 40+ Rakza is perfect and Xtend seems dead.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Clipper.
It´s interesting how Rakza was too fast for the celluloid ball and Xtend PO fitted better but with 40+ Rakza is perfect and Xtend seems dead.

Cpen? How about the sink and arc?. Karlsson game is tempting me to play with rakza yasakas sponges are awesome
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 9:59pm

Clipper.

Rakza PO is faster than hexer pips also? I use hexer pips for rpb
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Clipper.

Never tried. I think zava might help you. If your stroke lands will sink 90%
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 7:00am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Clipper.

Cpen? How about the sink and arc?. Karlsson game is tempting me to play with rakza yasakas sponges are awesome

Yes, cpen without RPB. I agree about Rakza sponge, it´s great. Since it´s marshmallow soft ball sinks more and gives better control than Xtend. Higher arc too.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 7:08am

Clipper.

I have Hexer Pips unpacked here, but will try it only after Dec 3rd when there will be a tournament.
My doubt is how to glue Hexer, I´m thinking about horizontal alignment because Rakza is horizontal and both sponges are very soft. I hope Hexer Pips to be a slightly faster version of Rakza PO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 7:18am
@TT Newbie: I have it in vertical alignment. My RPB stroke is similar to shakehand BH so vertical gives better throw angle while driving. I had 802-40 for RPB which I used only for a two weeks. RPB was difficult as the throw was very low with horizontal alignment. If you're used to horizontal then you'll be fine. Please give us a comparison of rakza po and hexer once you use it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 7:21am
One more thing, when you glue hexer pips, do it with extra coat of glue. It is notorious for coming off the blade. Use 3-4 coats of glue, else it won't stick for long
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 8:55am

One more thing, when you glue hexer pips, do it with extra coat of glue. It is notorious for coming off the blade. Use 3-4 coats of glue, else it won't stick for long

I´m aware of that, but thanks anyway.
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 5:47am
I use Victas V>02 but my back up blade has Express Ultra on it. I find that they are pretty decent at generating spin. In the control aspect they are great for blocking low to mid spinny loops, and hitting. But, I hate them when I face a pure looper with a lot of spin. it is really hard to control the ball then, at least that is my feeling. Could be different with a thinner sponge as I play 2mm-Max. I also play on a fast blade, the TSP Black Balsa 7.0. I haven't tried the other pips you are referring to as I went 802>Speedy P.0.>Spectol>Express Ultra>V02. I also play with the Pips on my Forehand so....there is that also haha. When I played other pips though I found that Butterfly's Raystorm/Flarestorm were the most deceptive to play against. hope this late night rambling helps a bit :-)
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Tek101 Tek101 wrote:

I use Victas V>02 but my back up blade has Express Ultra on it. I find that they are pretty decent at generating spin. In the control aspect they are great for blocking low to mid spinny loops, and hitting. But, I hate them when I face a pure looper with a lot of spin. it is really hard to control the ball then, at least that is my feeling. Could be different with a thinner sponge as I play 2mm-Max. I also play on a fast blade, the TSP Black Balsa 7.0. I haven't tried the other pips you are referring to as I went 802>Speedy P.0.>Spectol>Express Ultra>V02. I also play with the Pips on my Forehand so....there is that also haha. When I played other pips though I found that Butterfly's Raystorm/Flarestorm were the most deceptive to play against. hope this late night rambling helps a bit :-)

thats kinda strange, normally short pips should work great for blocking spinny loops.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 9:11am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Nittaku beautry was designed for 40+ I ve tried it and is harmless for the opponent

I'm using Nittaku Beautry 2.0mm and my opponents are finding it anything but harmless. I recently reviewed it on another site: Nittaku Beautry review
BBC, SP, LP
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

thats kinda strange, normally short pips should work great for blocking spinny loops.

VO>102 plays almost like a smooth, it loops pretty good and can impact decent spins, that's probably why it's more sensitive when blocking.  I also use it on my FH, but since I am a lefty, I don't usually block much with my FH.  I usually loop or flip to start and smash anything half high.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

VO>102 plays almost like a smooth, it loops pretty good and can impact decent spins, that's probably why it's more sensitive when blocking.  I also use it on my FH, but since I am a lefty, I don't usually block much with my FH.  I usually loop or flip to start and smash anything half high.

I was saying the Express Ultra is sensitive to spin..... the 102 is a wall and I rarely miss a block with it :-)
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 9:41pm
I have been using joola express ultra on my backhand for 2 years.so far it is the best for my game after experimenting with several other short pip rubbers. mainly because I can loop with it and punch block speedy passing shots. some of the other s.p's were to slow to get the ball past my opponents forehands. also, I do not have to flip to have spin serves it gets enough spin to do a decent serve..this rubber is also a "tensor" style, when you pop it, the ball moves quickly..and dead blocks are easy too..I might try tango ultra next, it has a 35 degree sponge..express has a 40 degree sponge...
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2016 at 3:16am
Originally posted by FlatHitter FlatHitter wrote:

I have been using joola express ultra on my backhand for 2 years.so far it is the best for my game after experimenting with several other short pip rubbers. mainly because I can loop with it and punch block speedy passing shots. some of the other s.p's were to slow to get the ball past my opponents forehands. also, I do not have to flip to have spin serves it gets enough spin to do a decent serve..this rubber is also a "tensor" style, when you pop it, the ball moves quickly..and dead blocks are easy too..I might try tango ultra next, it has a 35 degree sponge..express has a 40 degree sponge...

The best sp is moristo sp but should be redesigned for 40+ most sp are too spinny to be called profesional sp.moristo and flarestorm 2 are widely used by pros but the comercial version od flare2 was ruined with a new porous sponge that dies doesnt last as the old version
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic