Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

One ply hinoki shake hand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One ply hinoki shake hand
    Posted: 09/28/2006 at 8:24am
Its the head weight... but my loop is spinnier than ever.

so far I really like it.
Sponsored Links

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2006 at 8:19am
Its the head weight... but my loop is spinnier than ever.

so far I really like it.
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2006 at 9:46am
Dunno about you, but I think the balance of the jspd90 cpen as a shakehand blade is completely wrong.
Potato Face
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2006 at 8:01am
I've already use sp90 CP for a week as a shakehands. I think the feel is very similar with tanpan. I think it is a OFF- blades. The difference is only the weight, which is lighter.

juic, on the other hand is ALL blades. But has a harder feels then tanpan. I don't know why, it is slower but harder.... Maybe Superloop can review it . I'm really curious about this blade...

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2006 at 7:51am
Whoa 100 posts.....
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2006 at 7:48am
Yeah, then I will hate super leo.... My skill is really amateur to handle that kind of speed.

Yo Superloop. Look into my eyes now..... Ok..... Just relax.... Ok you're in my posession now...... Use juic shakes tomorrow.... Review it tomorrow....... OK..... I will snap once and you will awake and do what I say......... (SNAP!!!!)

:)
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2006 at 8:16pm

Hello hipp66...I played last Sunday with my new Yasaka Super Leo blade.  I tried it with glued Bryce and Bryce Hard.  The speed was very close to my old Schlager Carbon blade but I think the control is a little better.  I think it is a bit faster than than my Tanpan but it has a much harder feel.  Even though it is pretty heavy (95g), I really liked the balance and feel of the Super Leo.  The only problem was that the head is bigger than my Schlager Carbon that my rubbers were already cut for.

I also played with my Darker Tanpan with glued Bryce FX rubbers.  I really like the control when blocking with the single-ply Tanpan.  For some reason, I could not make any of my third ball loops.  They were all hitting the white part of the net.  I think that was more because I have only played once in the last 3 weeks.  The Tanpan is probably my favorite so far and if I start playing more, it will probably become my full time blade.

I did not get a chance to play with my new Juic Hinoki Shake blade yet.  I am curious to see if it is as fast as the Tanpan because it is not quite as thick.

superloop 

pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2006 at 11:30am
does anyone have a darker 1 ply blade they wanna sell??
i don't wanna buy from iruiru because their shipping fee is killing me.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
hip66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2006 at 12:08am

Hey Superloop,

Did you get a chance to give them all a comparison?  How did it go?.....

Yasaka Leopard
Tornado 2.0 FH & BH
Tibhar Rapid Clean 2 layers
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 11:19pm

Hello stefanusj...it will probably be next week before I get to try out my new blades.  I want to try all three of my Hinoki blades with speed glued Bryce FX.  It was interesting that the Tanpan was the thickest but the lightest of the three.

I will post a review/comparison when I get a chance.

superloop

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 10:00am
Review.... Review.... Review........... Superloopppppp
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 9:59am
Review.... Review.... Review........... Superloopppppp
DaniloDividina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniloDividina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:44am
I tried my friend's Darker 7a 7ply blade with ST handle. The feeling is good and it has a very good control. Sadly, I am not impress with the ST handle...

Blade: Ma Lin Extra Offensive
FH: Hurricane III
BH: Stiga Carbo Sound
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:21am

I just received my Juic Kiso Hinoki Shake and Yasaka Super Leo from iruiru yesterday.  I asked them for the two blades to be as close as possible to 95g. They were both exactly 95g.

Here are the specs of my blades now.

Darker Tanpan             1- Ply     93 g    9.4 mm thick

Juic Kiso Hinoki Shake    1-Ply     95 g    8.6 mm thick

Yasaka Super Leo         3-Ply     95 g    8.4 mm thick

superloop

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2006 at 11:18am
I heard one case where single ply hinoki 8,5 mm developed a haircrack. However I have never experienced it, but then my single ply hinoki has 9 mm and 9,1 mm thickness.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniloDividina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2006 at 9:14am
A friend of mine told me that 1 ply hinoki shakehand blade is very sensitive and its easy to break....is this true?

linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2006 at 2:03pm

stefanusj, I agree.  I basically prefer more of Darker for its craftsmanship and its wood is generally in better quality.  Since my BTY is thicker, it is faster and has better feeling than my friend's Darker.  Have you tried its Speed 90?

For those who wants to buy this BTY or other Barker products, you can try this Taiwan store as Stefanusj mentioned above: http://www.tabletennis.com.tw/index_1.htm.  Its listing price is TW $ 2,500 .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniloDividina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2006 at 10:50am
Originally posted by linn88 linn88 wrote:

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>After trying out my friend�s Darker one-ply Kinoki (8.5), I couldn�t resist the temptation of putting rubber on my BTY one-ply <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Cypress</st1:place></st1:City> (9.6). Until last weekend, I treated this BTY simply as an art object.

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> </o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> </o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> </o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I use Donic Sonex JP Soft (FH) and BTY Tackness-D (BH). The result is sentimental. In terms of feels, speed and control, both my friend and I concur that my BTY is better than his Darker. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I told my friends that I really �enjoy� playing TT when I use this one-ply <st1:City><st1:place>Cypress</st1:place></st1:City>.

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Paddle</st1:PlaceName> <st1:place>Palace</st1:place></st1:place> offers very good price on this Juic one-ply Kinoki (<st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-regi> 71.90).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Would like to hear more comments about this Juic�s product.

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Cheers.

Hey, where did u buy this BTY Cypress of urs? I am pretty much interested to have one...How much?

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2006 at 3:38am
heheheheehhhh......... you loose superloop!

Linn88, No offense, but from what i see the wood grain from Cypress is not as good as Darker. But maybe the feeling is better.... as you say.
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2006 at 1:23am

Hello stefanusj...I can't believe that you took my Juic Kiso Hinoki...just kidding!

I also ordered a Yasaka Super Leo blade.  It was out of stock of also.  I have always heard that the old Yasaka Leopard was one of the fastest blades ever made.

Hopefully, I will get both of them soon.

superloop

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 10:47pm
300 dollar. WOW, nice price...
When I buy from michinao last week they only got 1 unit left of juic kiso hinoki. No wonder you didn't get yours, superloop.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 9:07pm
I tried to order a custom blade from the website of Butterfly several times before but there was no response whatsoever.
Regarding Cypress, I guess it is just a name, like Aeolus, Schlager,Firehand, Clearfield etc.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 8:00pm

I ordered my Juic Kiso Hinoki Shake racket from iruiru but they are out of stock.  They ordered one from Juic and I hope to get it soon.  From what I have read, the Juic is 8.5mm thick while my Tanpan is over 9mm thick.  I would guess that the Juic is slower but we will see.

I was interested in a previous post that said that you could order a custom blade from Butterfly.  I would like to get a 10mm thick Kiso Hinoki shakehand blade made from the same wood as the Kim Taek Soo blade.  I heard somewhere that this wood is over 300 years old.  I would like to get one with the flared grip from the Schlager Carbon.  They said the price would be over $300 though.

I saw the Butterfly Cypress shakehands blade but I was curious why they call it Cypress and not Hinoki.  As we know, Hinoki is Japanese cypress.  Maybe the Cypress blade is made from Chinese cypress.

linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 7:46pm
Noel, I paid some HK 730 or about Cdn $ 105 from a TT store in Hong Kong; it was the last piece.  Steanusj is right; you can order it from Twaiwan but with expensive postage.
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 7:32pm
Noel, if I'm not mistaken, you can order bty cypress from www.tabletennis.com.tw or email to [email protected]
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 7:29pm
Never tried bty cypress before. But I prefer darker than juic, because softer feel.
noel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 5:45pm
linn88 where did you order your bty 1 ply cypress and how much?
Hurricane king
Nittaku Hurricane pro2 FH
Bryce BH
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 1:07pm

After trying out my friend�s Darker one-ply Kinoki (8.5), I couldn�t resist the temptation of putting rubber on my BTY one-ply Cypress (9.6). Until last weekend, I treated this BTY simply as an art object.

I use Donic Sonex JP Soft (FH) and BTY Tackness-D (BH). The result is sentimental. In terms of feels, speed and control, both my friend and I concur that my BTY is better than his Darker.  I told my friends that I really �enjoy� playing TT when I use this one-ply Cypress.

Paddle Palace offers very good price on this Juic one-ply Kinoki (US 71.90).  Would like to hear more comments about this Juic�s product.

Cheers.

agooding2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agooding2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 11:18am

I found that the 1 ply hinoki blades I tried (all Japanese/Korean style penhold) had different weights and feel and that it may have more to do with the particular piece of wood than the manufacturer. 

Juic and TSP seemed lighter and slower, while the Butterfly and Nittaku one's I tried seemed heavier and faster, but that could have a lot to do with the moisture content of those particular blades.

In general 1 ply hinoki blades will feel pretty soft and dampen vibration.  Some (myself) like this, while others think it makes them lack "touch" or "feel."

-- Andrew

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 10:36am
I wonder if all Tanpan (or Speed 90 or other single ply hinoki blade from same manufacturer and same type) will have the same performance, feel etc, considering that they might come from different part of the tree and different tree as well.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic