Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber review: Victas V > 15 Extra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber review: Victas V > 15 Extra
    Posted: 10/28/2017 at 10:36am
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/victas-v-15-extra

Its been two kids and about two years since i last tried a different equipment, and the only reason i even tried this is because i got it for free. MAX thickness, Black Color.

Speed and Spin are right there with all the tensors like Rhyzm, Bluefire, Evolution families. Total waste of time to argue which of them is a little spinier or faster, when all of them are pretty fast and pretty spiny, and we have no objective ways to measure that. 

Hardness. Big difference here. This particular version has pretty hard sponge. Not quite DHS hard, but significantly harder than those abovementioned tensors. I actually like hard sponges , and I am not saying this as a negative (or positive) - in my personal opinion, a hard sponge is a MUST for the forehand for any good player. 

Elasticity. Bid difference as well. Tenergy can be made hard but it will still be elastic. This sponge is noticeably less elastic than the tensors, and not even comparable to Tenergy. It is probably in the middle between Tensors and DHS Hurricanes. Even this is not a bad thing in my book. My personal opinion again - FH stroke should be direct and forward with no messing around and not much catapult that complicates trajectory calculation. 

Summary PROs. These will be a function from the physical characteristics above. Hard and not-too-elastic = Predictable and easy looping and really good blocking. Blocking... may have been the easier of anything i've tried in recent memory. The rubber had good grip and is SO DIRECT that blocking becomes a little too enjoyable. 
But without a doubt, the biggest advantage of this rubber is $price$. It can be shipped to your door for under $30. And all of a sudden, all of the average properties above, become impressive, because they can be obtained at a price much lower than tensors. If you are on a budget and need a FH rubber and have a direct FH, this is a great option in my opinion.

Summary CONs
I need a little more catapult on my BH. 
Because trajectory is predictable and intuitive, my loops land easily, but unfortunately get blocked easily as well. Have to prepare for a rally, not a kill. 

Final thoughts: if you are in love with Tenergy, don't even try this, you will hate it, you will not agree with my review and assessment that this is a good FH rubber and you will probably just say  its dead.I myself tested another Victas here on this forum and remember i had different opinion. Not sure if it was a different version or it had so many layers of glue by the time it reached me that I wasn't really reviewing the real thing. But this one was purchased new and played pretty good with it for a month and have high degree of confidence in my description. 

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 10/28/2017 at 12:22pm
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 11:17am
Just wanted to add that this rubber is the only model from Victas that is ranked consistently in the Top 10 in Japan.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 11:20am
Thanks for the review.

Question: Where did you find the rubber for low 20's? TT11 has it for $42. Also which blade did you test it with? Thanks.

Found this YT review. Interesting comment regarding blocking against loop.

Edited by richrf - 10/28/2017 at 1:25pm
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 12:31pm
I have to update my post. I could swear that after the 30% off from tt11 it was less than 25 but it was a bulk order with a lot of other stuff (not for me) and maybe i got confused. Great price still. 

As for his comment about blocking - try do decide yourself. Seems like he agreed that the sponge is hard, and I think it would be hard for someone to disagree that it is not even average in terms of elasticity/catapult. IF these physical properties are true, would a rubber be good or bad for blocking? I know some people who say T05 is easy for blocking. Well if you practice long enough and adjust your mechanics, then yes, it will be easy. But in general, hard sponge with little catapult creates a very direct feel and is very good for blocking. And I submit this opinion not just for this particular rubber but any with such properties. 
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 12:56pm
Also don't boost this rubber, it turns in to mush, atleast the one I had did after 1 layer of falco
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic