FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria vs golden viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parth shrivastava View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parth shrivastava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria vs golden viscaria
    Posted: 12/28/2020 at 4:50am
Can anyone please differentiate between golden and normal viscaria ,
who has tested and played with both,?
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2021 at 12:16pm
same
Maloong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maloong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2021 at 12:54pm
Nope you forgot to mention the price difference. Lol. 
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Maloong Maloong wrote:

Nope you forgot to mention the price difference. Lol. 

Lol, good one. 
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 2:08am
They don't feel like "same".

I have tested 3 or 4 of the actual Viscaria blades. It seems as if the new generation of Viscaria blades is very light. I had one with 81g and the heaviest was 86g. Before I bought the 86g blade I contacted several sources and tried to get one with 90g or more, but without success.

For me the actual Viscaria has not this "solid" feeling of most of the older blades. It has less power and a more indirect feeling and I am sure this is the reason why you can buy sooo many of these blades in each forum, on eBay and wherever els while it is hard to find an old Viscaria (for a good price) and it is also really hard to find one of the "Golden" Viscaria.

I forgot to mention that I also have one of these Viscaria Golden. 

Mine has a weight of 94-94g and feels much more solid than the "normal" Viscaria. I do not know if there are other differences (for example the glue). Maybe the only reason is, that this Golden Edition simply has special selected material like you got, when you ordered a "custom made" Butterfly blade in the past.

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 4:19am
In Taiwan, the most sought golden viscaria are the 85gr heavy ones and not the blades over 90gr, while, for the "normal" viscaria, the most sought are over 90gr heavy, which is impossible to find in the last series.
This is some kind of evidence that those blades don't play the same.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

In Taiwan, the most sought golden viscaria are the 85gr heavy ones and not the blades over 90gr, while, for the "normal" viscaria, the most sought are over 90gr heavy, which is impossible to find in the last series.

Hmm, I actually have two recent Viscaria with 90 grams. Bought from Butterfly Europe
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2021 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Hmm, I actually have two recent Viscaria with 90 grams. Bought from Butterfly Europe

I would be surprised to see a picture of a viscaria blade (Serial number  U, last series, 2020)) with a weight of 90gr.
You might be the lucky owner of 2 viscarias with 90gr from the U Series. 
For Golden Viscaria (U series), the average weight is around 92-93 gr, for viscaria U series, average weight is under 85gr.

Edited by kakapo - 01/03/2021 at 4:18am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Maloong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maloong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2021 at 4:17am
you are right that latest Viscarias are lighter, but that doesn’t mean there are no Viscaria 90g or heavier. I also got one recently with ST handle and it is 90g. I see T or U series Viscarias 90g or heavier in second hand market, although not often. I believe the main difference between Golden and regular Viscaria come from weight difference. In fact, the same difference exist between 80g Vis and 90g Vis, so the difference is not because Golden one is different, weight makes difference in any blade models. 
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 2:29am
I ordered my first Viscaria ST at 84 grams with Serial T031847DTRE. Don't know what series that is.
It is still in the mail. I hope it plays well.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 4:07am
viscarias below 87 grams are not viscarias in fact, they play totally different with less power. I dont like them a lot, i prefer >90 gr
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 12:36pm

I bought regular Viscaria 2021 version starting with V serial number about 4 months back, seller showed me two of new ones to weigh before I buy both were exactly 91 grams. It looked like in 2021 model it is easier to find 90 grams or over
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic