Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zhu Yi | From Amateur King to Chinese Super League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zhu Yi | From Amateur King to Chinese Super League

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zhu Yi | From Amateur King to Chinese Super League
    Posted: 04/17/2021 at 5:32am
Chinese table tennis has a lot of interesting players with interesting biographies and Zhu Yi is one of them. This heavy looking guy has won players, like Ovtcharov, Joo Sae-hyuk & Hou Yingchao.

Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 9:27am
His forehand and muscular build reminds me of Eugene Zhang, very quick and fluid. I enjoyed the video and his story, thanks for sharing.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 9:30am
TTM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 1:47pm
I think if he would have any other passport and chance to play in pro tours, Yi might be a Top 50-100 player. He might be lacking that physical attributes, but that skillset is very good. China is just too good & rich with talents.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 1:50pm
Well, since noone mentioned his equipment, he uses a nittaku rutis from the looks of it. Not sure which model exactly, theres the regular rutis and the rutis power. I've used the power and its quite stiff and throws really low. Tough to play behind the table, but very easy to redirect balls close to the table and easy to hit through spin as well. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Well, since noone mentioned his equipment, he uses a nittaku rutis from the looks of it. Not sure which model exactly, theres the regular rutis and the rutis power. I've used the power and its quite stiff and throws really low. Tough to play behind the table, but very easy to redirect balls close to the table and easy to hit through spin as well. 

Zhu Yi uses Yinhe pro 01, which is made specially with him, kind of like Viscaria.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 4:12am
He also has produced many useful instructional videos on youtube.  He is a very good player.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 5:50am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Zhu Yi uses Yinhe pro 01, which is made specially with him, kind of like Viscaria.

Aah, i remember reading a few years back abt him using the rutis, he even has it in the thumbnail in the above video. But yeah, pretty sure he ej's a lot like most pros. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 8:09pm
at ~1:01, it is not rutis,
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 10:36pm
Guy is ridiculously good, and he also posts technique tutorials from time to time :)
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sunit_98 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunit_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2021 at 6:29pm
Where can I see his technical videos? Can you provide me the link?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic