Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Effort 70th Anniversary Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

What is wrong in putting rubber you know well? 

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.
I thought 500 was the price.
It's the amount of blades available.

hurricane III is a terrible rubber unless he is boosting like crazy.

Why it’s terrible?
Sponsored Links

astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.

Why it’s terrible?

hard dead sponge.
not good for topspin game.

Edited by astaroyd - 05/20/2021 at 3:13pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 3:18pm

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.

Why it’s terrible?

hard dead sponge.

You serious? Oh. Maybe you talking about regular Hurricane, not Neo?
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 3:21pm

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.

Why it’s terrible?

hard dead sponge.

You serious? Oh. Maybe you talking about regular Hurricane, not Neo?

neo lol.
neo is the normal h3 with a little layer of glue/booster in the back.
remove that layer of glue and you have a normal h3.

Edited by astaroyd - 05/20/2021 at 3:23pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 3:33pm
So h3neo no good for topspin game?
Did you try to remove that glue and compared to regular h3?
I done this. It’s not same at all
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 4:01pm

So h3neo no good for topspin game?
Did you try to remove that glue and compared to regular h3?
I done this. It’s not same at all

it's almost the same.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 4:44pm
this guy is poor but his quality is a lot better than all guys here in forum. I think he will kill you with spin with 10$ rubber

brzecol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brzecol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 1:41am
Hi

Sorry to reply late but not always have time to go through forum. Duties and job come first. I have paid regular price that was announced it Europe. It was either 159,99 or 169,99 EUR. I believe it was first one so 160 EUR. I have ordered just after sale started in EU. I saw that some people have 3-4 pieces already cause they were purchasing from different accounts. There was limitation 1 piece per account/person. They have produced around 7000 pieces overall with different regional descriptions (EU, CN, US, OS, etc). In Europe 500 pieces were available. 

brzecol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brzecol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 2:15am

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.

Why it’s terrible?

hard dead sponge.

So discussing H3/Neo H3. One of the best rubber for continuous topspin game and counter topspin  game. Provincial and national version differ though a lot to regularly sold Hurricane 3 and not only because of glue layer. Sponge is way different (behaviour to tuning) also top sheet is of different quality. Rubber was designed to be tuned in first place (but many pros do this with Tenergies and other coverings too). Problem is not many people know how to unravel all of its potential. This rubber requires different stroke mechanics and it has to be full stroke. Every time full stroke so your fitness have to be impeccable. I used to play with Hurricane/Haifu Blue Whale 2 in provincial/national versions but since shoulder surgery I am not able to play with such a movement all the time. Otherwise I would never switch but now D05/T05 help me more in game in my current state. So called deadness of rubber makes it great in short/touch game and flick department. It only lacks speed in regular drive game but this is not big deal - as long as you are fit you can play top spins all the time. So I wouldn't agree that this covering is bad as Piligrim wrote also. Maybe you couldn't appreciate its strengths. 

Edited by brzecol - 05/21/2021 at 2:15am
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 4:36am
Originally posted by brzecol brzecol wrote:

P.S. 500 USD??! 

I misread.

Why it’s terrible?

hard dead sponge.

So discussing H3/Neo H3. One of the best rubber for continuous topspin game and counter topspin  game. Provincial and national version differ though a lot to regularly sold Hurricane 3 and not only because of glue layer. Sponge is way different (behaviour to tuning) also top sheet is of different quality. Rubber was designed to be tuned in first place (but many pros do this with Tenergies and other coverings too). Problem is not many people know how to unravel all of its potential. This rubber requires different stroke mechanics and it has to be full stroke. Every time full stroke so your fitness have to be impeccable. I used to play with Hurricane/Haifu Blue Whale 2 in provincial/national versions but since shoulder surgery I am not able to play with such a movement all the time. Otherwise I would never switch but now D05/T05 help me more in game in my current state. So called deadness of rubber makes it great in short/touch game and flick department. It only lacks speed in regular drive game but this is not big deal - as long as you are fit you can play top spins all the time. So I wouldn't agree that this covering is bad as Piligrim wrote also. Maybe you couldn't appreciate its strengths. 

funny how easy it is to brain wash the masses.
h3 is a terrible rubber, one of the worst in existence.
the sponge they use is super cheap/basic.

but............................... after 10 layers of booster it becomes a great rubber, maybe the best.

Edited by astaroyd - 05/21/2021 at 4:36am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 7:47am
I think $10 price is just about right for H3 and any other rubber. At least H3 is priced properly, while other rubbers not worth $100+ tag price. This is what I call brain washing. People are tend to believe these products worth the price.

Never the less I support those who say H3 is not the best. If you have skills to tame H3, then you can play most of other rubbers pretty well, because you have precision and power.

I stopped using H3 regularly, still have it on my secondary setup, just for fun. But when I was using it regularly it was the time when I was receiving the most complains and compliments about balls being "too spiny". H3 - commercial without any boosting (the soft one, like 38/39)
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 9:04am
Where to buy this blade?
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 9:17am

I think $10 price is just about right for H3 and any other rubber. At least H3 is priced properly, while other rubbers not worth $100+ tag price. This is what I call brain washing. People are tend to believe these products worth the price.

Never the less I support those who say H3 is not the best. If you have skills to tame H3, then you can play most of other rubbers pretty well, because you have precision and power.

I stopped using H3 regularly, still have it on my secondary setup, just for fun. But when I was using it regularly it was the time when I was receiving the most complains and compliments about balls being "too spiny". H3 - commercial without any boosting (the soft one, like 38/39)

it's not about whether you have the skills for h3 or not, whether you can tame it or not.
it's just not designed to be used in the way pros play.
they need something that will make most of the work for them.
hence they boost or they use other rubbers like dignics.

for 10$ you can get very good rubbers.
just not from dhs.
you need to go to brands like palio, 729, yinhe.

Edited by astaroyd - 05/21/2021 at 9:29am
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2021 at 5:00am

Where to buy this blade?

From the start, I knew there will be lot of speculation on this blade. Some people bought many pieces just for reselling them immediately for twice the price. So now, it is not possible to find it for less than 250 EUR on Ebay.
Collectors will keep them, players who don't like the blade after trying will sell them but in a used condition. 
The others are just speculators.

Edited by kakapo - 05/22/2021 at 5:01am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2021 at 6:03am

it's not about whether you have the skills for h3 or not, whether you can tame it or not.

just not from dhs.

that's exactly where I go. Not because of the price but because 729 and Palio make good stuff.
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2021 at 6:51am

just not from dhs.

that's exactly where I go. Not because of the price but because 729 and Palio make good stuff.

-h3 neo is not a "bad rubber".
it's just not a rubber with "internal energy".
to play continuous loop style you need rubbers with internal energy, that practically loop by themselves.

-dhs could make their own "palio ak47" or "729 focus III".
somehow they seem more concentrated on making products meant to be treated with booster (h3, h8, etc).
after all 90% of the chinese pros are using h3 both sides... why bother making other rubbers?

Edited by astaroyd - 05/22/2021 at 7:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2021 at 8:42am
its funny when there is more info about H3 neo than Effort 70 
XD I will put review again:
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

its funny when there is more info about H3 neo than Effort 70 
XD I will put review again:
what a great review! thanks for sharing. it's hard to read and watch them practice at the same time. Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2021 at 6:25pm
I Really like him, he has deeper more professional wise info than all reviewers
I saw guy in Germany put the link on their forum and IT is good to see that people share his videos because more views=more reviews for him.
He deserve way more credit than he owns because he is better than all reviewers. I like Germany reviewer Geeblock or one guy who he has own review of Yinhe v16 aka maze clone. I forgot his name but his reviews are good too. He has less english translate reviews but still Has own Words and perspective. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 10:15am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

This is coming soon by special order only?

OH BOY!
Will people prefer buying that $300 series I (2008) collectible TB ALC or the 70th Anniversary TB ALC at about the same price? mmmhhh people will be torn.
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 5:29pm
Well the naming is quite excellent since Bty doesn't usually make an Effort to actually release a new type of blade.

But I dig the simplistic look and it's always nice to see some new hinoki blades. However it's a pity that it is only a limited series.

Is kiri core confirmed? This looks more like ayous core to me. With 5.8mm total thickness and thick hinoki outer ply this might be a flexible blade. I can actually imagine it playing really nicely, hinoki grips the ball well, and ayous core lifts the ball. 
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 3:48pm

Thank you for sharing my Tweet.Embarrassed I really appreciate that.

Meanwhile, I have heard 70th Anniversary Timo Boll ALC Special Edition will be available with FL and ST handle and not AN, but I can't confirm that yet.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 4:45pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Thank you for sharing my Tweet.Embarrassed I really appreciate that.

Meanwhile, I have heard 70th Anniversary Timo Boll ALC Special Edition will be available with FL and ST handle and not AN, but I can't confirm that yet.

Here's the confirmation:

fb.me/spinnier
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 5:16am
There will be also 70th Anniversary Zhang Jike Super ZLC Special.

fb.me/spinnier
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 6:09am
Indeed Butterfly seems to give the anniversary treatment for Zhang Jike SZLC. If these are the same price as standard ones I guess it's fine.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 4:04am
I've heard from a Butterfly distributor that at this stage they're only planning to release these 70th anniversary Timo Boll and Zhang Jike blades into the Chinese market.

Edited by haggisv - 06/23/2021 at 4:05am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 12:12pm
Probably BTY China asked for these blades to be made... 

The quality may not be better than the regular version, but with that logo, it means a lot to a lot of rich chinese fans.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 8:33pm
effort was released for different than EU market.
There is 3 places:
China
GERMANY
Japan
So for me Mizutani 'or Harimoto '70 is coming soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic