Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

stiltt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stiltt
    Posted: 06/18/2021 at 6:50am
look at the blade of stiltt..... it's like he's trying to build a rocket to the moon or somethin LOL

Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 10:54am
lol thanks for noticing, it’s still in the mail. I wanted something fast, heavy with a low balance of 3cm max. Sérgio ended up with that 99g speed monster. I had requested 95 to 100g, st, center tamca, balsa bi-core 2x2mm, alc, ayous 1mm, szlc, kiso hinoki 1mm. He delivered! I’ll test and probably order another one.

Rubber choice is a big deal. Gewo nexus 38 or 43? Victas 07 Limber? AK47? Desto F3? Not sure yet.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 10:56am
Absolutely ridiculous. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 11:06am
I absolutely agree. Thank you for your valuable input Big smile

astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

look at the blade of stiltt..... it's like he's trying to build a rocket to the moon or somethin LOL

the layers are

hinoki
24k gold with carbon
a layer of cheddar cheese
arylate carbon
a piece of frozen chicken
a black hole in the middle

dammmn......

Edited by astaroyd - 06/18/2021 at 11:27am
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 11:33am
I had a hinoki-zlc-hinoki-alc-kiri-alc-hinoki-zlc-hinoki. Very interesting blade! 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 12:00pm
When I saw it for the 1st time in pictures, I called it "the rings of Saturn" because it reminded me another picture showing Enceladus with Saturn and its rigns in the background. The rings on that picture reminded me of an early tamca5000 carbon blade.

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 4:31pm
The 7.5% and 0.35mm figures refer to just one reinforcement layer.

SZLC (and zlc) are 0.2mm thick. Ever wondered why a Zjk zlc is usually 5.7mm and a Viscaria is 5.8mm (at least on paper)? That's why. The ALC layers are 0.25mm but the middle carbon layer is 0.16mm. So we have 1.06mm worth of reinforcement on a 8.7mm total, which makes it 12%.So the blade is perfectly legal. 
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 5:46pm
thank you for clarifying the rule and for the blade that's coming to me.

Edited by stiltt - 06/18/2021 at 5:46pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 6:36am
Beautiful looking blade! Thumbs Up

BTW When I first glanced at the first picture in this thread, I thought of a cake LOL.

Edited by haggisv - 06/19/2021 at 6:39am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 9:05am
It's like a Napoleon pastry.  Or lasagna.  

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 1:10pm
I wish to ask how it plays?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 1:55pm
It's a rocket and not a racket anymore, lol.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Beautiful looking blade! Thumbs Up

BTW When I first glanced at the first picture in this thread, I thought of a cake LOL.
We'll serve it right after the lasagna, well moist like we like.

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

le mille feuille!!! it's so emotionally rewarding, crunchy and sweet, it melts in mouth like a hurricane domes, slowly and smoothly. I didn't have any forever! now I'm craving it.

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I wish to ask how it plays?
It's still in the mail, I got  caught by surprise. Hard to describe from the little I know about it. I guess in my batter, I put a Schlager Carbon, an Axelo and a Yinhe T-4, I mix and heat at about 270deg for 30 minutes, sprinkle some Stiga aluminum powder and use a cheese grater to add a Revoldia in for the special touch.

Hipnotic told me it's crazy bouncy like a trampoline... can't wait! frequency 99gr/1940Hz. So far the bounciest and fastest blades I know are the SC (and clones/sister blades) and the 10mm Speed 90 (I had one with a 2100hz frequency). The Rings of Saturn try going further. It's for older people who can't put the ball away anymore and don't mind when their short game is being disrupted a bit; they know they can train on improving their short push drop shot. Does this even exist? "My SPDS is from another world today!" Big smile

The fantastic side of the story is about Sergio: in addition to fine wood sourcing and composite plies -which is already big as dealing with epoxy consistently is not easy - we can now add the balance location to our requests with the scale that he developed and uses as a communication tool to describe what he does. That adds up so much control for those who want to experiment. For example it is possible today to hope for and get for sure a much heavier blade that won't feel like a falling brick that bends our wrist downwards. I encourage everybody to build their own dream blade by starting a conversation with him via PM before switching to email for ease of communication (especially for pictures). 

Edited by stiltt - 06/19/2021 at 2:28pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

It's a rocket and not a racket anymore, lol.
yep! we shoot for the moon as astaroyd announced and if we miss, well...we'll end up within the stars.LOL
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 2:45pm
you could have bought this one, it looks really nice

Edited by astaroyd - 06/20/2021 at 2:46pm
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 5:19pm
I like the SQST handle, that will be comfy.  It's like my old Sweden Classics except 14x as fast.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

Stiltt makes blades?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

le mille feuille!!! it's so emotionally rewarding, crunchy and sweet, it melts in mouth like a hurricane domes, slowly and smoothly. I didn't have any forever! now I'm craving it.

And just like the pastry, your blade has a thousand layers.  I hope it is as satisfying.  
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 9:34am

And just like the pastry, your blade has a thousand layers.  I hope it is as satisfying.  

So, when and how did this thread turn into The Food Channel?  [Where is Heavyspin when we need him?]

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

So, when and how did this thread turn into The Food Channel?  [Where is Heavyspin when we need him?]

Thanks.

Both the Napolean and Mille-feuille pastries are good comparisons to the up close view of stiltt's blade. Note that a traditional Napolean is layered with almond paste, while a traditional Mille-feuille is layered with pastry cream. 

Edited by heavyspin - 06/23/2021 at 11:01am
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 1:01pm
aaargh...Time to stop by my neighborhood's "Bakery Nouveau". That American guy won the world championships of Bakery and opened his shop a few blocks from my place in 2006. They have a 50 people line on the sidewalk on Saturdays mornings, for a good reason! They make the absolute best bread I have ever eaten, even in France. I stayed away when I became a vegan but still stop by sometimes for bread and try resisting eating the rest but it's hopeless, I will cheat every time. The way they do pizza in traditional bakeries always turned me on for example.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 1:57pm
Maybe I should have included some fine traditional Portuguese pastry in the parcel...
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 4:30pm
Portugal has pastry shops the way the US has Starbucks.  Never seen anything like it.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 4:50pm
I'm Laughing Out Loud.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Portugal has pastry shops the way the US has Starbucks.  Never seen anything like it.

When food is the subject, we know what we are doing...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 5:15pm

Oh my god yes.  Beyond belief and so good, especially in the Lisbon area.  Oddly enough, I didn't find them in Porto.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 5:22pm
Next stilltt needs a blade that looks like an eclair.  Or a religieuse.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 5:34pm
The thunderstorm of a nun? I am all for it, George Brassens style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClmhkzrmV8A (a bit monotonous without the sense of the words).
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

When food is the subject, we know what we are doing...

Not that this is in dispute or needs confirmation:

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Diet Plan

Portuguese natives know how to eat and Cristiano Ronaldo is no exception. Maintaining a wonderfully diverse diet, he gets down with fruit juices, bread, fish, eggs, steak, and the occasional slice of cake or chocolate bar. His favorite dish is called Bacalhau à Brás and it layers salted cod, onions, thinly sliced fried potatoes, black olives, and parsley atop a pile of scrambled eggs. Like we said: they know how to eat in Portugal.  [My highlight]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic