Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

He Zhi Wen losing to an amateur xD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

It's nice for the amateur to say he beat HZW, however, without proper context, it's a largely meaningless result.

Was this an exhibition? Was this the last match in a RR group where HZW had already clinched advancing? Prize money? HZW certainly didn't look like he was playing hard.

the way hzw played
was standard tactics for trying to deal with drevil or lp
that is try to rally over the table and improve the feeling and confidence on timing with attacking against the Drevil stuff.
But this time Guo took care of business too efficiently moving Hzw around too much.

BTW
while i am writing this Federer is losing to unknown pole Hurkasz in wimbledon quarters.currently 2 sets down!
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Sponsored Links

KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2021 at 3:04pm
Hi:

The youtube video is showing the
Asian Veteran Championship hosted in China few years ago.
The match was the Over-50 final between He vs. Guo.
Guo upset He in the final to claim the champion for that age group division.

klhfans
banJunkRubbers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banJunkRubbers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 3:17pm
I played this guy in a tournament a couple years back, and he made me look live I've never played before. Super frustrating to play, but so much fun to watch. Glad this got posted.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2021 at 4:24am
Originally posted by KLHfans KLHfans wrote:

His name is George Guo, the state champion in the US Michigan state few years ago.
His USTTA rating is around 2262.  But I saw him beat 2500 players in my club.
He is currently playing in the bay area, northern CA,  ICC, Swan and TTA club.
He used Dr. Evil OX (no sponge) and can smash both sides with only one side of rubber.
He took every ball right out of the bounce and deadly angle and he made 2000 level players look liked doesn't know how to play table tennis.  You need very good footwork in order to keep up his pace.

Huge respect to George for hitting backhands like Toshio Tasaki while playing hardbat.  And judging from the "tonk" sound of his racket, that is one stiff blade so great display of control and touch.

But, I will guess that the "real" matches happened after the tournament, just like in Color of Money.

andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 6:23am
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

It's nice for the amateur to say he beat HZW, however, without proper context, it's a largely meaningless result.

Was this an exhibition? Was this the last match in a RR group where HZW had already clinched advancing? Prize money? HZW certainly didn't look like he was playing hard.

the way hzw played
that is try to rally over the table and improve the feeling and confidence on timing with attacking against the Drevil stuff.
But this time Guo took care of business too efficiently moving Hzw around too much.

BTW
while i am writing this Federer is losing to unknown pole Hurkasz in wimbledon quarters.currently 2 sets down!

18th player in ranking- UNKNOWN Polish player xd
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

the way hzw played

BTW

18th player in ranking-UNKNOWN Polish player xd

hi andzejgolot
yes I apologise to Hurkacz fans everywhere
I am not tracking the rankings as well as I should
i think age is a factor

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 07/13/2021 at 7:38am
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 4:31pm
chillout. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by KLHfans KLHfans wrote:

His name is George Guo, the state champion in the US Michigan state few years ago.
His USTTA rating is around 2262.  But I saw him beat 2500 players in my club.
He is currently playing in the bay area, northern CA,  ICC, Swan and TTA club.
He used Dr. Evil OX (no sponge) and can smash both sides with only one side of rubber.
He took every ball right out of the bounce and deadly angle and he made 2000 level players look liked doesn't know how to play table tennis.  You need very good footwork in order to keep up his pace.

I wonder if guo has played Li yuxiang , cpen SP coach from new york.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2021 at 6:09am

Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

the way hzw played

BTW

18th player in ranking-UNKNOWN Polish player xd

hi andzejgolot
yes I apologise to Hurkacz fans everywhere
I am not tracking the rankings as well as I should
i think age is a factor

PPP, I am with you on this. I also had never heard of him before. It just shows how little attention (other than the big boys) I pay to tennis these days. But I certainly won't forget him now.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2021 at 6:40am
played with George while living in Michigan 20 years ago. He was using regular short pips back then. His forehand hit and backhand block were very consistent but not as lethal as what have displayed in this video. Using an Ox rubber seems to have elevated his game to another level. Nevertheless, This is An unbelievable achievement for him to beat HZW regardless of the circumstances. 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic