FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Aliexpress good experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aliexpress good experience
    Posted: 07/10/2021 at 6:51pm
I purchased on Aliexpress and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought 8 rubbers, they came in 2 weeks and I was updated all along via email about the package's whereabouts. It was all very well handled, they know what they are doing.

I purchased from that store:

The pleasant surprise came in the accessories that came with the rubbers:

One plastic rubber protector per rubber and enough edge tape to cover 4 blades, one per 2 rubbers.

If a Chinese company can afford 2 rubber protectors and edge tape for one blade for every couple cheapo rubber they sell, why wouldn't the big Western companies do the same (Japan being more than an appendix of the Western civilization now from an economics standpoint)? 

Edited by stiltt - 07/11/2021 at 1:13am
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 1:14am
Answer: because they can afford not to dumb ass!

ok thank you...
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 1:55am
Unfortunately Aliexpress/Prott.cc/ ttnpp.com are no longer an interesting choice for Euro customers since 1st July New VAT taxes they rose dramatically their prices.

Better to stick to my euro such as TT11.com or even your local store.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 2:03am
That's a great question.  One that I've wondered about as well.  It would make sense from our point of view, but not necessarily from their POV.

Thanks for the heads up on that Vendor.  Good to know.

I've bought from AliExpress multiple times over the past Pandemic year (Diamond Member 50X+) mostly smaller items like fountain pens, road bike accessories, and electronics ($5 -$40USD) that I don't mind whether or not the quality of the product is great.  I've had only one bad experience for a delivery all the way to California.  And on top of that, only 2 times where I have had to ask for a refund.  No problems with getting the refund.  So I finally decided to try to buy Table Tennis equipment there.

So far so good.  First 5X I tried to buy accessories.  No problems there.  The last 2 times I bought a set of Palio CJ8000 and Reactor Corbor Rubbers with good luck.   Just got the Palio Rubbers from Customs  today.  I'm waiting for some Yinhe T2S and Yinhe Mercury II which will be my biggest order to date.

It takes from 2-6 weeks, averaging 3-4 weeks for majority of my purchases.

Edited by SDRamones - 07/11/2021 at 2:45am
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 4:03am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I purchased on Aliexpress and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought 8 rubbers, they came in 2 weeks and I was updated all along via email about the package's whereabouts. It was all very well handled, they know what they are doing.

I purchased from that store:

The pleasant surprise came in the accessories that came with the rubbers:

One plastic rubber protector per rubber and enough edge tape to cover 4 blades, one per 2 rubbers.

Yep .. I remember ordering the exact same rubber (AK-47 Blue), and receiving a rubber protector. If I remember correctly, this gift is mentioned on their store-page (For this product).
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 6:57am

If a Chinese company can afford 2 rubber protectors and edge tape for one blade for every couple cheapo rubber they sell, why wouldn't the big Western companies do the same (Japan being more than an appendix of the Western civilization now from an economics standpoint)? 

The gift you got from seller, not from company
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 9:39am
Custom clearance might be an issue now. I ordered some DHS DJ40+ balls from Hong Kong, and it has been in the custom for more than two weeks.
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

umm... The AliExpress store is Palio Official Store. So, in this case, the seller is the company itself.

Edited by Veet - 07/11/2021 at 11:29am
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 1:14pm
The Water based glue I bought took extra long to go through Customs.  You get notifications sometimes when the packages enters the country.  So you can tell how long it sits there in Customs.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

umm... The AliExpress store is Palio Official Store. So, in this case, the seller is the company itself.

In this case yes but in general all sellers on AliExpress send this gifts with rubbers.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 10:12pm
Can see it both ways - give customer a little more and they'll be happy and repeat purchasers, all at the cost of a little of your margin.

However, why sell 1 big ticket item and give accessories away, when you can sell the big ticket item, and sell accessories as well.

There's a reason beginner / social bats come with a blade, rubbers glued on and even some balls.

For competitive level equipment, you get exactly what you pay for, nothing more nothing less.

Finally, in many cases, some things are costly to produce - in badminton a lot of rackets come without covers - idea is save a few $$ so you don't have to sell for say $189, you can sell the racquet for $180.

Customer is happy they saved some $$, as they already have dozens of racquets that always came with covers. Can save a little wastage as well - for example some players are fussy about edge tape or ball quality etc.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2021 at 10:25pm
I want to precise that as hinted above, the customs trip can last a while. In my case I received an email saying that the package arrived in the USA and it stayed in customs for a more than a week, I could have received the rubbers under 7 days. I don't want to feed conspiracy theories but if another country was slowly beating me at my own game, I would probably try to slow them down with tricks like leaving a package waiting in customs on purpose to encourage local purchases and put the brakes on my currency feeding overseas countries, fair game right?

Edited by stiltt - 07/11/2021 at 10:29pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2021 at 6:03pm
Aux armes citoyennes!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Aux armes citoyennes!
That will be interesting a change! While the citoyennes fight and sacrifice their lives to save the country, the citoyens will take care of the kids and after the armistice, expect the bh loop oriented game to rule the tactics, ZJK style.
Jolitaula View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolitaula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2021 at 4:05pm
Aliexpress is the best place to order stuff from. I love this place, they have everything, and most of the stuff is cheap. I call form Aliexpress constantly for four years now, and only two months ago, I was able to find a good tracking application. Ever since I found aliexpress tracking application, the whole experience changed drastically. Now I can finally track my order and be calm about my order. I would really love to recommend this tracking application to everyone who is facing similar problems as I did.

Edited by Jolitaula - 07/27/2021 at 5:34am
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2021 at 8:50pm
I recently ordered a ball-picker-upper from them, for half the price of Amazon.  I suspect it's stuck in customs, because their email said the package was in the U.S. four days ago.  
DHS ML5 (W968), Hurricane 3, Dignics 09c
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 5:07am
Originally posted by ClimbK2 ClimbK2 wrote:

I recently ordered a ball-picker-upper from them, for half the price of Amazon.  I suspect it's stuck in customs, because their email said the package was in the U.S. four days ago.  

Do you have a link? Would love to buy one, especially if you know it to be good
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 2:12pm
I have not received it yet.  It looks like the same one sold by Amazon though, which is a similar design to a different ball-picker I own.  
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 2:27pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Aux armes citoyennes!
That will be interesting a change! While the citoyennes fight and sacrifice their lives to save the country, the citoyens will take care of the kids and after the armistice, expect the bh loop oriented game to rule the tactics, ZJK style.

Ha ha.  I do still make mistakes li,e that
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 7:43pm
Received it.  Works fine.  Same as item sold on Amazon.  No surprise, since they’re both made in China.  

Edited by ClimbK2 - 07/16/2021 at 7:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic