Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The same blade for play and for robot training  ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The same blade for play and for robot training ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The same blade for play and for robot training ?
    Posted: 07/12/2021 at 7:58pm
Hi, 
Since training with robot will consume the rubber very fast, do you guys use the same blade/rubber you are using for matches ?
I do not use the same blade/rubber, meaning I have 2 identical blade/rubber. Or is it not important to have identical second blade/rubber so I can use any blade as long as it belongs to the same category (for example all round or offensive) ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2021 at 10:18pm
I like to alternate my rackets so that at any given time they have about the same wear.  With lots of robot play I try to make sure each gets about the same amount of robot play as well as total play over any 2 week period.  

With my lack of touch and feeling it most likely makes absolutely no difference.  But it mentally gives me more confidence knowing I am just as familiar (and just as bad a player) with my spare as I am with my main blade.   Also since I have enough trouble already keeping ball in play during matches, I see no need for having something faster during matches than during practice.  Of course having something with more spin might help so who really can say which is the best way to approach matching the wear on main and spare paddle.

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 2:26am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Hi, 
Since training with robot will consume the rubber very fast, do you guys use the same blade/rubber you are using for matches ?
I do not use the same blade/rubber, meaning I have 2 identical blade/rubber. Or is it not important to have identical second blade/rubber so I can use any blade as long as it belongs to the same category (for example all round or offensive) ?

If the point of the robot is to improve, use the same exact equipment.

If you are investing in a home setup complete with robot and a lot of balls, just invest a little more in having the same equipment. Maybe buy another spare blade and rubber that you already really like, and after using it for a few months, let it become your robot training bat, and change the rubber after its quite worn.

Its like buying a ferrari and not insuring it. Or filling it with diesel.

You've probably invested almost a grand with table, robot, balls, net ball catcher, so why ruin the setup by using less suitable equipment.

Edited by Basquests - 07/13/2021 at 2:28am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 10:43am
I have two I rotate. Use the robot to break in the newly resurfaced racket.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 11:21am
Two identical rackets here.... The newer of the two for matches, the one that's more worn for training. Once the old rubber is replaced, the setup gets promoted to the match racket and the other one becomes the practice one. 
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2021 at 7:33pm
Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it.
Actually I have 2 Virtuoso- and 2 Virtuoso CRWI. Then I have 1 Exppert II CRWI, and I am communicating with OSP for the second blade. As for rubber, I use mostly Acuda P1.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic