Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keslaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keslaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of equipment
    Posted: 07/15/2021 at 3:40pm
Hello,

My current bat and rubbers are very worn, I want to change it to something new. Current setup is:

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro

Forehand rubber: Tibhar EL-S

Backhand rubber: Tibhar FX-S

I want to change brand to something else - maybe Butterfly? I'm really offensive player, I like to spin a lot, especially with forehand. Backhand is my weaker side, but still I want something pretty aggressive for this one as well. Before those Tibhar rubbers, I had double MX-P, but they had way too much catapult effect. I want to spend about £150 (207$) for whole setup. What can you recommend?

I will build it via this website, because they can make it up for me: https://bribartt.co.uk

Edited by Keslaw - 07/15/2021 at 3:40pm
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2021 at 4:01pm
Keep the same blade. If you struggled to control MXP, be aware that new ESN gen are harder to tame and even heavier. 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2021 at 6:14pm
Hi,

Have a couple of questions which might help break it down a bit more as there's quite a bit of kit out there to be honest.

what distance do you play from the table roughly?

When you say very offensive is it more spin or speed.

Do you play in the local leagues or country/british league. rough standard.

do you like your set up at the moment or are you just looking for a extra something? speed, spin etc.

Did you like the softer rubbers or were you looking for something harder, with more grip or control

Have the guys/girls at Bribar offered up anything on the suggestions yet?

Cheers

khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2021 at 9:58pm
you may consider to buy a blade in this forum since it is usually a great bargain, and buy 2 rubbers yourself to glue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic