Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my rubber hasnt domed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my rubber hasnt domed
    Posted: 07/17/2021 at 4:29pm
When you took it off did it have a reverse dome? I use H3N or Battle 2 on my forehand and when I take them off they have a pretty severe reverese dome. When I apply some baby oil or seamoon they get back being flat or dome slightly but that's normal.
I think H3N factory boost and the pre-glue is really top notch and doesn't need any additional so if you're flat or slightly domed that's good to go.

Edited by Zwill - 07/17/2021 at 4:30pm
Sponsored Links

Willj0320 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willj0320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 3:58pm
thats the updated layer of glue 

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 5:17am
Looks like a lot of old glue on it. 
The booster is probably not reaching the sponge.
Try cleaning it off first and then reboosting

(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
GrayGhost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 10:24pm
I found 2 layers with Seamoon don't cause much of dome, especially with commercial.  The Blue Sponge domes slightly... 3 layers turns it into a tunnel and had to wait 3 days before the rubber flattened out enough to glue to the blade.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 9:49pm
Strange. All my NEO's get a curl even if they just catch a scent of a booster near by.  Big smile
Btw the only booster I use iis FTL and one layer is usually enough to dome the rubber.....but frankly I remember one rubber which didn't react at all because it was too old.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Willj0320 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willj0320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2021 at 6:55pm
Hi guys im in the boosting process for my hurricane 3 NEOS i started tuesday by puting on  the first layer on, yesterday i put the second layer on my question is why hasnt my rubber domed as its been 24 hours since I put the second layer. I will attach photos do i add another layer ?  i have a big tourneyment next week i would love know if i doing this right 
Thanks, 

Edited by Willj0320 - 07/16/2021 at 7:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic