Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber for forehand suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber for forehand suggestions
    Posted: 07/17/2021 at 7:45am
So there are many new rubbers and new options for a forehand rubber, in particular for 47º-50º rubbers. What are you using at the moment? I’m looking for an alternative to my Tibhar mxp evolution
Sponsored Links

Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 12:45pm
Hi,

MXP not too expensive; and f it does not suit, there's obviously no need to look for alternatives.. Which begs the question - Why are you looking for alternatives to MXP ... ?

Anyway, to answer your question, you could try ..

Nitaku Fastarc G
Xiom Omega Pro or even Tour

Right now, I'm playing with Palio AK-47 Red, and to me, it feel like a slightly toned-down version of MXP
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 1:00pm
Candidate for Tibhar Grass D-Techs just to kep it in the family ??

Edited by BH-Man - 07/17/2021 at 1:01pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

So there are many new rubbers and new options for a forehand rubber, in particular for 47º-50º rubbers. What are you using at the moment? I’m looking for an alternative to my Tibhar mxp evolution

MX-P is still a top class rubber, what don't you like in it that pushes you towards switching?
Don't expect any other ESN rubber to be vastly different unless you get some sticky type like the Rakza Z or Tibhar K2... I played with the Rasanter R53 and it is very good for about 2-3 months tops(and after performance is reduced significantly), but it's not a gamechanger compared to MX-P or any other similar ESN rubbers.

If price is a concern look at the Gewo Nexxus series usually they have good price. If price is no concern look at the Dignics series.
If you want something new try the Rakza Z or basicaly all of the equavalant other ESN half sticky rubbers or Dignics 09c.

I never tried the Mizuno Q series, but I can imagine it being pretty good. I tend to find that Japanese made rubbers don't rely on factory boosting like german or chinese made rubbers so they don't lose performance after 2-3 months.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 7:03pm
There is nothing better currently than MXP, if you are after non-Butterfly stuff. When it comes to ESN stuff, this golden rule is true:

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2021 at 7:18pm
How is mx-d?
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2021 at 5:43am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

How is mx-d?

I have tested it against a very good blocker.

Mine is on the Donic Skachkov with an MXS on the other side. We did a drill (I only hit the ball to his BH while he fed me one to the BH which I looped, then I pivoted and made a FH loop from the BH corner which he then put to my FH). I did some diagonal loops too. His impressions were that loops from the MXD carry a little less spin than the MXS but the ball travelled a little faster. The speed difference, however, was clearly not substantial enough for him to say that the MXD is better than MXS. What I noticed was that opening loops / slow loops at the table with MXS are spinnier and more importantly, easier to control. With MXD there was a little vagueness as to how much I should close the bat angle. The advantage of the MXD comes out at 1.5-2 meters away from the table or when you let the ball sink a little than optimal - in these cases it is more easy toge the ball on the table because MXD has a higher throw angle.

Compared to MXP: MXP regular is faster than MXD so for very agressive speed-focused players MXP is still better. MXD is for players whose gameplan emphasises the placement of loops with hitting a winner on second intention.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2021 at 5:55am
I’m using mxp from 2-3 years, it’s a good rubber but I don’t like that my topspins go quite short/in the middle of my opponent’s table, I would like a rubber that makes my topspins more aggressive in the end of my opponent table, but not too hard to be uncontrollable in opening loops and slow balls. Currently I’m trying tibhar mxd and rasanter r48
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2021 at 8:10am
For longer trajectory you should've got the rasanter V series. Bryce highspeed would also be a good bet. The R48 is pretty much a T05 clone, and T05 has exactly the trajectory you want to avoid. I'm sure MXP has longer trajectory than R48. Rasanter V series is clone of T64 and T64 is the long trajectory Tenergy. But I think bryce highspeed is the best soft superlong trajectory rubber, only hard Chinese rubbers beat it. 
GrayFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2021 at 12:24pm
t05 , t19
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic