Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skyline TG2 NEO not tacky enough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rmdec View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmdec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skyline TG2 NEO not tacky enough
    Posted: 07/23/2021 at 11:07pm
So I recently bought a Skyline TG2 NEO, and it is nowhere near as tacky as I'd expect. It certainly is different from my european rubbers, but I have my 1 year old daily-used TG3 NEO that I take good care of, that is tackier than it (holds ball for 10 seconds). My TG2 only holds the ball for half a second.
I've read some reviews online indicating there's an inconsistency in tackiness. Does anyone have this experience? For example one review says it is not very tacky at all, another says it is tackier than H3, and another says first and second sheet they bought were different, one tacky, one not as much.

Other than the tackiness, the way it plays does not seem far off from what I'd expect, it's slow, linear, produces a lot of spin.
Did I receive a fake? How do I check? This isn't the provincial or national version, just commercial, purchased for 19$.

Edited by rmdec - 07/23/2021 at 11:08pm
Sponsored Links

Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2021 at 3:33pm
What you say sounds like an original one. DHS rubbers have inconsistency regarding their tackiness. Wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest. I played with very tacky ones and with ones that barely have any ability to lift the ball. Actually funny enough I think the less sticky rubbers grip (and spin) the ball better during play and the ones that hold the ball long actually can slip nastily. It's like the very sticky ones have this wax on them which turns into ice on high spin balls.

If you want consistency look at 729 Battle 2.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
rmdec View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmdec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2021 at 6:11pm
Thank you for the reply! I suspected it could be a quality variance thing, the confirmation is useful.
Thanks for the suggestion also, I will try 729 Battle 2 rubber next. I am looking for more chinese style rubbers or tacky hybrids to test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic