Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS 301 or Joola Aruna off?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ItsallaboutTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsallaboutTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS 301 or Joola Aruna off?
    Posted: 01/06/2022 at 7:29am
I'm intending to replace my Xiom offensive S blade with something with better control/speed.
The blade type that suits my playing style is quick attack+loop.
I found the best blades of that style (with the current budget) is Joola Aruna off or DHS 301.
I can get both with the same price (almost).
The rubber I will use with it is Fastarc G-1 and Joola Rhyzm-P.
I'm really hesitant what to buy, can you please help me?

Edited by ItsallaboutTT - 01/06/2022 at 8:27am
Sponsored Links

YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:08am
The DHS301 is a fine blade, but then again, I also like that Offensive S.

It's crisper, a notch faster.  The Aruna Off, if you mean the Joola one and not one of the GEWO Aruna off blades, is a different beast altogether.  In fact, the three blades are quite complimentary.

The Offensive S with the softish feel, the heavy chew on the ball, a bit on the flexy side; a looper's blade, maybe best in mid-position.

The DHS301 has a crisp feeling and a sharp bite, and a steeper power curve.  Plays well close to the table, holds its own away from it.

The Aruna Off (Joola) starts out soft with an amazing kick and punch once you really engage.  Whisper to monster roar with the flick of a wrist.  Wonderful in second position, excellent in the short game, at my level a bit hard to master inbetween.

FA G-1 and Rhyzm-P work well on all three, in different ways (though for me, Rhyzm-P is a bit too eager to engage for my comfort) and will let you produce high quality shots.

Edited by YoAss - 01/06/2022 at 8:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsallaboutTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:20am
Thanks, I really appreciate your reply, yes I'm talking Joola version (not Gewo).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsallaboutTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 5:53pm
Hi again, unfortunately the last blade Joola Aruna Off was sold :(
I can't find it anywhere, I put a post here but there is no luck.
It's available on Aliexpress but it's very suspecious, there are >200 blades available although it's discontinued, also the box is different than the one in Europe, of course the seller swears it's original.

What do you think? :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic