Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before Timo Boll There Was Eberhard Schöler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before Timo Boll There Was Eberhard Schöler
    Posted: 03/05/2023 at 6:03am
The story of one of the most accomplished German table tennis players of all time - Eberhard Schöler. Legendary defender from the 1960's era.

Sponsored Links

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2023 at 3:25pm
I had a weeks coaching at a summer camp in the 60's. Ebby Scholer and his soon to be wife Diane Rowe English TT star and world ladies doubles champion were both coaching that week which was a star struck occasion for me. Every lunch time Ebby would play an exhibition match With England No 2 (?) Ian Harrison and Ebby would win easily with beautiful chop, finishing off many points with a lightning forehand from the deep.
I was very much a beginner then, so didn't know enough to be curious about his bat. Obviously I tried to learn to chop and I remember he told me not to chop too heavy but concentrate on returning deep. Both he and Diane were extremely friendly and helpful to us kids. Probably that week solidified my determination to learn the game properly which I eventually managed, though never a great defender    

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 03/05/2023 at 3:26pm
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic