Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTY Glayzer Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTY Glayzer Rubber
    Posted: 04/07/2023 at 8:24am
Has anyone tried it? How is it compared to other rubbers? Thanks.
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2023 at 9:34am
I have tested the Glayzer (normal Glayzer in 1,9 red on backhand and G09C in 2,1 black on forehand) for the first time - too short for a real review, but I can say, that this rubber is not between Tenergy and Dignics, it is more between Rozena and Tenergy, because Tenergy 05 is definitely spinnier than both Glazer versions.

The normal Glayzer is easy to play with, not far away from a "normal" ESN rubber, more bouncy than the Tenergy 05, less spinny and a bit less reactive to the opponents spin.

Glayzer 09C is slightly tacky, with really low catapult. You have to play each stroke active. Otherwise the ball will end up in the net. If you play passive, this is a very slow rubber, similar to most Chinese rubbers in this point. Spin is not more than T05 and much less than Dignics 09C or H3 Neo.

Don`t misunderstand me: both are nice rubbers, especially for this price, but the marketing sounds like a mix between Dignics (to-sheet) and Tenergy (sponge). But this is not what I feel. For me it is neither the topsheet of the Dignics nor the sponge of the Tenergy. Nevertheless I will continue my test, because they are both easy to use (especially the normal Glayzer).
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2023 at 3:02pm
In my limited experience insofar, Glayzers are to Rozena what Dignics is to Tenergy.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2023 at 9:27am

I finally made a video about the Glayzer series, please activate the English subtitles! 

In the video you can find:

• a Glayzer09c and Glayzer05 test and review, 
  • a comparison between Glayzer05 and Rozena, 
  • a comparison between Dignics09c and Glayzer09c,
  • a comparison between boosted and unboosted Glayzer09c

I hope you will enjoy the video! 

From now on I’m using officially the Glayzer09c on my forehand, my previous rubber was Tibhar MXP Evolution 

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Glayzer 09C is slightly tacky, with really low catapult. You have to play each stroke active. Otherwise the ball will end up in the net. If you play passive, this is a very slow rubber, similar to most Chinese rubbers in this point. Spin is not more than T05 and much less than Dignics 09C or H3 Neo.

I have a very different experience. To me the Glayzer 09c has a very high throw with the pronounced spring sponge kick effect ( this is definitely stronger than mxp). The speed and spin are not super high though. The hybrid MK is a lot faster with a lower throw
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2023 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I have a very different experience. To me the Glayzer 09c has a very high throw with the pronounced spring sponge kick effect ( this is definitely stronger than mxp). The speed and spin are not super high though. The hybrid MK is a lot faster with a lower throw

You don't use same blade as Magic_M. This can explain why you have different experience :)
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2023 at 4:57pm
I have been using a sheet of Red Glayzer with 2.1mm sponge for a couple of weeks on BTY Ovtcharov blade.  I'll try it on the Mazunov tomorrow.

My normal rubber is Dignics 05.  I am a BH dominant player, so on the BH it does not work for me at all.  The topsheet has decent grip, but the sponge is too soft to support it.  I tend to brush the ball a lot on the BH and the rubber tops out immediately on pretty much anything other than the slowest loop.  It blocks and pushes well.  I had D05 on one side of the blade and Glayzer on the other.  When you just bounce the ball, Glayzer is bouncier, which explains why it blocks so well.  It is definitely less sensitive to spin than D05.

Somewhat unexpectedly, BH punch with Glayzer is very erratic.  I am not 100% certain why.

On the FH, where I go through the ball and engage the sponge and the blade a little more, it works a little better for me.  Compared to the more normal D05, on the FH, Glayzer blocks a little better, but makes less topspin when I loop.  Faster loops just do not work with the Glayzer for me.  The rubber tops out and everything ends up spraying all over.  I rotate the racket back to Dignics and it is all back to normal.

I'll give it another week and if I can't figure out how to play with it, I'll put it on of my kids' rackets and go back to D05 on both sides.

General disclaimer: I play an aggressive game that relies on generating more spin than the other guy, so my requirements are perhaps somewhat different than that of most people.  Other than the BH punch, I seldom play anything flat and I am not trying to hit the ball particularly fast.  My game is based on a spinny serve, heavy push and heavy loop.  YMMV.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2023 at 2:42am
I transferred my Glayzer 1.9 from a SPW to a Feel AX and it feels much better, it might be a bad glue job, it might be the blade, too early to tell. On the SPW it felt dead and dull, but now it feels more in line with other spring sponged rubbers, I need to test it more but I get the feeling that it might work better with a harder top ply blade.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2023 at 12:23pm
I now tried Glayzer on the Mazunov and it is definitely a better fit there than on the Ovtcharov ALC.  It still tops out on harder shots, but feels somehow ore stable when looping.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2023 at 12:08pm
Backslash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backslash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2023 at 1:17pm
Spintesters has 2 interesting articles where they compare the Glayzer series against Dignics and Rozena:

Butterfly Glayzer vs Rozena

Glayzer 09C vs Dignics 09C
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2023 at 4:47pm
The durability of Glayzer is a lot better than Rozena’s for sure
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic