Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Only in the USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only in the USA
    Posted: 09/03/2014 at 3:44pm
This type of thing can only happen in the USA..."Well done I say!"
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 4:15pm
If it s off topic you might want to put this in the off topic section

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=29&title=off-topic
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 4:34pm
I mean the facility is cool but I can t help but wonder if this kid will burn out someday (see Todd Marinovich) or somehow feel like he let his parents down if he does not become a top rated professional. Nevermind for a second how he feels. Will his parents be disappointed if he doesn t make it? I m going to venture to say yes when you go to those type of extremes.

Certainly it looks like he ll get all the training one could ask for. But what about genetics? They showed his dad. How big is he? How athletic could the kid be? Is the kid going to grow up to be 5 11 175? Or 6 3 205? There s a difference. I think at that elite level, those are things that will come into play.

Wish the kid all the best but it seems a little too much like a full time job training to be a future professional athlete vs just letting a kid be a kid. 

Okay I ll get off my soapbox now.

Edited by suds79 - 09/03/2014 at 4:36pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 12:40am
The strange thing is this family is Bradenton, FL - this where most of the professional players live and train. So there should be amazing coaches and facilities near them. But I guess they have a lot of money.
Butterfly MPS
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 1:06am
Sometimes it s cheaper to build one s own tennis academy than to enrol Nick Bollettieri s TA. Of course, the spirit of competition is not there in a private academy. You have to weigh in which investment is better - $30,000 per semester for 3 or 4 years, or $200,000 one time investment. There are also the promoters contracts associated with a big TA.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Sometimes it s cheaper to build one s own tennis academy than to enrol Nick Bollettieri s TA. Of course, the spirit of competition is not there in a private academy. You have to weigh in which investment is better - $30,000 per semester for 3 or 4 years, or $200,000 one time investment. There are also the promoters contracts associated with a big TA.
Well the Williams sisters didn t go through the normal channels of player development in the USTA. So perhaps there is merit to opting out the establishment. 
Hope the kids are successful.
Butterfly MPS
JavierAqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavierAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2015 at 1:50am
Just happened to see this thread and checked out.  This boy is doing very well.
http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/list.asp?id=1205&page=1&from=707195
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic