Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BTY Ishlion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTY Ishlion
    Posted: 02/11/2007 at 9:46pm
does anyone already tried this blade? any comments...
http://www.iruiru.com/images/b/ba155l.jpg
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
Sponsored Links

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 10:25am
I've been playing with it for 3 days now, the feeling is the same as Kreanga Carbon. Very stiff, compared it with schlager carbon or Sardius, Ishlion is stiffer. I use Cermet 2.1 and 729 high point. The good thing compared it to kreanga carbon is you don't need to put Clean chack before you put speed glue. If you use speed glue only, the rubber may not stick firm on Kreanga Carbon. If somebody want to buy kreanga carbon and likes to glue, Ishlion is the right choice.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 7:11pm
i kinda figured this thing was a kreanga carbon minus the coating.people were also starting to complain the kreanga carbon is not legal cause you can't see the wood layers as the rules say you can only use a clear varnish on your blades even though it has a jtta stamp
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 7:47pm
I believe the price of Ishlion is much cheaper compared to Kreanga, and it has the same unidirection carbon fiber. I think this would replace the overpriced Kreanga.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 8:44pm
Crap.  If this really is the same thing as the KC, just w/o the silver stuff, I will feel pretty ripped off considering this Ishlion is substantially cheaper.  Does the Ishlion really have the "wooden" feeling of the KC.  Despite its hardness, the Kreanga really feels more like a stiff wood than a carbon.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 10:40pm
I think the new buterfly ULC carbon based blade is a flop. Lightweight carbon simply lacks power, you will still need weight on your blade.
servio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote servio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 8:53am
just get some more muscles ^^
who says tabletennis isnt a sport?
http://www.tabletennisdayton.com/files/47wttc-superpoints.wmv
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 5:09pm
My KC attached to my scrawny arm doesn't lack much power.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 8:18pm

heavier blade definately will cut through wind resistance easier than lighter blade, hence stability and power.

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 9:58pm
kreanga carbon is very fast and light just the price was a turnoff.take off the silver paint and a pros name and there you go half off the price
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 11:08pm
I could do without the silver crap, but I like having "Kreanga" on there.  I do wish that they would release a Primo carbon with the Kreanga handle, like the blade he actually uses.  I like the Primo, but the stock handle is one of those crappy rectangle shaped ones.  The black handle Kreanga uses looks nice and comfy, esp how the top is filed down into a big bevel.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 1:34am
Primorac uses a tbs, and Kreanga uses a blade with the Kreanga Aeros handle ( im assuming the aeros)
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 1:44am
primorac uses a tbs? lol that's just humorous. If he were still in his prime years, butterfly would make him a bty primo special a/c.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 2:45am
The Kreanga handle is not the aeros handle.  It is black with pink stripes and a pink background in the little thing with his name on it.  I saw it at Killerspin in Chicago.  Also, I am pretty sure Primorac was using his carbon blade and not the tbs.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 6:50am

yep caught etc
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 9:29am
thats photoshopped
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

thats photoshopped

no.
http://vistasport.ru/mg2/index.php?list=1&page=7

thats where i got it from. unless the ppl at vistasport.ru did it. and i dont own/know how to photosh00p
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 2:14pm
that looks real to me. May be he was trying out new blade, see if it worked out. Pros change and try out different equipments all the time
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
Valeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 2:24pm
Dear Gentleman, I know this gay who is author of Primorac picture. We are members of one TT club. Also I know that he has no used photoshop for this picture. For what?
Valeri
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 2:53pm
For publicity n Marketing.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 3:33pm
I think you meant "guy", not "gay".  Or maybe not.  Either way, that pic looks real to me as pretty good evidence that Primo has used the tbs.  I still am pretty sure he had a grey handled blade in Chicago.  Maybe Butterfly stuck his handle on the tbs to cover it up.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 3:52pm
this picture is on about.com and tabletennis.gr its pretty legit
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 6:24pm
yah i've seen that pic before. It's just funny to me that he's using his enemy's racket.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 6:52pm
enemy or competitior?
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 7:36pm
when they're playing against each other, then competitor as well as enemy
when they're competing for a common goal and not competing with each other, then competitor
so competitor or competitor and enemy
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Valeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 4:34am
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

I think you meant "guy", not "gay".  Or maybe not.  Either way, that pic looks real to me as pretty good evidence that Primo has used the tbs.  I still am pretty sure he had a grey handled blade in Chicago.  Maybe Butterfly stuck his handle on the tbs to cover it up.
Of cause GUY, no GAY. It's my sh*te English. Dear native englishmen, you have very difficult language: the small mistake  changes sense of a word  cardinally. I'm sorry.

Valeri
silence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2007 at 6:18am
Yeah, it is pretty hard to learn isn't it?

It is said don't make fun of people who speak or write a second language because they are being twice as intelligent as you, however badly they do it. So don't worry.

Good luck with learning English better and welcome to the forum .
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2007 at 10:47am
Originally posted by silence silence wrote:

It is said don't make fun of people who speak or write a second language because they are being twice as intelligent as you, however badly they do it. So don't worry.

Good luck with learning English better and welcome to the forum .
Well said there, Silence. Thumbs%20Up Totally agreed w/u..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic