Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is what happens when a EJ gets sick.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is what happens when a EJ gets sick.
    Posted: 03/05/2015 at 9:56pm
So i was out with a ear infection for well over a month. So what does a EJ do when he has a lot of down time.....Not good at all...LOLBig smileBig smileBig smile

Order number 1. Stiga Clipper CR 93grams, Stiga Cipper CC 89grams and Stiga Clippa 2.0 short pips and Stiga edge tape from TT11

Order number 2. Seamoon Booster and LDTT 2.1 rubber from Saletabletennis

Order number 3. 2pc DHS H3 Neo Provincial from my local club.

Order number 4. Stiga Hybrid Wood 92grams and Stiga Clippa 2.0 short pips from TTEX.SE

Order number 5. 72pcs of the 3 star Xu Shao Fa seamless polyballs from TTnPP

Table Tennis is not good for my wallet Cry

Now i think i need to order a Yasaka clicky press......LOL
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 10:32pm
oh my... good luck with all this. I'll try to keep repressing the EJ disease over here.

Click the picture for feedback ^
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 10:48pm
I've never heard of this LDTT rubber you purchased. What is it and what made you want to buy it?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

I've never heard of this LDTT rubber you purchased. What is it and what made you want to buy it?

I was ordering from Saletabletennis and they had this new rubber on the website. Decided to to give it a try since the website claims it was something like h3/used by some korean team players and i wanted to try another chinese sticky rubber with blue sponge. Trying to see if something new will be better than h3. I am boosting the LDTT rubber right now with seamoon and hoping to try it on my stiga cc or hybrid wood. Always in search for the right combination that will never end
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
bobloiy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobloiy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:25am
I wonder, when you EJs buy all this equipment, do you actually use it? I can't imagine changing blades and rubbers that often.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

I was ordering from Saletabletennis and they had this new rubber on the website. Decided to to give it a try since the website claims it was something like h3/used by some korean team players and i wanted to try another chinese sticky rubber with blue sponge. Trying to see if something new will be better than h3. I am boosting the LDTT rubber right now with seamoon and hoping to try it on my stiga cc or hybrid wood. Always in search for the right combination that will never end

Interesting, I just read the description. I hope you're aware that you are almost required to give us a review of such an uncommon rubber right?Wink
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:30am

Interesting, I just read the description. I hope you're aware that you are almost required to give us a review of such an uncommon rubber right?Wink

I will have a training session with my coach this weekend. Will let you know how the rubber feels on Monday or Tuesday.
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:53am
That rubber is from a new start-up named Lidu(力度, or strength in English) that was established in 2011. The first product brought to the market was a speed glue(yea, many people still glue in China).  It is claimed their technical consultants come from Tsinghua University and Beijing University of Technology.

The rubber in question(EA777) is said to be a high-end tacky/grippy hybrid with porous sponge that is claimed to have adopted German technology.  Available in two hardnesses - hard and medium, for FH and BH use, respectively.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:53am
Some advice for your backpain. Weighted core exercise that hit all your muscles, back, front, obliques, turn rotation, deadlifts. Keep increasing the weight, until you get that ooooowwyeah feeling. That means your back muscles are waking up from the retardation and rebuilding. This is common knowledge, but people seem to forget because of pills and massages. Don't recommend pills and massages, they are temporary relief. Like snorting coke when you feel sad, only makes you more sad the next day, you didn't solve the problem.
If you've ever had physical rehabilitation from an injury, it's all about weighted movements. Rebuilding a solid structure. Muscles degenerate and die when not in use, so hit those weights my friend. But make sure you tighten/activate your back when you lift, don't be swinging wildly, use good technique, or you'll snap something.  
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 8:52am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

oh my... good luck with all this. I'll try to keep repressing the EJ disease over here.

There is no cure for this EJ disease, we all will succumb to this dastardly disease sooner or later...Tongue
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:02am

There is no cure for this EJ disease, we all will succumb to this dastardly disease sooner or later...Tongue

For me, i found a blade and rubber set I'm comfortable with. but my EJ disease has to be fulfilled still by purchasing collectable blades Cry

Click the picture for feedback ^
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:07am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Some advice for your backpain. Weighted core exercise that hit all your muscles, back, front, obliques, turn rotation, deadlifts. Keep increasing the weight, until you get that ooooowwyeah feeling. That means your back muscles are waking up from the retardation and rebuilding. This is common knowledge, but people seem to forget because of pills and massages. Don't recommend pills and massages, they are temporary relief. Like snorting coke when you feel sad, only makes you more sad the next day, you didn't solve the problem.
If you've ever had physical rehabilitation from an injury, it's all about weighted movements. Rebuilding a solid structure. Muscles degenerate and die when not in use, so hit those weights my friend. But make sure you tighten/activate your back when you lift, don't be swinging wildly, use good technique, or you'll snap something.  

Thanks popperlocker for the advice and I really do appreciate it. I was doing the massage and celebrex pill thing for the last 2 to 3 years...It was going all downhill and no end in sight. Just like you said the muscles were getting weaker and would spasm every couple of months. Then all of the sudden last summer when i was going through my basement and found my old TT gear and tracksuit. Since then i have started my 3rd comeback and back for good. I have also purchased a Teeter inversion table and do situps and stretches while inverted. This has helped build up my core little by little. I have also lost about 20lbs overall and that helps too. I have not had a spasm since the comeback and the only time i had a issue is when i slipped on a concrete floor while doing a pirouette motion onto a nearby chair while playing TT...(Not gonna go too hard on concrete floors anymore) Now i am hoping to go to my first tourney in April. Everything is brighter with TT in my Life SmileSmileSmile and i like sharing my TT experience on this forum. Thanks and keep the replies coming.

Any advice on stiff necks and shoulders???Big smileBig smileBig smile
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:13am

For me, i found a blade and rubber set I'm comfortable with. but my EJ disease has to be fulfilled still by purchasing collectable blades Cry

Isnt this how the collection starts, trying to find the right setup. Then you see something new and supposedly better. Or you see something from your early TT days and would like to have something in your man cave/wall. There is no end is sight.....LOLLOLLOLLOL
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 10:29am

Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Thanks popperlocker for the advice and I really do appreciate it. I was doing the massage and celebrex pill thing for the last 2 to 3 years...It was going all downhill and no end in sight. Just like you said the muscles were getting weaker and would spasm every couple of months. Then all of the sudden last summer when i was going through my basement and found my old TT gear and tracksuit. Since then i have started my 3rd comeback and back for good. I have also purchased a Teeter inversion table and do situps and stretches while inverted. This has helped build up my core little by little. I have also lost about 20lbs overall and that helps too. I have not had a spasm since the comeback and the only time i had a issue is when i slipped on a concrete floor while doing a pirouette motion onto a nearby chair while playing TT...(Not gonna go too hard on concrete floors anymore) Now i am hoping to go to my first tourney in April. Everything is brighter with TT in my Life SmileSmileSmile and i like sharing my TT experience on this forum. Thanks and keep the replies coming.

Any advice on stiff necks and shoulders???Big smileBig smileBig smile
Inversion tables are great, hopefully you are strapping in the opposite way to work out the back. Most people only work out the front/abs, which do nothing for the back. Weights make a huge difference, put dumbbells or bag of flour next to your inversion table for you to use when you're upside down, to give you that ooooowwyeah feeling. When I get muscle injuries or spasms, the only way to fix it, is targeting it with heavy weights. You feel great instantly, seriously. Try some weighted back curls, your back will feel great instantly. In one day you could be cured.
Neck and shoulder same thing use weights, dumbbell shrugs in all directions and try this.

Edited by popperlocker - 03/06/2015 at 10:49am
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 10:49am
Good to hear someone will be trying LDTT. It is available in 3 hardness, hard, medium and soft. I am using hard-FH and soft-BH for the pass 6 months. The blue sponge is pretty hardy and the pink sponge is quite brittle. Must take care will removing the rubber from the blade.

Should use it without booster initially and definitely no for speed glue. It can cause bubbles between the rubber n sponge and also the sponge to breakoff faster.

LIDU booster is better than Seamoon. It doesn't leave behind the sticky residue on the sponge.

The owner of LIDU is an ex-Haifu guy.
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by atomant atomant wrote:

Good to hear someone will be trying LDTT. It is available in 3 hardness, hard, medium and soft. I am using hard-FH and soft-BH for the pass 6 months. The blue sponge is pretty hardy and the pink sponge is quite brittle. Must take care will removing the rubber from the blade.

Should use it without booster initially and definitely no for speed glue. It can cause bubbles between the rubber n sponge and also the sponge to breakoff faster.

LIDU booster is better than Seamoon. It doesn't leave behind the sticky residue on the sponge.

The owner of LIDU is an ex-Haifu guy.

It's better than Seamoon because LIDU doesn't leave behind sticky residue? Other than that, they're the same?
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 12:22pm
It seems that you like Stiga blades. Doesn´t it?Big smile
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 1:31pm
It is different. Better n cleaner but I dislike the quality of the cap.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

It seems that you like Stiga blades. Doesn´t it?Big smile

My Coach has a Stiga clipper, H3 neo and stiga clippa short pips setup. Just mirroring his setup and just trying out some stiga blades that may have a more harder or crispy feeling. My coaches Clipper blade is a lot more crispy.Big smile

My previous setup was Adidas strike carbon blade, Adidas tenzone ultra and Adidas spin blaze.

I still love the hardness of the Strike carbon, the clipper cr i am playing with is not as hard and crispy.

The search continues.....LOLLOLLOL

Live long and prosper
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic