Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Neo Provincial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Neo Provincial
    Posted: 11/07/2009 at 11:18pm
Sponsored Links

EL-Salvador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EL-Salvador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2009 at 1:55pm
Can you review it?
Hurricane King 656
FH:Hurricane 3 Neo 40 2.2 Black
BH:Genius 2.0 Red
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2009 at 4:16pm
or u know...tell me where you got that. 
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2009 at 10:11pm
I'm too busy to try it now... flying all over the world for work...

I got it from my friend... very limited stock... so if u interested let me know
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by EL-Salvador EL-Salvador wrote:

Can you review it?

I bought 2 from therubberman.  They are very similar to H3 Provincial; however, it's softer and a little bit faster.  Over all, it's better than H3 Provincial all around.  Worth to try.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 9:49pm
CharlesJ please clear your inbox. It keeps telling me it is full when I try to PM you.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Originally posted by EL-Salvador EL-Salvador wrote:

Can you review it?

I bought 2 from therubberman.  They are very similar to H3 Provincial; however, it's softer and a little bit faster.  Over all, it's better than H3 Provincial all around.  Worth to try.
Speedy, what thickness and hardness did you try?
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

It's 2.10mm and 38 degrees.  It's really good for close to the table attacking game.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

It's 2.10mm and 38 degrees.  It's really good for close to the table attacking game.
The commercial version does not have 38 degree hardness. I have played with commercial version 39 degree. It is pretty good for close to the table attacking game as well.
Have you tried the commercial version? I just wonder what is the difference between the commercial and provincial?
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 10:29pm

The commercial version does not have 38 degree hardness. I have played with commercial version 39 degree. It is pretty good for close to the table attacking game as well.
Have you tried the commercial version? I just wonder what is the difference between the commercial and provincial?

Yes, I have tried the commercial version.  I still prefer the Provincial version.  It seems like the topsheet looks better (just my opinion).
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
ttbruin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttbruin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 3:07am
commercial vs provincial is like night and day
TBS ST
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 3:47am
What about the national version? are they hard to come by?
saran_k19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saran_k19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 9:19am
What's the difference between Provincial and Comercial?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 2:35pm
Speedy, you're back to using Maze and Hammond Pro Alpha.  Got tired of the T5000? You're not gluing again, are you? Smile
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by ttbruin ttbruin wrote:

commercial vs provincial is like night and day

Would you care to elaborate a little more, pls?

ttbruin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttbruin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2009 at 3:24am
first of all, the quality of the rubber is different. The provincial rubber is less tacky than the commercial and of a higher quality. On some of the shots with the commercial, you lose the feel of the shot which is essential when making the shots you want to. The provincial rubber also grips the ball better than the commercial.  
TBS ST
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2009 at 6:01am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

CharlesJ please clear your inbox. It keeps telling me it is full when I try to PM you.

ok cleared my inbox! Thanks for informing

Sorry... have been busy lately so didnt check my mail
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2009 at 10:58am

first of all, the quality of the rubber is different. The provincial rubber is less tacky than the commercial and of a higher quality. On some of the shots with the commercial, you lose the feel of the shot which is essential when making the shots you want to. The provincial rubber also grips the ball better than the commercial.  

Thanks for the info.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 12:30am
and how much are the provincial sheets running if commercial is 26 bucks
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

and how much are the provincial sheets running if commercial is 26 bucks

I believe my source said ~$40.
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 12:58am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Speedy, you're back to using Maze and Hammond Pro Alpha.  Got tired of the T5000? You're not gluing again, are you? Smile

Oh... you know me... I switch blades like crazy... just to have fun... will go back to T5000 a month before the tournament... LOL
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:00am

40 bucks is heavy for chinese rubber.

ttbruin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttbruin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:02am
if you love the h3, the price is well worth it. I mean tenergy and other tensor rubbers run 45+ so why not pay about 40 dollars for a great rubber.
TBS ST
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:31am
Well, to me H3, no matter what quality level (commercial, provincial, national) is very inconsistent in terms of quality. If I'm going to pay 40 dollars for a sheet of rubber, I might as well get one that WILL be the same every time. I love chinese rubber, and it doesn't honestly matter that much to me, but idealistically what i'm saying holds validity.

I'll stick to speedgluing the old H3 pro, and then worry about this when I play sanctioned. Especially if its 40 bucks.  
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:37am

Well, to me H3, no matter what quality level (commercial, provincial, national) is very inconsistent in terms of quality. If I'm going to pay 40 dollars for a sheet of rubber, I might as well get one that WILL be the same every time. I love chinese rubber, and it doesn't honestly matter that much to me, but idealistically what i'm saying holds validity.

I'll stick to speedgluing the old H3 pro, and then worry about this when I play sanctioned. Especially if its 40 bucks.  
The commercial version is ~$20. It is a reasonable price for the great rubber. I don't know what is the difference between provincial and comercial yet. But I am happy with the commercial version now.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:44am

I spoke to my guy a few days ago, so he might've said $35... I can't remember (which is why I said ~$40). Either way, $5 isn't that far from $40 and if you're happy with the commercial why not stick with it ($25).
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:51am
One thing you can do is buy H3 Commercial on ebay (about $13 apiece). Buy three of them. One of them is bound to be good. And then tune the crap out of it.

$39 (a dollar cheaper than Provincial!) and equal if not better performance in a package that is "legal".

jk. sort of.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 1:59am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

One thing you can do is buy H3 Commercial on ebay (about $13 apiece). Buy three of them. One of them is bound to be good. And then tune the crap out of it.

$39 (a dollar cheaper than Provincial!) and equal if not better performance in a package that is "legal".

jk. sort of.
HaHaHa.
It seems that you haven't tried NEO H3. NEO H3 is completely different than old H3. It is more lively like european rubber. So for people who does not like chinese rubber (because the weight, the dead feel of chinese rubber), they could play NEO H3 and get the same tackiness as old H3.
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 7:32am

first of all, the quality of the rubber is different. The provincial rubber is less tacky than the commercial and of a higher quality. On some of the shots with the commercial, you lose the feel of the shot which is essential when making the shots you want to. The provincial rubber also grips the ball better than the commercial. �

Looks like playing with it a few times pulled you to the provincial side eh ttbruin? Anton, ttbruin and I are local, and he was playing with H3NEO commercial this entire time. I had recently slapped on a H3 NEO Provincial (teams) which was the $40 I was referring to. The H3 NEO Provincial (commercialized) $35 I don't sell yet because I've always gotten my specialty products direct from the teams. But here's a picture difference for you all to show you what I mean between the two:

Picture below is the H3 NEO Provincial (teams version)
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2009 at 8:05am
Speedy

I've put 2.15mm H3 Neo commercial on the Nexy Oscar and I agree, it is very good for the close to the table attacking game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic