FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Xiom Rubbers! Omega 7 China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Xiom Rubbers! Omega 7 China
    Posted: 04/06/2020 at 7:08am
Check more pics on my instagram account - instagram.com/yogibabytt

New rubbers from Xiom that are slightly tacky. Although they are labelled as China, they are not as sticky as Vega China. They have very hard sponges - Ying at 60 degrees and Guang at 55 degrees.

Xiom Omega 7 China - Guang

Xiom Omega 7 China - Ying

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 12:39pm
Be careful not to drop Ying, you might break your toe.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 7:24pm
"Hey bro, can I borrow your 4 HP circular saw for cutting my new rubber?" 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 8:32pm
Xiom is a Korean company that makes their rubbers in Germany. It is labeled "China" because of the semi-tacky topsheet. The same applies to their rubber Vega China which has been available for years
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2020 at 2:34am
their rubbers are made by ESN in Germany. It has China labels to denote playing characteristics like a chinese rubber but has the speed of Euro rubbers. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2020 at 2:35am
Originally posted by mischasln mischasln wrote:

"Hey bro, can I borrow your 4 HP circular saw for cutting my new rubber?" 

You need a diamond-tipped saw. 

p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2020 at 10:22pm
Hi yogi, may I ask how Xiom O7C compared with other high-grip type of ESN rubbers such as Joola Golden Tango, Tibhar K1/K2, Xiom Vega China, Victas 401?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2020 at 11:24am
not tested yet but the topsheet of the O7C is less tacky than Golden Tango or Vega China. You cannot really consider it as having Hurricane-like tack but it has this slight tackiness that you can stick a non-adhesive plastic to it. Also, i think it has the characteristics of Dignics 09c and this is their flagship rubber now to compete against that butterfly rubber. 

p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2020 at 10:02pm
Thanks, yogi. It doesn't seem to me O7C is designed to compete with Golden Tango or K1/K2. I'm still waiting for Tau 2 to arrive   
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 1:15am
Originally posted by p3v56yahoocom p3v56yahoocom wrote:

Thanks, yogi. It doesn't seem to me O7C is designed to compete with Golden Tango or K1/K2. I'm still waiting for Tau 2 to arrive   

I think it is meant to compete with them though. So it's a bit less tacky, so what? That probably means it's pretty fast. This rubber is obviously designed to compete with D09C and these recent semi tacky rubbers from other companies are also in competition with D09C.

Also, just a prediction but I wouldn't hold my breath for Tau 2. I get the impression it will never see the light of day. Even more so now with this new offering.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 8:36am
tau 2 is really meant as a Hurricane 3 like rubber but faster. Actually, i have been hooked to Tau 2 for the past 2 months as it has a really good performance in the forehand. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 04/12/2020 at 8:36am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

tau 2 is really meant as a Hurricane 3 like rubber but faster. Actually, i have been hooked to Tau 2 for the past 2 months as it has a really good performance in the forehand. 

I stand corrected with regards to Tau 2 then
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 4:45pm
where can I order O7 China?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 10:28pm
These new rubbers are not yet in the market but will be released globally. 

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2020 at 12:18pm
thank you
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2020 at 1:00pm
For those who don't know Chinese..."GUANG光" means light, "YING影" means shadow.
Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2020 at 7:05am
I love these types of rubbers. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Particularly with how they compare to Tau I and II...
Grab my game-changing new book and to your game to the next level!
CpenTwiddle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CpenTwiddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 3:58am
Hi Yogi,

Is the sponge for the Ying the same as the Hyper Hard?

Is the sponge for the Guang the same as the Hyper?

Are the topsheets for the Ying and Guang the same?

Sorry about all the questions but I've been eager about information on them since I was the Xiom Tweets.

Thanks.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by CpenTwiddle CpenTwiddle wrote:

Hi Yogi,

Is the sponge for the Ying the same as the Hyper Hard?

Is the sponge for the Guang the same as the Hyper?

Are the topsheets for the Ying and Guang the same?

Sorry about all the questions but I've been eager about information on them since I was the Xiom Tweets.

Thanks.

Yes is the same with Hyper. Check out tge pics of the sponge in my instagram account - yogibabytt

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CpenTwiddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 7:28am
Thanks Yogi.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CpenTwiddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2020 at 9:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic