Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Team Tournament 6/25-6/27 - 888 Table Tennis in CA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Tournament 6/25-6/27 - 888 Table Tennis in CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
888 Table Tennis Cen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888 Table Tennis Cen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team Tournament 6/25-6/27 - 888 Table Tennis in CA
    Posted: 05/18/2021 at 5:41am
Great Team Tournament coming up at the end of June in the Bay Area

Sign up for our Grand Opening Tournament from June 25th -27th at the brand new 888 Table Tennis Center in Burlingame/CA.
Please see link https://888ttc.com/tournaments/ for details.

• USATT Four-Star sanctioned event!
  • Over $25,000 prize money!
  • ITTF-level playing conditions for all
  • Team format with finals in all divisions!

You can also combine it with intensive training sessions by joining the 888 TTC Summer Program, see https://888ttc.com/ttc-summer-camps/

Edited by 888 Table Tennis Cen - 05/18/2021 at 5:43am
Jörg Bitzigeio
Director 888 Table Tennis
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2021 at 11:14am
It looks like it will be a great tournament in a great new facility.  I will be there along with forum members B-H Man and mjamja.  
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2021 at 11:17am
I’ll be there. Big smile
Photino /TBS Black Tag: D05 (FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2021 at 12:05am
jt, what team you on? Our Team might be in your division. We are mid 2000s average.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
888 Table Tennis Cen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888 Table Tennis Cen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 3:05am
Revised entry deadline and revised competition schedule!!!

Sign up till latest 18th June for our Grand Opening Team Tournament from June 25th -27th at our brand new International 888 Table Tennis Center in Burlingame/CA.
Please see https://888ttc.com/tournaments/ for details and use https://888ttc.com/team-finder/ to find teammates if needed.

• USATT Four-Star sanctioned event with more than 25 tables
  • Over $25,000 prize money!
  • ITTF-level playing conditions on 30,000 square feet 30,000 square feet
  • Team format
  • US Olympic Team and international top players attend

Jörg Bitzigeio
Director 888 Table Tennis
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 7:14am
I am looking to form a few more teams, have a few players, 1600+ and 1900 to get on teams... was so close to getting a couple more teams together, but life happened. I need a few more players to indicate they want this tourney. 

I am buying Blue Tibhar uniforms for the teams of my friends/enemy opponent friends and lettering them the week with player names and team name before the tourney. I have enough on hand for a team, will get more if we can form another.

I want to see ALL KINDS of TT friends and FRIENDIMIES playing in this tourney, it is gunna be an absolute blast.

If you are way out of town, and get on one of my teams, and are worried about getting to venue or where to stay without spending biug bucks, I have a car and an airBnB whole apartment 3 of us are using, I am sleeping on floor, so there will be couch space if you want to play and save some money.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 2:07am
Ladies and gentlemen -

I have been helping 888 TTC organize a few things with this tournament (was just there installing the gorgeous Enlio ITTF flooring and putting together tables)...Although I am not on the tournament committee, I have been doing some back-end administrative work to support them.

Wanted to let everyone know:
- The entry deadline has been extended until June 18
- The tournament will now start with the play-in round on Friday night at 6pm (instead of 9am), meaning if you have to work or have other commitments during the day on Friday, you can (hopefully) now work around that. We heard from a fairly large number of people the full day Friday was an issue, so Ed and Yelena re-worked the schedule.
- If you are around during the day on Friday, the facility will be open for practice and open play at Noon. There is no charge for players entered into the tournament.
- To accommodate the change, the maximum number of teams was reduced from 80 to 50. 
- As a result, the division format has changed from 5 divisions of 16 teams (2 groups of 8 in each division with a crossover finals) to 5 divisions of 10 teams, meaning you will now play 9 rounds instead of 7.

The facility is stunning. Every table will have ITTF flooring with wooden sub-floors. The lighting is incredible - 1000 lux, evenly distributed throughout the facility - literally no dead spots. Brand new tables. Stunning.

For those of you who have registered and have not yet received an email about the changes above, I apologize - the flooring and table install had to take priority. You should receive an email in the next day or so.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Edited by Gordy - 06/10/2021 at 2:08am
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 2:52am
I'll be there along with mjamja and BH Man.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 4:34am
Causing much trouble and making friends. Doesn't get any better.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 4:37am
Gordy too diplomatic about the emailing... the admin section very upfront about proposed change that is now final, every captain was informed ahead of time... if they opened their email.

This tourney is gunna shape up to be a real fun one with all kinds of matches and battles. Most of the TTers want many matches and strong competition... some others want to to see world class pros go at it... there is that too.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 8:23pm
I was at the tournament site today, they had five tables up with coach Maggie and some juniors. Great space and lighting. 

Photino /TBS Black Tag: D05 (FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 6:41am
Hi,

Another Xiom club!

Thanks for the great photos!

Thanks.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 06/11/2021 at 6:42am
"Pierre Curie's greatest discovery was Marie Sklodowski." Frederick Soddy
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2021 at 6:36am
I had already procured some Blue Tibhar uniforms for my team (and offered them to my friends teams) but Nexy just came out with the TIGER jersey and I made a huge order. SHould have them in time to letter them for my team and have a few with me at the tourney.

Think of the old Korean Natl team jersey, this graphic is similar - great jersey. A shame to letter the frony and obscure that nice looking Tiger, so everything goes on the back.

Sergey Tsvor
    USA
Topspin Nexy

or something like that on back. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2021 at 3:37pm
I see a team has brought on Adam Bobrow into the mix for this tourney.

sufesh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sufesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 1:26pm
What is a modified Swaythiling Cup format with only 7 singles ?

ITTF Handbook only describes 6 singles & 1 doubles format

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:51am
Suppose we will get to hear that come Captains' meeting this Friday evening... but I would guess the "Modification" is NOT having a doubles match and just 7 singles matches with A-B-C X-Y-Z players where one player is slated to play 3 matches of the team vs team matchup goes to the full 7 matches. You win the team vs team matchup if your team wins 4 matches.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic