26 [6.91%]
23 [6.12%]
5 [1.33%]
2 [0.53%]
4 [1.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
riat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2005 at 11:33am
Originally posted by rocket_luc15 rocket_luc15 wrote:

When Ma Lin does LooP, he's the best

Yes he`s good, but I think the best is Kreanga,he has very powerfull loop.Ma Lin very fast but not so powerfull as a Kreanga.
Sponsored Links

Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2005 at 8:02pm
the fastest and more powerfull loop= kim taek soo
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Blade: Galaxy T4
FH: Globe 999
BH: Butterfly Cermet I'm not re-gluing anymore
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 3:23am
Wang Liqin and Kreanga no doubt
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 9:00am
Ma Lins FH is one of the best ever... Kreangas fh isnt the best... he is a bh player... But he is awesome anyway!!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 10:18am

There is quite a few contestants for best forehand loop.

Ma Lin, Wang Liqin, Chen Qi, Kong Linghui, Kim Taek Soo, Guo Yuehua, Wang Tao, Ryu Seung Min, Cai Zhenhua, Liu Guoliang (loops with both surfaces), Chiang Peng Lung...

Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 12:56pm
kong and malin
royv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 3:04pm

1. wang Liqin

2. Waldner

3. Kong linghui

Frame: Threeball Balsa Carbon (strait handle)
FH: Andro Revolution C.O.R 2.0 (red)
BH: Donic Quattro 1.8 (black)
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 7:09pm

for best loop, I think its most spin, power, consistency and ability to use it(how much a player can use it)

I don't see that in many player

khaleel12686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khaleel12686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 8:03pm
Wang Liqin's or Ma Lin's are the best right now because they are extremely powerful, spinny, consistent, and they vary them a lot. Chen Qi and Hao Shuai have great power and low trajectory, but not very consistent. Their loops are not stable enough. Liu Guozheng should be on the list. He has an amazing loop. He can counterloop as good as anyone. Kong's is definitely one of the greatest of all time and his loop was amazing. Lots of spin and variation.
Khaleel
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2005 at 9:02pm
jonyer and klampar
clipper
magna
hammond
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2005 at 3:56pm
Tamara Boros
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2005 at 8:05pm
superman
clipper
magna
hammond
riat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2005 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by checkmilu checkmilu wrote:

Originally posted by hristo hristo wrote:

OOOOH Kreanga do also great loops from both wings

<FONT color=blue size=3>Sorry dear, Kreanga just has " Strong loop", not "Best loop". As the criteria for best loop is not just strong but also variety of spin, spot, align with tactics and so on. So that Wangliqin is no doubt the best looper right now: he can do the slow-control loop very accurate with a great deal of different amount of spin in it; also his speed and power is unquestionable; above all, his loops are always be planned and congruent with his strategy and tactics. Don't you think?

Absolutely agree!!!!!!!
the_champ View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2005 at 5:36am
my favorite is Kong Linghui
MilkyWay T-8
Earth
Pluto
albertlin04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2005 at 1:14am
they have analyzed wang liqins fh loopdrive and say its almost impossible to simulate even on a computer. he utilizes every aspect of his body for most power. i define power in table tennis terms as a combination of spin and speed that directly affect each other...more spin means less speed...more speed means less spin. He combines to just the right degree for max power.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2005 at 3:21am

Wang Liqin's forehand counter-loop-drive is the most highly developed in the world, at least for shakehanders. However, of everyone I have seen the person with the strongest loop against backspin by far is Kong Linghui.

After seeing the U-17 challenge match between Song Sichao and Liu Yi its clear that the coaches are further developing the mechanics of the forehand, more so than I had previously thought. The power both of them are able to get at such a young age is simply amazing. Combining the forehand techniques of Kong Linghui and Wang Liqin they get maximum spin and speed against backspin and incredible power against topspin.

Seeing the shakehanders' forehands power increase so much over just a period of ten years I can not wait to see how the penholders' forehands turn out like.

Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Tarsier View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarsier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2005 at 11:29am

Kong Linhui for his FH, especially when against choppers. Did u guys see choppers picking ball up all the time facing Kong? I vote Malong for the second.

For BH, it is clearly Kreanga.

Stiga Energy Wood WRB
FH: Ritc 729 Higher Max.
BH: Stiga Almana Sound Max.
Tarsier View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarsier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2005 at 11:32am

If you count the retired ones, I vote for Wang Tao. He has the lethal FH.

Stiga Energy Wood WRB
FH: Ritc 729 Higher Max.
BH: Stiga Almana Sound Max.
Sir Loop Alot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Loop Alot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2005 at 3:56pm
Of the people on the list I think Wang Liqin has th best loop and Timo Boll has the best form.  Otherwise it's Waldner.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2005 at 1:46am
Uh... Timo Boll has many flaws in his technique. The first one is that his grip is pretty much useless for backhand (he changes grips for backhand loop), the second is that he virutally has no arm snap, the third is that his elbow is constantly stuck to his body (hard to loop down the line, compounded by his leftyness).
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2005 at 11:19pm
wang has the best FH loop, no question
kong's FH is very compact, yet has tremendous power, but it doesn't look as good as wangs nor as powerful

waldner in his prime had the best Fh in the world, however due to hit drop in fitness etc., even in his prime though modern FH's are a lot more powerful,

f we are talking about variation i think boll and him are the best

kim taek su has probably the most power off 3rd ball attacks i've seen, he had an amazing Fh whilst he was playing

for BH
waldner, wang's BH was actually derived from waldners and is essentially a slightly modified copy, samsonov's is very good, kreanga's is the most powerful
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2005 at 11:20pm
ma long's is very good, perhaps the best
sverige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sverige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2006 at 6:08pm
1.Alexei smirnov

2.wang liqin

3.Werner schlager
Donic J-O Waldner Carbon Senso
Donic J-O Waldner red 2,3(bh)
DHS Hurricane 3 black 2,2(fh)
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2006 at 7:16pm

Patrick Birocheau from France in the seventies had the most powerful loopkill I've ever seen, no glue, no nothing, been told he's been forced by his coach to swap from 1.5mm to 2.0mm...Lupulescu was also very impressive (ex double partner of Primorac). Now, I can't say. Let us compare what is comparable. With glue or without glue. I'd like to see Chen qi looping with an allround wood blade and 1.5mm sriver and I'll tell you whether he beats Birocheau's.

Vive la France !

Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2006 at 8:40pm

what do you mean by best loop?

i voted for chen qi because i like his off the bounce style. but what is the best loop, i say: waldner has the best control loop, saive has the best spin loop, and io think schlager has the most powerful loop, and chen qi has the fastest loop (that is, taking the ball off the bounce)

fhlooper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 1:00am
Kong Linghui for backhand loop...the entire Chiense National team bases their bh loop off of Kong's. Small stroke, quick, very fast, kicks out at you, simple, effective, consistent. WLQ loop is not the best...don't jump on the WLQ bandwagon. KLH has the best loop IMO.
Butterfly Zhang Yining
Hurricane III National 2.2 FH
Butterfly Sriver G2 1.9 BH
DatSuKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatSuKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 1:24am
No one mention's Wang Hao's bh loop?

Kim Taek Soo? all I've seen him do is either flip or push havent seen him loop much..anyone have a Kim Taek Soo vid showing his loop?

Wang Hao's bh loop is lethal his forehand isn't so good, so I'm currently developing Timo Boll compact fh style. His short movements are nice, I hit way better than overmoving my arm.
Hard work and self-determination will surpass talent.

Blade-Homemade BirchBalsaBullet (3B JSX)
FH - DHS G666
BH - LKT PRO XT
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 1:48am
Originally posted by DatSuKid DatSuKid wrote:

No one mention's Wang Hao's bh loop?

Kim Taek Soo? all I've seen him do is either flip or push havent seen him loop much..anyone have a Kim Taek Soo vid showing his loop?

Wang Hao's bh loop is lethal his forehand isn't so good, so I'm currently developing Timo Boll compact fh style. His short movements are nice, I hit way better than overmoving my arm.

if we talk about "best loop" i understand as the hardest to block ,not taliking about spinny or fast. kong is the chopper's nighmare in germany i ve seen that chen weixing found no way to chop kong's loop, kong has awide range of looping. a lot of times a good loop turn out a nightmare as ryu when he gets bloked he can handle the return so a good bloker can return a fast loop faster than the incoming speed turning the block in a offensive tool, thats the reason bloker are always the best style to go to become a world champion. i recall a time when schlagger served a long ball forcing ryu to fast to fast loop then shclager bloked ryu's loop and the ball went fast as if schalgger would have looped back..
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 2:04am
Originally posted by yulske yulske wrote:

chen qi and wang liqin, when they hit forehands...they just go past you

kong linghui'practice partner has the wildest loop, his name zhang yong, this guy crushed chiang peng lung in china with his nuclear tipped loop, zhang held the nationa tittle in 1996 with his attacking, he s known to win over 50% of the matches to kong and liu, i have doing some math watching his match looping at 220kmph, he was the only player to absolutely crush liu gl with his massive spining, i can bet my money to this guy and i m pretty sure that i ll win. ask any coach with some deep knowledge of chinese team and will tell you that zhang yong was known as mr attack!!
packtim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 6:47am

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by yulske yulske wrote:

chen qi and wang liqin, when they hit forehands...they just go past you

kong linghui'practice partner has the wildest loop, his name zhang yong, this guy crushed chiang peng lung in china with his nuclear tipped loop, zhang held the nationa tittle in 1996 with his attacking, he s known to win over 50% of the matches to kong and liu, i have doing some math watching his match looping at 220kmph, he was the only player to absolutely crush liu gl with his massive spining, i can bet my money to this guy and i m pretty sure that i ll win. ask any coach with some deep knowledge of chinese team and will tell you that zhang yong was known as mr attack!!

220km/hr?!? thats 140mph, and pretty quick!

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon AN
Donic Desto F3BigSlam Max FH
LKT Rapid Speed 2.2 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic