FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The worst >$40 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The worst >$40 rubber
    Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:03pm
What is the worst $40 (and more) rubber you played in the last year following the speed glue ban?
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:15pm
Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:22pm
Mark V HPS Soft.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:23pm
coppa speed.....
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:35pm
Can you guys elaborate as well on why they were thd worst?
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 5:42pm
sriver G2 FX. most extra....ordinary rubber. Nothing special at all.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 6:02pm
Andro Hexer,

No durability, felt inconsistent to play with as there where no bounciness in the short game, but the rubber became bouncy when you hit harder and I never knew if the rubber would be bouncy or not. This was probably more due to me then the rubber, but this is why I didn't like it.
The holy grail
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 6:48pm
Solcion from Butterfly,Bryce FX.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

They both are AWESOME backhand rubbers, well suited for RPB.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 7:40pm
I could see why ANY of these rubbers would work well for some and not others. But post glue era, I'd have to say Bryce hands down. It doesn't give you good control, its spin is just terrible, and my sheet of Hurricane is faster than it is. And it is low throw. And no, it blocks terribly, nor can you counterdrive with it.  Quite frankly I'd take a sheet of Sriver over Bryce any day of the week.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 8:10pm
Coppa Speed. No speed glue feel or sound. It plays almost like an old generation rubber without glue.

I think this rubber needs to be heavily boosted to shine.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by bumpernets19 bumpernets19 wrote:

sriver G2 FX. most extra....ordinary rubber. Nothing special at all.

Haven't tried FX, but Sriver G2 is the rubber that time forgot. Way overpriced. Might be worth $32 back in the speed glue days.

shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 8:25pm
Butterfly Sriver G3's.

(I actually like the G2 FX a lot, but the IQUL works just as well.)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 9:08pm
H3 "Provincial" "Factory Tuned"

Bogus rubber. $45 shipped. Was fake H3 topsheet on a hand tuned sponge.

Tuning effect was unremarkable. Rubber was squirrely.

Was able to copy it using parts from Pre-Sports and I did a better job than the hack who made it and the reseller who ripped me off. 
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 1:10am
Yasaka Pryde 30 2.0 - the only thing it does effectively is vertical bounce with an open hand. Most terrible sound when you hit and no power at all. If you have a 5-year kid trying to play tennis, this is the rubber for her.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I am sorry,but the question asks " What is the worst $40 (and more) rubber you played in the last year following the speed glue ban?"
I named these 2 for a reason,because I played with them and found these 2 not well performing and overly priced.
You may wish to name the rubbers YOU think are the worse than these 2.
Be right back...
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:22am

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I am sorry,but the question asks " What is the worst $40 (and more) rubber you played in the last year following the speed glue ban?"
I named these 2 for a reason,because I played with them and found these 2 not well performing and overly priced.
You may wish to name the rubbers YOU think are the worse than these 2.

I'm just telling you, just incase you tried them on FH or something

For me the only rubber I disliked was Neo H3 and H3 prov.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:30am
Holda is lucky not to havе bought some really bad rubber. Solcion is probably less than expected but not bad at all. Put it on some superfast blade and it will create wonders.

Still, there is a tendency in our dislikes - rubbers softer than 32 degrees are more often bad than good.

I have bad presentiments about T05 FX...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:31am
Omega III Tensor Bios. Not enough spin, not fast either, a bit soft. Roxon 500 is much better than it.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:42am
Nittaku H3 Pro III, the hardest and slowest rubber I've tried. SLow, slower than DHS H3 Commercial. Only abit tackier than DHS H3 commercial.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Holda is lucky not to havе bought some really bad rubber. Solcion is probably less than expected but not bad at all. Put it on some superfast blade and it will create wonders.Still, there is a tendency in our dislikes - rubbers softer than 32 degrees are more often bad than good.I have bad presentiments about T05 FX...
I didn't mean to be harsh or anything.I guess I have bad luck with some Butterfly rubbers.I haven't touched
Tenergy,Spin Art,etc for the reason these rubbers cost way too much.Plus,as I recently learnt all these rubbers are not the same as those given to pro-players.I do,however see some players do very well with other less expensive equipment because they have the technique/experience.There was a club in Atlanta which many Asian guys would come to play tt.They weren't spending 40+$ per rubber,but they were beasts kicking butt left and right with some chinese made sheets speed glued to all wood Stigas/Yasakas.The club has dissolved and I don't see many of those guys anymore.
Be right back...
hybermat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybermat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 5:09am

neo h3: sloooooow, not enough spin on topspins

it's good for training maybe, you have to work harder
TPS Break 9
bh: Donic F3 2.0
fh: Donic F3 2.0
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 7:42am
Originally posted by hybermat hybermat wrote:

neo h3: sloooooow, not enough spin on topspins

it's good for training maybe, you have to work harder

Welcome to Earth, creature from other universe. We are extremely sorry to charge over 40$ apiece for a H3 neo which is around 20$ here. Also we apologize and have no idea how a H3 neo rubber, which creates monstrous spin on loops doesn't create spin in your universe.LOLLOL
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 12:29pm

regardless neo or not, chinese rubber are still meant to be speedglue

or tuned..

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

Butterfly Sriver G3's.

(I actually like the G2 FX a lot, but the IQUL works just as well.)

haha, I like G3 way better than G2, but they are both overpriced in the US. G2 is overpriced everywhere.

G3 FX is a very good rubber but the throw angle is too high for my bh.

My big problem with G2 compared to other BTY rubbers is that the topsheet will lose its grip very fast, and then its just too bouncy with hardly any spin.

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 12:59pm
Coppa Speed; Way too fast, dwell on this rubber is next to nil and lacks feeling. However it is an excellent driving rubber once you have good skills.

Butterfly T25; This rubber is way too heavy. hard to lift chops and pushes, it let's you work way too hard for what it is worth.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

regardless neo or not, chinese rubber are still meant to be speedglue

or tuned..

I agree with you.  I bought a H2 and H3 neo and practice looping with them, while I have Yasaka Pryde on my backhand, my practice partners who block my loop all said that I got more power and spin with Yasaka Pryde than with either H2 or H3.  It could be my forehand loop is not perfect but I do feel that if the pros use H2 or H3 that I currently have, they will not generate enough spin and power as they can with the Yasaka Pryde that I have.  And I also believe that the Chinese pros use H2 or H3 national version which are way better than the commercial.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

my practice partners who block my loop all said that I got more power and spin with Yasaka Pryde than with either H2 or H3.  It could be my forehand loop is not perfect but I do feel that if the pros use H2 or H3 that I currently have, they will not generate enough spin and power as they can with the Yasaka Pryde that I have. 

Needed to point out a critical error in your post:

To get maximum spin out of the Hurricanes,
-The stroke doesn't need to be perfect (just compatible)

and don't forget:
-Chinese training is geared toward creating a stroke that is compatible with H3

So quite it's possible that even with a modern sheet like Yasaka Pryde that their stroke generates less spin than with a familiar rubber.

However, I will be the first to admit that neither of us have the technique, experience or comprehensive understanding of stroke production to make this call accurately and should therefore refrain from making equipment recommendations to professional players.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
hojim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hojim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 12:21am
Juic Air Condle, heavy, slow, lack of spin
American Hinoki 2 ply POC/NWC Shake FL Rakza 7 FH Boost TS BH (testing)
1 ply Hinoki shake FL FH Rakza BH Pride 30
San Wei A5 FH Rakza 7 BH Pryde 30
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 5:52am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

my practice partners who block my loop all said that I got more power and spin with Yasaka Pryde than with either H2 or H3.  It could be my forehand loop is not perfect but I do feel that if the pros use H2 or H3 that I currently have, they will not generate enough spin and power as they can with the Yasaka Pryde that I have. 

Needed to point out a critical error in your post:

To get maximum spin out of the Hurricanes,
-The stroke doesn't need to be perfect (just compatible)

and don't forget:
-Chinese training is geared toward creating a stroke that is compatible with H3

So quite it's possible that even with a modern sheet like Yasaka Pryde that their stroke generates less spin than with a familiar rubber.

However, I will be the first to admit that neither of us have the technique, experience or comprehensive understanding of stroke production to make this call accurately and should therefore refrain from making equipment recommendations to professional players.

To create spin with chinese rubbers one must hit hard so that ball penetrates into sponge. To achieve this a more forward stroke and more open face is required which results in a chinese style loop.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic