Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Lebesson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Lebesson
    Posted: 11/12/2010 at 2:18am
Anybody try it yet?

I am interested in it but can't find reviews nor comments.  It is said that Lebesson used Samsonov Alpha and is now using his own blade.  I heard that it is composed of the same plies as the Alpha, but with larger head, thus not as stiff as Alpha.  It favors looping more also.  That's the only information I got.

One objection that I have with Alpha is that its head is too small, so probably Tibhar Lebesson is worth a try.

Anybody care to review it here? 

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 8:57am
I'm also interested, but from what I can tell, Lebesson's style is not focused on a loop. He CAN loop, but he drives with more slap than spin. This blade is very thin, so it would favor a loop.
Back to table tennis...
qrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2010 at 8:39am
http://tak9.com/mall.php?cat=006001000&query=view&no=3989

I am also interested. Anyone got a review somewhere?...
kanaping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanaping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2010 at 10:51am
I have received this blade today and will try it thursday. I will post a review and compare it with samsonov alpha. If this blade is similar to salpha eventhough it is thin i doubt it will very flexible because the inner core is quite hard and rigid. The first reviews from french forum say it is a tad flexier and so a bit better for looping than salpha but there is not a very big difce.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2010 at 8:02pm
Wow, thank you for your help.  I can't wait to read your review and comparison between Lebesson vs. Alpha.

I have once bounced ball on bare blade, Lebesson did not feel as solid as Alpha.

On the other hand, I bounced ball on Ikarus, and it felt like OFF blade although Tibhar designed it to be ALL+ (I wonder how, because it has 7 wood + 2 Aluminum, how can it be ALL+?).
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 6:22pm
Looks like a Nexy design to me.
kanaping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanaping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 4:24am

as promised a quick review of the lebesson after yestertday's test.
First thing I have to say is that this blade is very close to samsonov alpha. I played with alpha on monday and with lebesson on
thursday and i had no trouble to adapt.
there are some differences but they are really really minor :
Lebesson is a very little bit flexier than samsonov alpha but it is still a stiff blade which is very efficient for
blocking. You can feel on drive and loops that you have a little bit more flex and therefore slightly more power and speed
but i guess that on the blocking end it is a little bit less efficient than samsonov alpha.
On the short game you do not feel this extra flex..the blade is still acurate and allow to make good serve return and
keep the ball short when you want to.
I have used this blade with pryde 30 which is really soft but i am planning to try it with acuda S2.

My first impression is that this blade is a samsonov alpha customized to make the looping game a bit easier and
give a little extra power. On the offensive end it allows you to play a very direct game and it still keep a good
consistency and efficiency for blocking.
I am planning to use it for competition this saturday and will post an update afterwards.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 5:11am
So, does the Lebesson have a "standard" head size?  I love my Alpha, but I hate having to chop my rubbers down to compact size, so if this is almost a standard size version of Alpha then I might get hold of one.

Also - any idea on weight?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 8:04am
According to Spinfactory.de:

Samsonov Alpha is 150 x 149 mm, 5.3mm thickness and 76g
Lebesson is 153mm x 148mm, 5.5 thickness and 80g
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kanaping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanaping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 3:28am
First competition with lebesson. This blade is really close to samsonov alpha...maybe I was looping slightly better and my blocking game was a little
bit less efficient than usual. But maybe it was just me and not the blade..
Anyway this is a blade i would recommend. Very versatile and controlable with largely enough speed and power to
finish (I'm done with carbone, arylate and zylon,every time i try
them it feels great at the beginning during training but every time during competition,
with pressure i make too many mistakes)
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 3:35am
@Kanaping:  Thank you for the review.

Edited by doraemon - 11/22/2010 at 3:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic