Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timo Boll T5000 and ALC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timo Boll T5000 and ALC
    Posted: 01/05/2009 at 10:45pm
I have got my blades today.  I tried them both tonight.  I have to say I am very happy with both of them; however, I like the T5000 much better.  It has very little vibration and very very good control on both forehand and backhand.  I like the T5000 for close-to-the-table counter looping.  It's really good.  T5000 is very similar to Schlager Carbon; however, it's a little bit slower.  If you say Schlager Carbon is a 10, then the T5000 is about 9.  It's not a big difference.

ALC is good too.  It's much better than the Timo Boll Spirit, and in fact, it's better than Michael Maze (on the forehand).  So, I would pick Timo Boll ALC over TBS and Maze any day.  Between T5000 and ALC, of course, I would pick T5000.  It's better.

Sorry, this is a brief review.  If you have any specific question(s), please post them.

SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Sponsored Links

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2009 at 10:50pm
Nice blades speedy (again!). What are the differences between TBALC and TBS? Most people find them almost the same blade...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 12:44am
They are NOT the same, not even almost.  TBALC is much better, and it is faster and feel better too. 

TBS might be more control, but it sucks.  I have one and I swear I hit with that thing less than 1 minute which was about 5 balls.

Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

Nice blades speedy (again!). What are the differences between TBALC and TBS? Most people find them almost the same blade...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 1:06am
how is topspin looping on the T5000? Is there a lot of dwell time resulting in good topspin?
You want A PERSONAL WEBSITE FOR SUPER CHEAP?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22979&PN=1#269260
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 1:34am
Any vibration on the ALC
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 2:25am
For me, I think it's perfect dwell time.  I could smash or loop with no problems.

Originally posted by acer800 acer800 wrote:

how is topspin looping on the T5000? Is there a lot of dwell time resulting in good topspin?
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 2:26am
Yes, but not much at all.  ALC has more vibration than T5000.

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

Any vibration on the ALC
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 3:03am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Yes, but not much at all.  ALC has more vibration than T5000.

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

Any vibration on the ALC

I dont like vibration.(Most of the stiga blades have vibration)
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 4:13pm
how does the t5000 compare to the mizutani jun if you've played with that...
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 5:07pm
Yes, I used Mizutani before.  I like T5000 better.  T5000 is faster and good control.  I always feel like I need more power every time I smashed the ball with Mizutani.  With the T5000, I scared myself every time I smash the ball.  It's fast and accurate.

Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

how does the t5000 compare to the mizutani jun if you've played with that...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 5:28pm

Yes, I used Mizutani before.  I like T5000 better.  T5000 is faster and good control.  I always feel like I need more power every time I smashed the ball with Mizutani.  With the T5000, I scared myself every time I smash the ball.  It's fast and accurate.
Sounds like love at first swing... I wonder how long it will last Wink
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Sounds like love at first swing... I wonder how long it will last Wink

Yes, love at first swing.  It will last until I buy the next excellent blade... LOL
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 5:41pm

For me, I think it's perfect dwell time.� I could smash or loop with no problems.

Oh i see. Is the dwell time longer than ALC though?
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 5:52pm

For me, I think it's perfect dwell time.  I could smash or loop with no problems.

I would say the dwell time is about the same, but because the control of the T5000, I feel better and it seemed like the dwell time on T5000 is longer.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 9:19pm

For me, I think it's perfect dwell time.� I could smash or loop with no problems.

I would say the dwell time is about the same, but because the control of the T5000, I feel better and it seemed like the dwell time on T5000 is longer.

wow that sounds like a very nice blade to use. I personally use a ALC right now and this has only been like a couple of weeks, so I'm still tempted to buy T5000 now =D!!!
Would you say there's any advantages the ALC have over the T5000 though?
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 11:00pm

Oh i see. Is the dwell time longer than ALC though? I would say the dwell time is about the same, but because the control of the T5000, I feel better and it seemed like the dwell time on T5000 is longer.
wow that sounds like a very nice blade to use. I personally use a ALC right now and this has only been like a couple of weeks, so I'm still tempted to buy T5000 now =D!!!
Would you say there's any advantages the ALC have over the T5000 though?

Maybe someone out there see or know some advantages of the ALC over T5000, but sorry, I don't see anything from the ALC is better than T5000.  I will buy another T5000 soon. Wink
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2009 at 12:29pm
Could you compare it to the Maze please, specially the speed, dwell time, and feel (soft or hard)

Thank you Speedy!
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2009 at 1:08pm

Maybe someone out there see or know some advantages of the ALC over T5000, but sorry, I don't see anything from the ALC is better than T5000.

I've seen the pictures of your blade collection and I respect your opinion about tt gear, but I have a hard time understanding why you are saying the T5000 is so much better than a TBALC... Those Tamca Carbon blades are much faster than the Arylate Carbon ones, not to mention stiffer.

Its for a different kind of player. You might be really good, so it might fit your style, and you might find it easier to control, but I can't believe a Tamca Carbon blade has "more control" than a ALC blade for the average serious player.

ZL fiber, ZL carbon, and Arylate carbon were invented for a reason... To make carbon more multi-dimensional.

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I've seen the pictures of your blade collection and I respect your opinion about tt gear, but I have a hard time understanding why you are saying the T5000 is so much better than a TBALC... Those Tamca Carbon blades are much faster than the Arylate Carbon ones, not to mention stiffer.

Ah ha... very good observation about Carbon being stiffer than Arylate Carbon.  You should at least try these two blades.  You will know exactly what I am talking about.  Here is what I think:  Because T5000 is thinner, so it's not that fast and is not stiff as one might think.

Its for a different kind of player. You might be really good, so it might fit your style, and you might find it easier to control, but I can't believe a Tamca Carbon blade has "more control" than a ALC blade for the average serious player.

Again, it's a good observation... and again, T5000 is thinner, and has MORE feel.  Trust me... is there someone else use/try these blades?  Opinion please...

ZL fiber, ZL carbon, and Arylate carbon were invented for a reason... To make carbon more multi-dimensional.

True that... but they all depends on how thick the composite is, how thick the wood they use, and yes, what kind of wood they use.  All of these together, will make a blade completely different than you can think.  Agree?

For example, what if you have a Tamca Carbon with the total thickness is only 4mm and an all wood blade with 8mm.  Which one do you think stiffer?  I know this is not the greatest example, but it's a good example to show that Carbon, Arylate, Arylate Carbon, ZL Carbon, or ZL Fiber are NOT the ONLY thing that makes the blade more control or stiffer.  It's the COMBINATION of the wood + composite and/or the thickness of them.  I hope that helps Wink
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 1:12am
ok ok that's it. I'm tired of staring at the pictures. I ordered a T5000 AND ZLF I'll be a EJ soon
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 1:37am

ok ok that's it. I'm tired of staring at the pictures. I ordered a T5000 AND ZLF I'll be a EJ soon
Go for it! I support EJing 100%!Big%20smile
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 1:50am

You already had the ALC, why don't you order the complete set? LOL
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 2:01am

Post pictures of your T5000 AND ZLF after you get them and your ALC too.  Just like those nice photos of your K5.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Mark 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 3:57am
speedy, could you please post pictures of the veneers of both rackets?
Here is a picture of the veneers of my ALC:

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Mark 5 Mark 5 wrote:

speedy, could you please post pictures of the veneers of both rackets?
Here is a picture of the veneers of my ALC:

I was thinking about doing that, but I am on travel right now and don't have the camera and don't have both blades.  I will come back next week and do that.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
schumi27 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schumi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 10:20am
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Post pictures of your T5000 AND ZLF after you get them and your ALC too.  Just like those nice photos of your K5.

Also very interesting would be a review of the ZLF compared to ALC and Mizutani.
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

LOL, I probably will order a ZLC soon. But never the W7
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Go for it! I support EJing 100%!Big%20smile

ahahaha ok THANKS
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

LOL, I probably will order a ZLC soon. But never the W7
You may be surprised. I know one pros (ranked above 2500) told me that W7 is the best for his liking. LOL
One complete set would be a nice collection though Wink
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2009 at 2:16pm
Speddy if possible could you answer my question please? (to compare the alc with the maze especially speed, dwell time an feel
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic