Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Taiwanese-Japanese table tennis stars to divorce
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taiwanese-Japanese table tennis stars to divorce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taiwanese-Japanese table tennis stars to divorce
    Posted: 03/06/2021 at 12:16am

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Top Japanese table tennis star Ai Fukuhara (福原愛) filed for divorce from her Taiwanese husband Chiang Hung-chieh (江宏傑) in January after more than four years of marriage, Japanese media reported Wednesday (March 3).

The 32-year-olds married in September 2016, holding a wedding banquet at Tokyo Disneyland in February 2017. Fukuhara accused her husband — formerly known as the “prince” of Taiwanese table tennis — of “verbal harassment,” according to Japanese magazine Bunshun.

The couple lived mainly in Taiwan and have a three-year-old daughter and a 23-month-old son, CNA reported. According to Japanese media, criticism of Fukuhara’s spending on fashion escalated into Chiang using coarse language to insult her.

The Japanese star reportedly filed for divorce in January before returning to her native country, where paparazzi spotted her in the company of another man.

However, the talent agency representing both sports stars, HIM International Music, issued a statement that there had been no divorce. Intercultural marriages often encountered issues, but Chiang and Fukuhara would meet regularly to discuss family matters, CNA quoted the agency as saying.

Edited by Charlie Brown - 03/06/2021 at 2:12am
*sigh*
Sponsored Links

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2021 at 1:40am
Thought it was a rumour, but this story has wheels.
Comes as a surprise to me. Looked so rosy, 2 kids cought in the middle.

Wonder what Chiang's side of the story is 

I'll have to contact my Japanese sources for more info  Beer
Butterfly TB ALC fl
FH: Tenergy 05Hard 2.1
BH: Tenergy 80 2.1

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-P Hard 2.1
BH: Tibhar Aurus 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2021 at 2:14am
I'm looking now for legal papers Tongue

1st link posted went dead Ouch so i just posted the article

i believe Ai about Chieh's "verbal abuse"

Edited by Charlie Brown - 03/06/2021 at 2:16am
*sigh*
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 4:02pm
too bad if there is an actual divorce.  being married, I could understand how things could get out of hand.  if it is about spending, it would be a bit curious since Fukuhara made quite a bit of money during her career, thus spending her own money?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 4:16pm
Ai filed and moved back to Japan with her kids. Apparently he didn't like how she spent on her attire ...from what i know most affluent Japanese women dress well and are not your typical jeans and tee type.

Yes, Ai made a fortune from "branding" her image. Apparently he and his family were overall controlling of her life...there is a reason she finally decided to leave TT ;)

The legal papers haven't been made public...but i'll keep checking.
*sigh*
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 5:14pm
Good luck to her.  She seemed like a very nice person and was good for TT.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2021 at 4:45pm
Ok, kids.  It's story time with Uncle Beav.  

Years ago, this friend of mine asked me to train with him six weeks before the U.S. Nationals.  I'll call him "Leo" and he's Vietnamese.  He worked in software development and told me that his boss gave him permission to set up a table in the conference room in the evenings.  I thought "cool!".  He asked me to train Monday and Thursday evenings.  First session on Monday, we started at around 6 and drilled for an hour.  Then, his co-worker walks in.  I'll call her "Vicky" and she's Chinese from Hong Kong.  She greeted us and said she's there to finish a project and after some small talk said "I brought some food."  She gave Leo a bag and it was from a high-end Italian restaurant.  To my surprise, she handed me one too.  There was an appetizer, salad, main course, dessert, a mini bottle of wine, and even a small espresso.  When I looked in the bag and the restaurant it was from, I thought "Dang, this is expensive." I told Vicky she didn't have to do that for me but she said, please just enjoy and she stepped out of the conference room.

Leo then told me "Bro, why don't you eat your meal in here.  I'll eat mine outside at the back of the building (there was a picnic table) with her.  The poor thing, she's going through a divorce.  Her husband is verbally abusive (same allegation against Chiang) and I'm the only one she can talk to.  Take your time with the food."  I said sure but I also thought that verbal abuse, although it can be serious and harmful, is something that can be addressed.  Maybe with counseling, anger management, communication, etc. but certainly should not cause a divorce.  But I also knew that Vicky's husband was older (Leo and Vicky were late 20's at the time) so maybe there were some cultural, gender roles, age factors at play.  Either way, none of my business and I started on my appetizer.

After finishing my meal, I peeked outside to see if they were at the picnic table.  Empty.  But, I saw Leo's dad's van.  They owned a flower delivery business.  Strange I thought because Leo's car was parked out front.  Oh, and the van's windshield looked a little foggy and the van is rocking side to side.  Hmmm... ok.  I waited in the conference room and when Leo returned, I didn't ask questions and we resumed our training.

Thursday rolls around, same scenario - train an hour, she arrives with high-end food (steakhouse this time), van parked in the back, foggy windshield, van rockin', back to training.

Week 2, Monday, same scene but with Thai food.  So I decided to give Leo a little test.  I said, why don't we move Thursday's session to Saturday? He became uneasy and started rattling off reasons why we should only train after work.  After he recited the reasons, I said "Aren't you forgetting one other reason? Hooking up with your co-worker?" to which he smiled.  He told me to relax and isn't it cool to just play a little TT and eat some good food.  So what if he was getting some action.  I told him fine, and I don't want to get on a high horse here because I can be an instigator, but I said tell her not to bring me any more food.  She doesn't have to "pay me" to keep quiet or be part of both of your alibis.  It's none of my business what you two do in your dad's van.

I kept my end of the bargain and fulfilled the six week training, minus the great food.  Ohhh, that was really difficult when I saw her carrying the restaurant food bags for him.  Anyway, I learned a few things from this experience:

1. Verbal abuse is real and your wife will hook up with another dude if you don't address it.
2. If your wife says she's working late, check her credit card statement for fancy meals on that same date.
3. If she's working late and you or your private investigator follow her, it's not enough to see her parking at the employee parking lot.  Go around the back of the building and check for any van that is rockin' and have a foggy windshield.

There is an epilogue to this but for now, I will close with good luck and best wishes to Ai, Hung-Chieh, and the two kids.  I hope they can settle things as amicably as they can.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2021 at 6:16pm
Lol when did this become a gossip forum LOL
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Tenergy 05
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2021 at 5:41pm
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2021 at 2:47am
Epilogue: Leo and I are both basketball fans.  One thing about basketball, for amateurs you only get five fouls, then you are out of the game.  So for a NCAA game with two halves each 20 minutes, if you get called for two or three fouls in the first half, that puts pressure on you because your coach has to limit your playing time or if you do play you can't guard opposing players too aggressively or too close.  Leo became a TT umpire (I won't tell you what level) and he always calls a service fault without warning once at the beginning of the match.  We would talk about basketball and TT officiating differences in-depth and I would ask him "Why not give the warning? Sure, it's not required but give the player a chance to correct the serve." He would say no because he wants to put that pressure on the TT player that they are being watched.  Besides, it's not like they get five fouls and they're out so they need to quit being soft.  I would just tell him what a jerk he is :)

At the Nationals where I helped him train, he and I were roommates.  Vicky also showed up with her girlfriend staying at another hotel nearby.  They just happened to be shopping in town that weekend.  Leo said he would cover my hotel and travel but if I could just stay out of the room from 6-7:30 pm every night.  Bro code rules so no problem.  They did not offer to bribe me with dinner for that time.  TT matches all day, then a tryst in the evening? That's young energy right there! The final night, Vicky left a package in the room for me.  It was a nice tracksuit *sigh*.

How does the saying go? Leo did make an honest woman out of Vicky and they ended up getting married.  She and her ex had some property or business in HK so he sued Leo for money that she owed him for the businesses (rent, taxes, whatever).  She was mad and apparently, the ex had shady business practices so she threatened to go to the authorities.  I don't know the details but the case was quietly settled out of court.  Leo and Vicky are still married today.

If this looks familiar or you think it might be someone you know or "Leo" might have been an umpire for your previous match, that is pure coincidence :)

In closing, I hope Ai and Hung-Chieh come out of this alright.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2021 at 8:30pm
very interesting, her husband filed for divorce yesterday Confused

Ex-table tennis star Ai Fukuhara's husband files for divorce
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2021 at 8:54am
Hmmm, interesting.  I wonder if by chance, the Japanese man drives a van.

Magazine articles detailing their marital issues began to appear earlier this year, with paparazzi spotting Fukuhara in the company of another man who is reportedly Japanese and married.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic