Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone tried the new MX-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone tried the new MX-D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SteveWAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveWAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone tried the new MX-D
    Posted: 04/05/2021 at 12:38am
Has anyone tried the new Tibhar MX-D ?
I so how did it go ? can you share your thoughts about this new iteration of the Evolution line.
Thanks 
Steve Adams Foster City, CA.

My Email
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 5:25pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 6:11pm
Anyway doesn't the first user have a great backhand
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Anyway doesn't the first user have a great backhand

Very Kreanga like
DHS HL3
FH: DHS H3
BH: 05FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2021 at 6:27am
if I am not mistaken, one of the players there is the owner of TT11
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2021 at 1:51pm
Agree!  I don't know anything about the rubber but the one guy's backhand is a thing of beauty.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2021 at 3:35pm
Kreanga's bh beautiful? I agree but it's not even in the top 10 best ever some say. I really like that guy's bh too, it is so fluid and committed. 

Edited by stiltt - 04/09/2021 at 3:36pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2021 at 3:41pm
The Review looks really good Thumbs Up
but interestingly ist has not much to do with my own impressions. Stern Smile
For me the difference between MX-P and MX-D is not as small as mentioned in this review.

MX-P feels more direct while MX-D feels softer than the pure hardness-scale shows.
If you play with power-loops, MX-D has definitely more power - too much for me.
Therefore lots of balls go over the table. For me MX-D is made for looping from mid-distance.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2021 at 5:17am
So i heard its basically an mx-s topsheet with a mx-p type sponge? And from what i can see in the video reviews it does seem to create a higher and longer ball trajectory compared to mx-s, mx-p and mx-p50. Only thing i want to know is does it create good spin on soft brushy topsheet only strokes? This is one of the reason i really like the evolution series over the new gen gen thin topsheet rubbers. Very good spin and control on opening topsins, serves and pushes. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2021 at 9:08pm
I tried mine today and my impressions  are very good. The uncut weight is 81 gr. I was only able to try it for about one hour and the rubber did not have enough time to settle. The blade was the Tibhar Szocs Signature 1 with a concave handle.

There are a few reviews of the MXD out there but the majority of them are in Japanese or Korean. The test conducted by TT11 is one of the few in English.

So as I said, I liked the MXD very much, it might be my next FH rubber. My findings are very similar to what Magic_M posted earlier.

In terms of hardness, the MXD definitely does not feel 52 degrees. It is very similar to MXP and certainly softer than MXP50. The best was to determine its feel would be to position it between an MXS and an MXP. After a few heftier loops most people will be able to tell the difference in a blind test against the MXP.

In the TT11 video, I agree with one of the juniors who said that it is easier to play from mid-distance.

The very big difference to the MXP is the huge curve the ball draws. Also, loops from the MXD tend to land close to the end of the table, which can be seen in most of the Japanese and Korean video reviews (they send quite a few loops long ). It is not the easiest rubber to master but it seems very rewarding.

My conclusion after today's testing is that the MXD can bring a lot of joy for those MXP50 users who have a wish for a safer trajectory over the net. Or it could be a step up for those MXP users who want to move towards a more speed oriented game.

However, it is not for those who enjoy the regular MXP's spin generating capability.

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 04/16/2021 at 9:10pm
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I tried mine today and my impressions  are very good. The uncut weight is 81 gr. I was only able to try it for about one hour and the rubber did not have enough time to settle. The blade was the Tibhar Szocs Signature 1 with a concave handle.

There are a few reviews of the MXD out there but the majority of them are in Japanese or Korean. The test conducted by TT11 is one of the few in English.

So as I said, I liked the MXD very much, it might be my next FH rubber. My findings are very similar to what Magic_M posted earlier.

In terms of hardness, the MXD definitely does not feel 52 degrees. It is very similar to MXP and certainly softer than MXP50. The best was to determine its feel would be to position it between an MXS and an MXP. After a few heftier loops most people will be able to tell the difference in a blind test against the MXP.

In the TT11 video, I agree with one of the juniors who said that it is easier to play from mid-distance.

The very big difference to the MXP is the huge curve the ball draws. Also, loops from the MXD tend to land close to the end of the table, which can be seen in most of the Japanese and Korean video reviews (they send quite a few loops long ). It is not the easiest rubber to master but it seems very rewarding.

My conclusion after today's testing is that the MXD can bring a lot of joy for those MXP50 users who have a wish for a safer trajectory over the net. Or it could be a step up for those MXP users who want to move towards a more speed oriented game.

However, it is not for those who enjoy the regular MXP's spin generating capability.

Cheers for the review and comparison to MXP!

Edited by Basquests - 04/17/2021 at 9:15am
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 1:46pm
Cheers for the review Hans, you pretty much cleared out everything i've wanted to know. I Kinda like the low throw i get from the mx-p50 and definitely love it for the spin.

They have a pretty good discussion going on in this german forum, might wanna take a look if anyone wants to read more on it, though i feel the little thats been written in this thread is enough for most.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
kunglao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kunglao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 9:41am
If you like mxs you will love mxd.   Feels hard but plays soft when u need it to. I’m a 2200 level player. I use it on the fh. Lots of power while maintaining control.   Top sheet grips very well. Not the spinniest rubber but has enough spin. Great for flat hitting as well.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2021 at 6:17am
Some more impressions. Now my MXD is on a Skachkov Carbon accompanied by an MXS.

The MXD has lost some of its juice and now it does not bite the ball as well as it did in the beginning. It is still good though.

Compared to my MXS which is not new either:

MXS is definitely spinnier on opening loops and close to the table loops. MXD is slightly faster but no to an extent that would make it a superior rubber in terms of speed. The only real advantage is the throw angle which is higher so you get more safety on loops a.) at 1.5 meters from the table b.) that you let dip a little below table level. The difficulty is against pushes / chops where it is a bit more difficult to find the right bat angle with the MXD compared to MXS.

Compared to MXP: I do not think it has an edge, neither in speed nor in spin. The only real difference is the throw angle and that it is a little less direct.

My summary of MXP / S and MXD is this:

MXP is best for players who are very well trained and adopt a very aggressive strategy from the start (truth be told,  have seen very good blockers use this but they were very high level players in their younger days) and do not mind taking a few steps back if necessary

MXS is for those who value spinny opening loops and directness but do not like wandering away more than 1.5 meters. I have seen ex-nationals use this who were Tenergy 05 users when they were sponsored by Butterfly.

MXD is for those who play topspins with placement from around 1.5-2 meters and are looking to finish off a weaker return when the opportunity arises NOT the first ball they get back. The ball curve is a little higher, making it a little less direct than MXP from all distances and than MXS from close to the table. Players who feel safe playing a little further will appreciate this rubber most.

A good player will be able to utilize the  potential of any of these rubbers and I do not think they will say the MXD is a league above the others, only a little different.
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

The MXD has lost some of its juice and now it does not bite the ball as well as it did in the beginning. It is still good though.
Oh man, I wish you would be able to measure your assembled balde against when MX-D was new vs now. I wonder how much of weight MX-D has lost over 3 months. I have this super eerie feeling that MX-D is boosted to hell to feel faster, while MX-S has some genuine mechanical grip and pimple structure advantage over the obvious factory boost. I just think MX-D is boosted even further and no mechanical advantage over MX-S or MX-P. 

Edited by Zwill - 07/19/2021 at 5:44pm
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2021 at 7:48am
3rd week that I’ve switched to mxd from mxp on my forehand. It’s been Long time that I wanted to change my mxp because my opponents block my topspins very easily and the ball land very short on the opponents table. Mxd feels way softer than the declared hardness, overall should be around 49.5/49.8º, a bit softer than mxp50. The topsheet is really soft so you can easily grip the ball when you are out of position, away from table or make opening loops without engaging much the sponge because you don’t hit the ball hard. When you hit the ball hard you engage the sponge and the trajectory of the ball is very aggressive, fast, low and deep on opponent’s table, he can’t counterloop and makes many unforced errors blocking, many many more than while I was using the mxp. 
Block with mxd and forehand flip is way easier due to the hard sponge.
With mxp I must use full force to make a strong topspin, so I made more unforced errors, with mxd the topspin is very strong even if I use 70% full power, so I can make less errors.
With mxd the ball stays more time than other rubbers in contact with the topsheet, so I think it could be a good rubber for backhand too, maybe in 2.0mm, many players that I know are now using it on backhand with good results 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic