Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Table Tennis Bum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Table Tennis Bum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Table Tennis Bum
    Posted: 04/24/2021 at 3:10pm
This years trip out to the west coast has gone pretty well. I had some nice hikes in West Texas in the Alpine area. In Tucson I hiked in Tucson Mtn. Park and got to play 2 days of TT with one of the officers of the Tucson Table Tennis Club. The club was closed but we played at his house. In Phoenix I did some mountain biking at Mcdowell Mtn. Park and played 3 days of TT. 2 days were at forum member wturber's house and 1 night at the Phoenix TT club. More hiking at Joshua Tree National Park and then picked up a used sea kayak in Gilroy, Ca ( near San Jose). Got to do a paddle on Elkhorn Slough off Monterey Bay. It is kind of a famous destination and was a bucket list trip for me. I had hoped to play some TT in San Jose, but some kayak repair work and redoing my kayak car rack for the new boat took up all of my one free day. I am now in Sonora with forum member mts388. Not sure how much I will get to play. Mts388 likes to limit his play to 25 matches/day or 6 straight hours. I will be dropping dead well before his limits. Had a good hit and matches last night for about 2.5 hrs. (just a warmup for mts388). Will play today, Sun, and Mon. Mon evening will visit the Sonora TT club. Then 5 days off from TT until I get to Salem, Or and the Willamette TT Club. Then the real work on my game can start up again.

Just enjoying the life of a TT bum.

Mark 
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2021 at 3:47pm
At first, I thought that you were about to describe a physical feature of TT players.
>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.
Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05 and Darker Imperial with D80/D05.

Delusion is an asset
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

At first, I thought that you were about to describe a physical feature of TT players.

And so you had to click on it didn't you...LOLLOLLOL
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2021 at 1:47pm
The bum has left town to wreck havoc on the west coast for another 6 months.  

For those of you that can afford his fee, I would highly recommend bringing him into your home like I did for 4 days.  The value I got from his visit equaled or exceeded his fee.  

I'm going to start saving now so I can bring him back sometime in the future.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

The bum has left town to wreck havoc on the west coast for another 6 months.  

For those of you that can afford his fee, I would highly recommend bringing him into your home like I did for 4 days.  The value I got from his visit equaled or exceeded his fee.  

I'm going to start saving now so I can bring him back sometime in the future.

I know things in Ca. are expensive, but 2 hot showers and 3 glasses of lemonade can not be that much.

Seriously, thanks for the hospitality and the fun play.

Hopefully next year again.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic