Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Zetro Quad Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
gotzki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Zetro Quad Blade Review
    Posted: 11/15/2010 at 9:01am
any review on this blade?

thanks...
Blade: Andro Kinetic CF Light Off+
FH:     Skyline 3 Neo
BH:    Joola Energy

http://ktakrolas.multiply.com/
Sponsored Links

bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 11:19am
Really great for looping. Great speed and control.the zylon really improves topspin play
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 11:38am
Come on man...is this all we get after waiting so long ? Unhappy
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 12:13pm
Zetro Quad is a very nice blade. High quality build. Very comfortable ST handle. Good weight and balance.

It plays like a poor man's version of Amultart, but not as fast. (Somewhere between Amultart and Photino, but stiffer than Photino.) Its thick and stiff but when you start hitting loops the Zylon becomes evident, and it feels different than the average 7mm Hinoki composite blade.

If you can deal with a blade that's relatively fast and 7mm thick, Zetro Quad can pretty much do everything for you.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 2:25pm
I think it's hard to deal with such blade.  I really love the look of this blade, but shy away from the 7mm thickness.  It maybe good for hitters though.
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 5:42pm
Just to share some shots..

A close up
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2010 at 1:33am
Haha, sorry. The previous and current comment, I typed both from my phone therefore not much information. Maybe I can do a brief review soon. So far, I love the blade.
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
dr_stalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2010 at 1:24pm
Blade: BUTTERFLY M.Maze OFF
FH: BUTTERFLY Tenergy 05 2,1
BH: NITTAKU Flyatt Hard super thick
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2010 at 11:40pm

Thanks for the link Dr. Stalker.  I find it interesting that Zetro Quad is slower than Ignito, especially at 7mm with Kiri core and thick Hinoki outers, same as Ignito.  I am using a Strato now and would be interested in finding a little more dwell time, but I do not want to sacrifice any (or much speed).   I guess Zetro Quad is not what I am looking for.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 9:15am
The zetro quad does have the most dwell time out of most blades I've owned. I would never classify this blade as slow, but it is verrrrry controllable with the zylon/carbon combination. Very enjoyable blade for topspin.
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

Thanks for the link Dr. Stalker.  I find it interesting that Zetro Quad is slower than Ignito, especially at 7mm with Kiri core and thick Hinoki outers, same as Ignito.  I am using a Strato now and would be interested in finding a little more dwell time, but I do not want to sacrifice any (or much speed).   I guess Zetro Quad is not what I am looking for.

I dunno, I didn't find Zetro Quad slower than Ignito, and I have owned both. I think Zetro Quad would be perfect for someone with a Strato who wanted more dwell. You will lose speed in blocks and smashes, but the dwell will give you more catapult speed with certain shots like looping.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I dunno, I didn't find Zetro Quad slower than Ignito, and I have owned both. I think Zetro Quad would be perfect for someone with a Strato who wanted more dwell. You will lose speed in blocks and smashes, but the dwell will give you more catapult speed with certain shots like looping.

I found the Zetro quad to have the same catapult effect. Its the only blade that I've been able to tame the smash as well as the loop equally. The catapult speed of this blade is outstanding.
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by bumpernets19 bumpernets19 wrote:

Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I found the Zetro quad to have the same catapult effect. Its the only blade that I've been able to tame the smash as well as the loop equally. The catapult speed of this blade is outstanding.

Hi bumpernets19,

My EJ bug has been bugged me about this blade and I've been hesitated buying it because I don't know how good it performs with Hurricane III, and seeing your signature makes me feel that it could be the blade for me.  If you don't mind, would you please tell me what type of game you play?  My game style is two-wing looper, and I tend to be open with slow loop and then be in the mid-distance to counter-loop.

Thanks.
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 7:34pm
This blade matches up nicely with two separate rubbers that I am currently trying. It is good with Skyline TG3 commerical, and H3 blue sponge. I don't know about any others such as neo or provincial. You can literally take the ball and throw it anywhere on the table with massive amounts of spin. Just like you are hurling a discus. I would really like to do a more in depth review of this blade, but I would rather do it in an experimental video review, because I have never tried it.
By the way, I like the TG3 more than the h3. Hope this helps.

Edited by bumpernets19 - 11/18/2010 at 7:35pm
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
TM_SAIFUL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TM_SAIFUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 8:55pm
Clap

I have play with xiom zetro, i think it is pretty fast and i might say OFF. Faster than Timo ALC, ZLF and Viscaria that i own.

The best part is its looping.
EHP View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EHP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 4:19pm
I liked all-wood blades but since I meet with ZQ I'm in love with this blade. The best thing that it has a soft feel for short game but If you smash or loop it turns into a hard feeling, which gives a very good feedback about what you're actually doing. The blade is a bit heavy (90g) and thick (7mm) for me but still the best blade in my collection which consists of about 20 blades. It's fast If you want it to play fast but the controll is amazing too. Good for blocking and counterlooping. Chopping went for me very bad with this blade, but to be honest I'm not a big chopper and maybe maximum thicness on the FH is not really suitable for chopping! :-)
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by EHP EHP wrote:

I liked all-wood blades but since I meet with ZQ I'm in love with this blade. The best thing that it has a soft feel for short game but If you smash or loop it turns into a hard feeling, which gives a very good feedback about what you're actually doing. The blade is a bit heavy (90g) and thick (7mm) for me but still the best blade in my collection which consists of about 20 blades. It's fast If you want it to play fast but the controll is amazing too. Good for blocking and counterlooping. Chopping went for me very bad with this blade, but to be honest I'm not a big chopper and maybe maximum thicness on the FH is not really suitable for chopping! :-)

This is precisely my experience with ZQ, which I've used since March till August this year. The dual nature of the blade - very controllable in short game and fast when looping and hitting - is its best feature. Alas, it was just too heavy for me (especially when coupled with Vega Pro rubbers in max thickness), so I switched to Xiom V1.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 8:35am
interesting, mine is only 83 grams, and was only about 181 grams with max vega rubbers. it feels anything but heavy

if anything i'd like a z quad a couple grams heavier

favorite blade of all i've tried (probably close to 70 blades at this point, maybe 30-40 different models)
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 8:37am
oh, and the V1 I have on the way is actually a couple grams heavier... ironically
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2012 at 11:53am
I have tried mine with two tenergies and two tenzones, and looping is fantastic either way, but i just can't control the short game with this blade. These fine touches around the net are impossible to do with the same precision as my primorac. Also returning slow but very spiny serve is very difficult for me. The blade is very bouncy. 
Pros: build quality, appearance, dwell time, looping, nice wood feel, excellent feedback, all fast game
Cons: 90 gr, bouncy in the short game, handle is kind of large after coming off primorac, but that depends on ur choice
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2012 at 10:57am
Well, Fatt. I am currently looking at getting another blade, but I am still not sure if I will sell my Zetro Quad. If I do I will let you know!
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2012 at 2:11pm

The zetro quad does have the most dwell time out of most blades I've owned. I would never classify this blade as slow, but it is verrrrry controllable with the zylon/carbon combination. Very enjoyable blade for topspin.

is too flexy to play with short pips?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

is too flexy to play with short pips?

ZQ is not flexy at all. 9-ply and 7mm thick ...
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2012 at 2:41pm
It's not flexy, but it is very soft, which is how it balances great speed with good touch and ability to loop/topspin very well....
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by 128YinYang 128YinYang wrote:

It's not flexy, but it is very soft, which is how it balances great speed with good touch and ability to loop/topspin very well....

i need to know the feedback of someone that plays with short pips with this ZQ
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by 128YinYang 128YinYang wrote:

i need to know the feedback of someone that plays with short pips with this ZQ

This bat has very good control and excellent dwell time, just like others have mentioned. Just a looping blade. I use spectol 21 on bh and I do more flicks/topspin drive/loop than hitting. So far it's excellent, I wish it's a bit faster though. Blocking is a bit slower for sp compared to my P700, so not as great for passive blocking...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 1:07pm
Good week to all; tabletennis11.com has it for $65 a piece; what a bargain!!!

I contacted them yesterday night and they have it in FL handle at 93,94,95,96 and 97 grams.

I have been going back and forth thinking about that blade and I am now reaching a ridiculous state of non decision making either way. The fact that my Andro is so good and let me play like I want is indeed responsible. I am sure I'll be able to test a XZQ at no cost sometimes in the future so I am not worrying about it now. 

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 7:05pm
wow. thats kinda heavy. i was thinking about ordering a second one from them but i think mine is already too heavy at 90 gr. thatnks for posting this.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 7:11pm
i have no idea what my ZQ weights but it has very heavy rubbers on it as well... my bat probably weights at 190 ish .
RSM Special Platinum T64
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Good week to all; tabletennis11.com has it for $65 a piece; what a bargain!!!
thanks a lot fatt, i just dropped 100 bucks there (not on a z quad though)
. that low price drew me to the website

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic