Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZHANG JIKE PENDULUM SERVE- SLOW MOTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZHANG JIKE PENDULUM SERVE- SLOW MOTION
    Posted: 03/23/2015 at 9:50pm
Hello everyone who like table tennis and Zhang Jike!
I made this video with the desire to give everyone can learn, practice ball handling technique Zhang Jike' reverse
If you like this video, please click the "like" and share with people around the world.
Thanks a lot for the ITTF, Janus770 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_Il-gEBdQ
( I can't insert youtube video. Please help me)

Edited by aunhh - 03/26/2015 at 3:29am
Super ZLC Zhang Jike Razka 7 Razka 7 soft
Sponsored Links

TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2015 at 10:43pm
error video does not play...
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 2:13am
SOME FRIENDLY REMARKS.

hi, Nguyen Au dear friend,

I have to do some criticism on your video in hope we can ultimately have a better educative video of how to serve and return the serve as well. Returning serve is of uttermost importance, you understand.

1) reducing the number of serve replays from 7 down to 3 in a sequence is very much advisable. Yes.

2) Please take care to recompose this video so as to display how the serve is returned back and then the third stroke by Zhike.   Thus could we have got a video clip with a better teaching effect.

Thanks.
Hopefully to see a proper revision of the video quite soon.

Edited by igorponger - 03/24/2015 at 2:22am
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by aunhh aunhh wrote:

Hello everyone who like table tennis and Zhang Jike!
I made this video with the desire to give everyone can learn, practice ball handling technique Zhang Jike' reverse
If you like this video, please click the "like" and share with people around the world.
Thanks a lot for the ITTF, Janus770 !!!

</br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_Il-gEBdQ

Youtube tags to insert videos.

[t u b e]xxxxxxxxxxx[/t u b e]
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 10:25am
That video is interesting to watch.

To me it seems like his action is always coming to the side. That being said, I have no idea how he has a version with much side/backspin on it. That's something that baffles me.

The side/topspin version is easy.

But I've never been able to put much side/back on the ball. To me it always seems more corkscrew whenever I try it... Maybe even a little top after the two bounces.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 10:47am
It is amazing to see how ZJK brushes the ball along the whole paddle.  It is not a point of contact  for the ball but  the whole line across the paddle. Just image how much sidespin that can create.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 10:49am
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

To me it seems like his action is always coming to the side. That being said, I have no idea how he has a version with much side/backspin on it. That's something that baffles me.

But I've never been able to put much side/back on the ball. To me it always seems more corkscrew whenever I try it... Maybe even a little top after the two bounces.

You need to come round the right bottom side of the ball.  Most people try to do it from the back and wonder why it never works (I spent months working with Brett Clarke on this).  Alois Rosario from PingSkills also answers this question in a video.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 10:54am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

You need to come round the right bottom side of the ball.  Most people try to do it from the back and wonder why it never works (I spent months working with Brett Clarke on this).  Alois Rosario from PingSkills also answers this question in a video.

But you will have to twist your wrist a lot to start brushing the ball from the right bottom side .
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

But you will have to twist your wrist a lot to start brushing the ball from the right bottom side .

Does he twist his wrist a lot?

Edited by NextLevel - 03/24/2015 at 5:37pm
Cybershape Carbon
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

The reverse pendulum motion as ZJK, etc does it is kind of like a BH flip (esp angle of the elbow) except you contact w/ other side of racket. Usually folks copying it don't get low enough to get the ball close to the chest.

It's possible to reverse pendulum lower nearer the waist (like in the vid just above) but you have to modify the usual FH serving grip to get the handle below the wrist (almost like you're not using modified serve grip at all).

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 5:19pm
Alios's video makes perfect sense and it's something I'll have to work on.

What amazes me is that when I watch ZJK do it, to me it looks like he never does that and thus you'd expect either pure side or sid/top on all his serves. I never see him come fully under the ball. Perhaps his just disguises his movement very well... Guess that's why they're pros. :)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 5:29pm
Because he's bending much lower.  But he is still contacting the same point on the ball.  Look at Michael Maze serve reverse and you will get a similar illusion sometimes.   And you don't have to get to the very bottom of the ball to serve side backspin.  You just have to get low enough.   Racket head speed will do the rest.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/24/2015 at 5:33pm
Cybershape Carbon
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 6:36pm

Alios's video makes perfect sense and it's something I'll have to work on.

What amazes me is that when I watch ZJK do it, to me it looks like he never does that and thus you'd expect either pure side or sid/top on all his serves. I never see him come fully under the ball. Perhaps his just disguises his movement very well... Guess that's why they're pros. :)

You can do more or less the same backspin serve w/ racket more behind but the further up the contact point the more demanding it is on contact thinness and speed, so not the best idea to start with.

What I've heard is that elite serves tend to include more side than back per se, for which presumably a higher contact is necessary. Also better disguise for no/top variation.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 9:51pm
Amazing to see zhang Jike does illegal serves by tossing the ball towards him, instead of straight up.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
DistantStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DistantStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Amazing to see zhang Jike does illegal serves by tossing the ball towards him, instead of straight up.

You make it sound like it's news. MOST top players do it, XuXin's serve is much worse IMO.

But yes I do agree it's a problem in general. All these players are capable of tossing the ball up vertical as a resting pendulum. But they refuse to play by the rules and are getting away with it.
Nittaku Acoustic
Xiom Sigma Euro 2.0
Tibhar Genius Sound 2.0
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:05pm
illegal? its not illegal unless you get caught.. and can you really call it illegal if everyone is doing it? 
nba players like john stockton use to hit opponents in the balls when the refs weren't looking.. 
now THAT'S illegal.. haha.. but something like ball tossing can be made out to be a different interpretation? people in the highest level of professional sports always try to get that edge.. its just the way of life baby...
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:21am
I don't know how to insert video. Please guide me
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:24am
Thank you so much!!!
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:25am
Yes, I try to train. Side spin and top spin are easy. Backspin is not. Cry
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:26am
Your comments may be key to perform pendulum serve. Smile
DistantStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DistantStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

illegal? its not illegal unless you get caught.. and can you really call it illegal if everyone is doing it? 

Come on man, stop throwing out weak arguments like this.

Campus rape is not illegal unless you get caught?
Murder is not illegal unless you get caught?
Tax evasion is illegal unless you get caught, and everyone's doing it!

ITTF make the rules, refs cannot create or take away rules by refusing to enforce
Nittaku Acoustic
Xiom Sigma Euro 2.0
Tibhar Genius Sound 2.0
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 1:15pm
Lol.. why so serious? Obviously ur someone with no sense of humor. Just take a chill pill, relax... take that stick out of ur butt. Anyways isnt there a saying that if ur not cheating ur not trying? The best always try to bend the rules to their favor. Point in case bill belichick, steve jobs, edison, the 90s pistons.. Not saying what they r doing is right.. just the way of this world unfortunately..
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by DistantStar DistantStar wrote:

Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

Come on man, stop throwing out weak arguments like this.

Campus rape is not illegal unless you get caught?
Murder is not illegal unless you get caught?
Tax evasion is illegal unless you get caught, and everyone's doing it!

ITTF make the rules, refs cannot create or take away rules by refusing to enforce

You're conflating criminal law with sporting regs among quite a bit of other tripe for the sake of a rhetorical argument revolving around the word "legal". 

ITTF's own umps deem these serves legal; end of.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic