Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

why the chinese top players.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why the chinese top players.......
    Posted: 07/13/2008 at 9:14pm
why the chinese top players doesnt use composite blades?
why is that?
obviously is a question to make "guesses" only...but what do u think?
regards
yorsh
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
Sponsored Links

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 9:19pm
Because they use Hurricane. Which is more suited to a flexible 5 ply blade. Also ply wood blades have beeter feeling(vibration) and control for the short game.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 9:44pm
zhang jike uses viscaria and h3. I guess it's just a matter or preference.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 10:10pm
Zhang uses a custom ZL Carbon, but both rubbers are Japanese~ Now pre-2004 she was using the Adolescen (All Wood) with H3 and Ekrips, so the H3 can be an issue~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 10:33pm
In my opinion, the equipment does not matter much to them. It is their skill more than their equipment.
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

In my opinion, the equipment does not matter much to them. It is their skill more than their equipment.
I think this is true for most of us.  I don't really think the matches I lost are because of my equipments.  

After bigger ball, glue ban, or whatever, the Chinese still kick and will be still kicking asses. 
Henry Hou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Hou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:30am
Because the Chinese players would like to use the power by themself.  
Main:Timo Boll Limited edition(FH:G3 2.1 BH: Tenergy 25 2.1)
Spare1.Timo boll ZLF(FH:G3 2.1 BH: G3 FX 2.1)
Spare2.Timo Boll ALC(FH: G3 2.1 BH:ROXON 450 max)
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:47am
how cute, correct, all hail to nationalism and loyalty for the motherland!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 6:17am
They simply grew up playing Chinese rubbers and using all wood blades. Pro players are a superstitious bunch. They won't change during the season unless something gets banned or they find something that suits them even better than what they've gotten used to, which is rather rare.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 8:00am
because its part of their lives and they training is strictly reinforced, developed and promoted by the communist government
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Zhang uses a custom ZL Carbon, but both rubbers are Japanese~ Now pre-2004 she was using the Adolescen (All Wood) with H3 and Ekrips, so the H3 can be an issue~

zhang yn was using 2 japanese rubbers before 2004, li xiao i dont know where you get ur info, but is wrong  and if you are naive enuff to believe waht bty claims is other stuff
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 3:16pm
Ok bbkon, first you can look at any picture of her back then, and pictures were published on fotop of her paddle, maybe you should go look at them~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 4:32pm
hard chinese rubbers work better with allwood blades.
Hataw Na View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hataw Na Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 11:07pm
Yyea, I think Skyline's observation is correct. Since Chinese Rubbers are generally hard sponged, they will work well with all wood paddle to compensate for the "hard" feel.  Simply putting these rubbers with equally "hard" carbon composites or the likes, you will be playing with rock hard(sorry), er granite hard paddles, which compromises control.

Hataw Na!
Hataw lang ng hataw!
Butterfly Cypress S
FH - Bty Bryce 2.1 mm Red
RPB - Bty Tackfire D 2.1 mm Blk
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 7:37am
I believe Wang Liqin's combi is quite hard...
H2!
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

I believe Wang Liqin's combi is quite hard...
H2!

yeah...and the HK is also a lot STIFF and HARD, so....what about the softness on their blades that ppl talk about? LOL
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 10:17am
Well he puts like so much glue the rubber sponge is soft~~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 10:57am

If they choose to play with hurricane, which is a looping rubber rather than a smashing blade, their blades need more dwell time. wood blades are softer than ex. carbon blades, so they offer more dwell time, and therefore suits their looping game.

Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

hard chinese rubbers work better with allwood blades.

Thats the answer, plain and simple.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 10:40pm
to me hard rubbers like hurricane are better for smashing and spinny loops (not those powerful ones)
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 2:22am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Ok bbkon, first you can look at any picture of her back then, and pictures were published on fotop of her paddle, maybe you should go look at them~

i trust my eyes and i saw zhang from 3 feet when talking to a journalist
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 2:26am

how about kong linghui...?

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by T h e N A M T h e N A M wrote:

how about kong linghui...?

his blade only has arylate carbon in his backhand. His forehand is still all wood.
Butterfly Viscaria
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

to me hard rubbers like hurricane are better for smashing and spinny loops (not those powerful ones)
  I don't know.  You should check out Wang Liqin. Wink
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 7:56pm

yeah, watch him. His loops arent spinny at all.

the reason he has so much power is because his technique is so perfect that he is able to add plenty of power as well as the awesome spin he has.
Butterfly Viscaria
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

If they choose to play with hurricane, which is a looping rubber rather than a smashing blade, their blades need more dwell time. wood blades are softer than ex. carbon blades, so they offer more dwell time, and therefore suits their looping game.

Well, Hurricane is certainly more of a looping rubber rather than a smashing blade.....Sleepy
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 9:02pm
faen...
Butterfly Viscaria
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 9:08pm
^^
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 9:49pm
well I thought hard rubbers are better for smashing and soft rubbers are better for looping?

Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

Well, Hurricane is certainly more of a looping rubber rather than a smashing blade.....Sleepy
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 11:33pm
kong did used a composite blade but only on one side the other side has no carbon arylate layer
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic