FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[haggisv] Best of Brand series - Joola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [haggisv] Best of Brand series - Joola
    Posted: 07/20/2008 at 7:51pm

As the last thread on the "best of brand - Butterfly" seemed quite succesful, I'll continue onto the next brand: Joola.

What we're after here is opinions on what are the best rubbers/blades from this particular brand. It would be great to get as many opinions as possible about which you think are notable/special products from the particular brand, and a brief reason why. It's not about finding out which is THE most popular, but about finding a range of rubbers/blades from that manufacturer which are good and stand out a little.

This can be useful and interesting for anyone to find out a little about a brand, and can be particularly helpful to those that only have access to one or 2 brands, or have a personal preference to a particular brand.

I will also run it at the other major forums, and after a week or 2 I'll compile the list and summarise the comments. Then we can start on the next brand.

Brand of this thread: Joola

[Brands covered already: Butterfly]

Cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 9:41pm
hmm Joola aye?

In China, it's definately the K5,
but personally I'd say the KOOL!, Sting, and the Viva.

The KOOL! provide excellent feeling for an incredably fast blade,
the Sting and the Viva are 7 ply blades that aren't hard as a rock.

Oh, I almost forgot! TANGO EXTREM!!! IMO, the Joola rubbers went downhill after that.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 9:46pm
Take a look at the bottom of this page...........................Do I need to say more?
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 9:58pm
Mambo H should really be there, great rubber!

The Joola Samba and the regular Mambo are also really popular..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 11:17pm
Tango and tango extreme are my definite favouries too... the Kool seems like a great balsa blade... have not tried any of the others...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
djef33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djef33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 12:41am

The Joola rosskopf fire is an incredible blade for looping. pretty fast and amazing touch.
DragonSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:55am
Cool Kool blade!
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:57am
DS and his KOOOOOOL blade, ive played with it  abit, feels awesome man
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 1:37pm
I believe the EGP should be one of the best products of Joola, based on my experience but also many opinions I have seen in the forums. Initially in the market it was priced at $35, but currently it is found $45+, which is a bit overpriced. If the price drops it could be a hit, but I think now other newer products have probably similar performance.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:34pm
I second that
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 5:08pm
The Kool does feel awesome, it's like holding Excaliber or something, it just feels very special, but it's freakin fast :P. Do they make a slightly slower Balsa? similar to the Kool?

I have the Rosskopf Force, It plays like any other fast carbon blade all be it a very high quality one
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 6:01pm

I really don't like the Rosskopf Fire. Imo it has no feeling at all! (I have owned 2 of the first type, and have one of the new type now)

But the Rosskopf Allround deserves a place on the list I think..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 9:15pm
Sorry for not being able to contribute to this thread based on my own experience.  But seeing my club members who use Joola, most of them use Joola MC-1 with Energy Green Power on FH.  One member particularly has MC-1 with EGP on FH and short pips on BH.  This set-up is very light, but fast.

Just curious, what is the Joola equivalent to the likes of Korbel, OC, Dicon, etc. (basic 5-ply wood with medium speed)?
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 9:22pm

im selling this joola k1 for cheap, similar to the blade type you are describing

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19560&PN=1

BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
phantagarow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

I really don't like the Rosskopf Fire. Imo it has no feeling at all! (I have owned 2 of the first type, and have one of the new type now)

But the Rosskopf Allround deserves a place on the list I think..

Just curious. If you don't like it why did you have three?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 12:45am
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

What do you think about Joola pricing?

It seems to be distributed very well, most countries seem to be good access...

Cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 5:12am
1) table tennis tables - really good high quality tables (22mm table top), better than stiga but is more expensive.
2) Tango/Tango extrem - probably the first and most widely used built in tensor rubber
3)R1/MC1 - good quality balsa blades and affordable.
4) Terminator - one of my all time faves, not really popular. Works really well with couple layers of speed glue and in 2.6mm sponge thickness.
5) Air Rosnet - hehe spelt tensor backwards , really good rubber and very fast. Not popular.

....well regards on Joola and there prices. They charge too much on there products especially on there rubber products. EG Tango Extrem, Octopus.... LOL Octopus IMO greatly resembles the P1-R and yet they still charge almost double, and where we are the tango is still the same price from when it still came out but the Desto F1 has drop in price. Not sure why the german company doesn't compete more with pricing though?, if they did than it would rival the Jap companies.

Ginko Tai Kim

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 6:28am
Cheers Ginko, great detail!

Gekogark1212: You mentioned the K5... do you know anything about this blade... technology sounds impressive but does it work?Tongue
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 2:05am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Gekogark1212: You mentioned the K5... do you know anything about this blade... technology sounds impressive but does it work?Tongue

All that mumbo-jumbo honeycomb technology does is decrease the weight and vibrations, and offering a unique feeling (like P700, 1-ply hinoki, Acoustic..each a unique feeling, some swear by it, some swear at it)...although the handle is nice ^_^

I can tell you amongst the not-so-famous brands, the K5 and the Samsonov Alpha gets mentioned the most in Chinese forums and magazines...mainly because they are well balanced (not too fast, good control, does everything well) type of blades.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 2:32am
Cheers for that!

Wish I could read the chinese forums, I bet there's a wealth of information there!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 4:02am
You don't need to read the Chinese forums for that. You just have to read the Manufacture's description about the product. The manufactures bring out products after doing quality control and approval from world top players who knows the game well.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 7:59am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

You don't need to read the Chinese forums for that. You just have to read the Manufacture's description about the product. The manufactures bring out products after doing quality control and approval from world top players who knows the game well.

I can't think of many chinese rubbers that actually have a useful description on the back of the packet or anywhere else... virtually all the description is pure marketing and making it sound like the best rubber in the worldConfused

Anyway... I'm digressing... back to Joola...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Oh dear. You actually believe all that marketing crap?
Potato Face
djef33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djef33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 11:10am

The rosskopf fire no feel !!!
I understand that everything is a matter of opinion but this one blow me away. I think it is the best feel of any blade i've tried. We cannot possibly talk about the same one.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 12:31pm

I can't think of many chinese rubbers that actually have a useful description on the back of the packet or anywhere else... virtually all the description is pure marketing and making it sound like the best rubber in the worldConfused

Anyway... I'm digressing... back to Joola...

Remind me to type you out the back of the packet from the original Yaska Gold Tornado tomorrow. Fair enough it might have been the best rubber out in it's time but the text on the packet is CLASSIC, very funny stuff :)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 6:27pm
Yes some of the description are actually very funny... In fact we should start a new thread asking for the funniest descriptions on the back or rubber... should bring out some good one Approve
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

All that mumbo-jumbo honeycomb technology does is decrease the weight and vibrations, and offering a unique feeling (like P700, 1-ply hinoki, Acoustic..each a unique feeling, some swear by it, some swear at it)...although the handle is nice ^_^

I can tell you amongst the not-so-famous brands, the K5 and the Samsonov Alpha gets mentioned the most in Chinese forums and magazines...mainly because they are well balanced (not too fast, good control, does everything well) type of blades.

I remember reading old Joola catalog.  It said that K-series are best seller.  I think they used to have K1, K3, K4, K5.  Amazingly enough, for those included in the best seller series, only K5 is still being offered in the current Joola catalog.  It might mean that K5 is really good, or it might mean that other K-series are so-so, only K5 is acceptable.

Geko, how does K5 play?  Is it, in anyway, similar to Samsonov Alpha?

In my club, like I mentioned before, MC-1 rules!!!  Have not seen anyone use Kool, although it is talked a lot here.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 9:38pm
Cheers doraemon!

I get the impresson that Joola balsa blades are easily their most popular. Perhaps this is not surprising as many other manufacturer don't actually make thick balsa blades... even Butterfly did not have till recently with the X3 and X5.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 1:11am
I'm actually suprised more people don't use blasa blades, the best player where I live (Western Victoria) uses a balsa blade without speed glue.  And so do I but it's not a very common choice for some reason. Maybe it's because they feel different most people give up on them before they get used to it
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 6:50am
Quite a few players where I am used to use balsa blades. My coach (top o40s vet) gave up on his because it's too bouncy over the table. I gave up on mine because it tended to stall from long distance.
Potato Face
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic