Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Make Blade Head Heavy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 2:46am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

dear peter79,

one day I asked Fan Yiyong (Chinese Junior #1 20 years ago and #1 in US right now --> look http://dnn.yiyongfan.com ) if he prefers  the cennter of gravity of the paddle being toward the head (head heavy) or the handle (seems lighter). He answered "I prefer balance". I thought I did not asked my question right so I tried again asking what's better for him (another way) and he just said "...balance".

Reminder:
Looping like a mad(wo)man? head heavy is better
short game? control? placement? handle heavy is better

Fan Yiyong is #1 is US and was Junior #1 in China when he was a teen and he prefers balance.

That should tells us a bit about what's best in a paddle.

He just wants BOTH...and that means no head heavy; no handle heavy. Just...balance.

That's true, I agree with your advice Smile
Since I get used to play with 185 gr setup, suddenly changed to my borko setup which is only 172 gr, I feel difficult to loop underspin ball.
My timing is too fast due to lighter setup which cause my arm speed move faster before the ball bounce LOL.
Yeah maybe I'll try to play with it for several weeks without changing with heavier setup.
My Borko 5 ply is light, but fast and springy. I'm used to play with Acoustic which is not to fast. Not only difference in weight but characteristic also.
I'll start playing with it and see whether it's suitable for my playing style or not. If not, just store it as an antique blades Wink.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 3:26am
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

He's talking about the balance. An extra 2g in the head will be noticably more head heavy, since the further away you add the weight the more pronounced its effect.

Well, probably so if the added weight is toward the tip of the blade head, such as sticking lead tape on the upper half of the blade's edge.

But he was saying he glued the rubber with rubber cement so weight increase 2 gr and could feel the weight increase. I for one, don't see anyone could feel the 2gr difference/difference in the overall setup.

I guess I just have different opinion that's all. I mean, if Peter says he could and insists on that, that's up to him.
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 5:19am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

My Borko 5 ply is light, but fast and springy. I'm used to play with Acoustic which is not to fast. Not only difference in weight but characteristic also.
I'll start playing with it and see whether it's suitable for my playing style or not. If not, just store it as an antique blades Wink.

Are you kidding me? Acoustic is not too fast??? it's fast as hell, at least for me.. :P

Hope it works out for you and the Borko. If not, I'll take the Borko off you if i have the chance to try and like it Peter.. Wink
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic