Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Avenger Blade Series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 11:40am
The Adidas alignment marks are useful when you have to change or reglue rubbers.  So if you line them up on the first glue/cut.....the rubbers can be put back on that specific blade with out too much off center alignment.  

Personally, I have a little trick way to align my rubbers perfectly when regluing no matter what match up of blade and rubbers your using.....as long as they are sized close to each other. 

Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:25pm
I've been messing around with an Adidas setup for a week now. R6 and P5 on a V1.5. I really like the positioning thing - helps a bit when swapping rubbers around. Probably looks a bit gimmicky because they've used the adidas logo, but I still think it's a cool idea. 

If I remember correctly, the new Xiom stuff is coming with positioning markers as well, so maybe it's catching on. 

Ps - P5 is really good. Very impressed, but early days.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 9:44am
these blades are now available at  http://schoeler-micke.tabletennis-shop.de/en/Blades/
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2012 at 10:06pm
wow, great pictures of the blade Yogi.  I'll read the rest of the review later tonight as my bedtime story.  Thinking about getting one to play with it.  Do you know where I can buy a penhold version?

Thanks!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 12:36am
try this taiwanese website. this is the main supplier of adidas in asia https://www.tabletennistime.com.tw/Index.php
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 3:10am
Adidas has really marketed the Avengers series really well, particularly with the close up shots. The handle is very nice looking. Is the Avenger 7 any way similar to the Stiga Rosewood NCTM 7? Can you compare these two yogi? Thanks
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 8:37pm
liulin, you mean maple wood 7 nct? they are a bit different. the maplewood 7 is a bit slower. the speed of the av 7 is more or less equal to the ebenholz 7 but iwth a better feel

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 8:47pm
Hi Yogi,

No I meant Rosewood NCT 7.  I really like the feel and the power/speed of the blade, so I'm hoping either one of the Avenger series will match up well enough to the Rosewood 5 or 7.  I've played with Ebenholz 7 before, not quite fond of it as it is lacking a bit more speed that I was looking for.  If you can give me more insights to the comparison between the AV 7 and the Rosewood 7 or 5, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 8:51pm
I came to this thread hoping there would be an Iron Man and a Thor blade (amongst the others)... I leave disappointed Cry
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 8:59pm
av 7 is faster than rw 7 or 5, they have different feels and the av 7 vibrates less. both the r5 and 7 has a louder sound. feel wise i would give it to the r5. the av 7 has sort of a soft feel in some shots but when you use medium power you can see it has more solid shots than the r5 or r7

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 9:12pm
thanks!  Just the kind of info that I'd need to persuade myself at buying one.  Do you know how much it will cost for the AV 7?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2012 at 9:17pm
about 79 euros i think, the prices from the av 5, av7 and av carbon are as follows respecitively - 69, 79, 89 euros

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

I came to this thread hoping there would be an Iron Man and a Thor blade (amongst the others)... I leave disappointed Cry

I hope Adidas has a Hulk blade (with the green handle) for sale before the next Avengers 2 movie.
A hard, stiff blade to SMASH!!!!!  Nuke
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 1:17am
Hi Yogi,
Could you compare Av7 Carbon to other well known blades like TBS, Donic Ovtcharov (Wosik) Senso Carbon, Joola Viva, please? Av5 to Stiga Allround NCT? Thx.
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 9:27am
wow thats a lot hehehe anyway

av 7 is really a fast blade, it is faster than the TBS, slower than the wosik, faster than the viva. its also heavier but with more solid feel on harder shots. also a bit heavier than those mentioned.
AV 5 is like a thicker Ma lin extra offensive and is faster than the all around nct

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

I hope Adidas has a Hulk blade (with the green handle) for sale before the next Avengers 2 movie.
A hard, stiff blade to SMASH!!!!!  Nuke

And it has an audio component that says "HULK SMASH!" every time you smash the ball. LOL
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 2:29pm
And only imagine how sexy a Black Widow blade would look! Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

And only imagine how sexy a Black Widow blade would look! Tongue

hnnnnnnnnng!

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 5:41pm
Avenger 5 looks like Ma lin Extra Offensive. Is it faster than YE Offensive?
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2012 at 8:15pm
yes it is faster. its a bit thicker

frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 8:20am
Hi men, can you compare avenger carbon to Bty TBS ?

Edited by frenchy - 07/15/2012 at 8:23am
Adidas Hypertouch / M2 / Tenzone SF
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 7:26pm
about the same speed for both blades. more woody feeling than the TBS but a lil bit heavier also.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2012 at 4:16am
cpen are available at nexy.com, iruiru.com and tabletennistime.com.tw

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2012 at 9:17am
Seriously, how come Chen Weixing isn't sponsored by Butterfly ? As far as I know they are the only brand in TT that produces underwear.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 4:19pm
Hi, yogi_bear,
Is Avenger 7 solid? I am interested in getting one.

Thank you

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 7:04pm
avenger 7 is a solid hard hitting 7 ply all wood blade. its the fastest avenger blade in the series. 

W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

avenger 7 is a solid hard hitting 7 ply all wood blade. its the fastest avenger blade in the series. 

Thanks. On a scale of 1-10, how stiff is Avenger 7?

I appreciate it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 7:51pm
i say its an 8. it has walnut outer plies and it hits solidly

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

updated with review for Avenger 7

how is avenger 7 compared to challenge speed?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 9:44pm
the avenger 7 is stiffer and faster. the control on the challenge speed is better

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic