Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 80-FX coming...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 1:59pm
Undefeatable logic, obviously. Once 80fx is out, no doubt I'll be looking for something in that gap between it and 05fx. And so on, in sequence, until my inevitable bankruptcy.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:18pm
is there a single top 100 player that uses any kind of FX? 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:26pm
Me. I'm easily top 100 on my street.

Rumours are Zhang Zike and Yan An are using 05fx these days...
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I've talked with a few 2000 - 2200 players that tried T-80 and none of them liked it
Eugene Wang plays with T80 but he isn't really between 2000-2200. Wink
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:45pm
See Matt...that's the problem...Eugene is above 2200. He would probably play great with just about any decent rubber. The people I talked with that tried T80 said it had a lack of spin and just didn't do anything great that the other Tenergy rubbers do. Anyway...that's just what they told me.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:45pm

I've talked with a few 2000 - 2200 players that tried T-80 and none of them liked it so I'm guessing the FX version won't be a good rubber either.

T80 is gaining popularity as a BH rubber among some high level players.  I saw a lot of players a lot better than 2000-2200 using it on BH on my last trip to Germany about a year ago.  I tried it after seeing that and I like it a lot on that side,have been using it since then, but don't like it very much on FH.  It is a bit deader than T05, but it can still generate plenty of spin.  The only way to know how it would behave in FX is to try it.  As with any rubber.  (Better information comes from trying it than "talking to a few guys").  I am not optimistic about the outcome of FX on a T80 topsheet, though.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:52pm
It has good spin. It lacks the big arc of 05, but has better close game handling. Lacks a bit of 05 attacking potential, gives a little short game control in return.

If people like 05, and are happy with (or just used to) it's spin sensitivity, then they won't see the point if 80 at all   
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:53pm

See Matt...that's the problem...Eugene is above 2200. He would probably play great with just about any decent rubber.

Yes. But since he's semi-pro, his sports career depends on optimization. I'm pretty sure he's not just agnostic on rubber choice given that he has more incentive and more at stake (than we do) to select the best possible one for his game.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

For some time now Kreanga has been playing with 05-FX on his backhand. But his backhand is really really bad, so no need to pay attention to that Big smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

For some time now Kreanga has been playing with 05-FX on his backhand. But his backhand is really really bad, so no need to pay attention to that Big smile
he is philosophically dumbing down his bh with 05fx to match his other strokes and have an homogeneous game; smartest player around! 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 7:49pm
Now I have no doubt... T80 FX is coming to town...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Ha! There is no way you can have power or mid distance game on 3000 level with that sponge! It sux, although in its defense its probably the best soft sponge on the market. All others totally blow : ). Still, soft sponges are like trying to kill somebody with a pillow. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 12:33am

Ha! There is no way you can have power or mid distance game on 3000 level with that sponge! It sux, although in its defense its probably the best soft sponge on the market. All others totally blow : ). Still, soft sponges are like trying to kill somebody with a pillow. 

You can put a hammer behind the pillow. I'd use the Photino or Iolite Neo for fire power with the T80-FX.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 2:47am
To answer an earlier question, Mizutani uses T80 on his BH. 

Either Yan An or ZJK, Kai Zhang, Kreanga, people with great backhands and use 05FX. 
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 3:04am

Well ZJK and Yan An don't play that much BH from mid-distance et don't play that much with power on the BH either (relatively to their level) so no problem for them. Also there is a chance that a pro using FX sponge selects a not so soft sponge just a bit softer than the usual Tenergy sponge. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 5:00am
No doubt Butterfly will continue to cash in on the Tenergy name, making a variant for every possible style of play. I predict there will be a Short Pimple Tenergy within 2 years time.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 5:15am

You have a long-established, strange mental block about soft sponges.  You can get plenty of power with them.  They just behave differently than harder sponges, and have their good and bad qualities, like anything.

Personally, I don't care in the slightest what the top 100 are using.  I only care what works for me, and I've used soft sponges on the BH side for a long time.  I hit hard and flat, and they suit me.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 5:24am
In modern TT, the best game is to prevent an attack from opponent while you spend as less effort as good, IMHO.
And Tenergy 05FX does it very well, esp in Chinese BH new style. The ball drops off so close to the net and kick down quickly, causes no time for a FH loop-drive at BH side.
Tenergy 64 is good but it brings the ball a bit longer and easier for op to do a loop kill.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

No doubt Butterfly will continue to cash in on the Tenergy name, making a variant for every possible style of play. I predict there will be a Short Pimple Tenergy within 2 years time.

In fairness, they are less guilty of this than most other manufacturers.  How many forms of Xiom Omega exist?  And Hexer?  And Boost?  And Calibra?  What is the difference between Evolution and Aurus, really? 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 2:39am
Yes very true.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

In fairness, they are less guilty of this than most other manufacturers.  How many forms of Xiom Omega exist?  And Hexer?  And Boost?  And Calibra?  What is the difference between Evolution and Aurus, really? 

You are correct in other cases but Evo and Aurus are quite different rubbers imho. Evo has distinctly more pronounced kick and is heavier if I am not mistaken.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 10:43am
Yes but Evo and Aurus are more similar than T25 and T64
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 2:42am

Bty needs to come up with a new sponge. MX or something. Reg can be a bit hard for BH, but the FX sponge is total crap. It's a totally different product, much lower quality. It is too soft and no throw. I need something that in hardness is between the reg and the FX. For now for BH i need to get the reg and tune it with just 1 layer to soften a little but i hate tunning cos its not consistent and make the rubber so heavy.

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 2:43am
... from the "best" to "total crap"

lol
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 4:36am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

lol

It's all or nothing. You have to admire his conviction.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 7:40am

Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

lol

It's all or nothing. You have to admire his conviction.

That's the libertarian in him - most of us see shades of grey, he sees things as black or white.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:36am
lol. do libertarians go from one extreme to the other on the same issue?
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:38am
That's a very silly generalization and we should leave politics out of this forum.  

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

That's a very silly generalization and we should leave politics out of this forum. 

who are you directing this towards? 
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:52am
Sorry, I meant to quote NextLevel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic