FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

PPH's Yinhe 40+ Plastic Ball (SEAMLESS) Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 1:24am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Last night the Yinhe lady confirmed my deduction.  They are made smaller within the acceptable range than the blue box version, requiring a little closer spec. 

I really like them, and players in several clubs raved over them.  One 2000 guy in San Louis Obispo club  really did.

That's interesting.  Yinhe had a table at the Nationals and I asked the guy there about the red and blue boxes.  He said that they were the same ball, but that the red box balls were simply designated for the U.S. market while the blue were overseas.  

Have you measured any of the red and blue boxed balls?

I should have bought some while I was there.

Edited by wturber - 07/17/2016 at 1:27am
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 1:38am
If it was just that, it would be pretty sinister to charge an extra 20% for them.  I don't have calipers or anything.  My eyes aren't that good I suppose to use a ruler. Nor do I have sensitive enough scales.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

If it was just that, it would be pretty sinister to charge an extra 20% for them.  I don't have calipers or anything.  My eyes aren't that good I suppose to use a ruler. Nor do I have sensitive enough scales.

Well,maybe not as bad as "sinister."  I keep in mind that good companies like Nittaku actually stocked and sold some rather horrible seamed 40+ balls from China and kept a straight face while doing so.  That was sinister.  ;^)

Counter help isn't necessarily any more reliable than official company communications.  So you could well be right.  I have digital calipers and will order some of the red balls and compare them.  I hope your info is what turns out to be correct.  If so, it may show a trend toward makers converging on a narrower range of  ball characteristics.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 1:11am
Rereading the email, she said they were lighter.  Lighter might mean smaller diameter but not necessarily I guess.  

If they were to pick out the lighter ones from the batch and sell them for a little more, I probably wouldn't mind paying for them.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 3:39am
Words from a taobao seller. The S in S40+ means Super. It is the fourth generation of seamless ball. Durability increase by 10%. Heat resistance increase by 15 degree which means it can resist heat better during transportation by sea. For now only contracted agents oversea can stock and sell the red stars, and although it is freely available in China, the supply is quite limited at this time. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 9:03am
Because of course Taobao sellers are the ultimate authority and are famous for their truthfulness and reliability.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Words from a taobao seller. The S in S40+ means Super. It is the fourth generation of seamless ball. Durability increase by 10%. Heat resistance increase by 15 degree which means it can resist heat better during transportation by sea. For now only contracted agents oversea can stock and sell the red stars, and although it is freely available in China, the supply is quite limited at this time. 
1.5x for 10% more DeadDeadDeadDead
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 12:17pm
they're not 1.5x.  They're a cost of 4.0 rmb vs 3.4

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 1:03pm
Taobao price of a box of 6 red S40+ is 45RMB andl blue is 30RMB so they are really costing 1.5x more in their home land. 

Edited by TurboZ - 07/18/2016 at 1:09pm
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Because of course Taobao sellers are the ultimate authority and are famous for their truthfulness and reliability.

Not words from taobao seller's mouth to be exact but probably some excerpts from official announcement perhaps. I see many sellers post the same info in their listing but no mention of where they are from. Anyway I believe only Yinhe themself can give out such detail scientific figures. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 1:32pm
I just reconfirmed with Yinhe. A different signature this time within the same email thread.

I certainly feel it different. Bes said okc guys thought better. They'd been using blue box, as had I.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic