Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2007 Grand Finals videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2007 at 5:31am
Japanese becoming good enough to beat the Chinese... That is the funniest thing I ever heard. Chinese are light years ahead of every other country right now including Korea, which is #2. There is just way too big of a gap between the Chinese and non-chinese.

About the juniors - they are important, as the future belongs to them - we can review some results from the ITTF world junior championships. These events do not heavily favor the Chinese, at least do not seem to be as much as in the current world ranking. For some examples, some recent years ago Pat Baum(Germany) and Miz Jun(Japan) were in the finals where neither of them are Chinese. In this year where the competition was held in Palo Alto, California, Chinese team bearly survived France 3-2 and Jeong Sang Eun(Korean) won boys singles overcoming Xu Ruifeng(China) from 2-0 down in the final. 

And about the Chinese imports; I am going to start - unless someone else does first - another thread on this subject because I think it's interesting and would like to hear what people think. Btw, the French player from the world junior championship doesn't look like most people from Europe. He looks like he is from Africa.

Sponsored Links

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2007 at 5:37am
Lets put it this way, you can not bar any immigrant from representing after the alotted four years. So until such a law is passed, any arguments for banning immigrant representation is mute.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2007 at 5:40am
At Goodluck Beijing, olympic games test event, Somsonov lost to a 20-year-old Korean player, Lee Jin Kwon, Ryu SM's double partner. Does he have potential? Sure. Will he beat the Chinese anytime soon? Probably not.
NT Wright View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NT Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2007 at 12:41pm

Jun Mizutani is very talented.  He needs to contend with Ma long though.  The two are probably just a year apart in age.  Their ratings were once very close until Ma Long's rating shot up like a rocket while Mizutani's progress was slower.  Also, the recent Juniors champion has a rating of 11228 July of 2007.  Xu was not even close at that time.  But come December, the gap is very close.  Still, had Xu won, it would have been considered an upset.

My point is that in terms of ratings, the Chinese improve by leaps and bounds while the rest progress slowly.  Just take a look at the rating history of the French junior team. 

I am not saying that the Chinese will dominate with the recent crop of juniors.  Who knows, Ma Long might be exceptional.  Other Chinese players may hit a plateau and begin to improve slowly.  The players of other countries may suddenly become so dominating with their skill and power (just look at Roger Federer's rise.  It could perhaps be possible in table tennis too) But if rating change is any indication of progress, the rest of the world has yet to catch up with the rate of change of the young Chinese players. 
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2007 at 8:43pm
i agree with a lot of your opinions. 

you see the chinese have a good transition program from jnrs to snr international level.  they invest a lot of effort and money on this program and important phase. you see they give a lot of jnrs international exposures, league matches and competition with the snrs who are well exposed, and pick out the good ones. that way the can retire guo liang and klh early as they have many jnrs to take up there place. not importing foreign players.

take an example of sweeden.  they don't have a good transition program. they relied too long on aging players like waldner, perssons and kalsson. they were after present winning and never thought of the future. they never saw the need to develop new players so their program died. i mean dead for at least twenty or more years.

so this is the reason for not importing chinese players to win medals. you have to spend money on developing players by having a strong program. it is expensive but it will yield dividends in future.

manluski
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 3:24pm
   well players like liu gl and klh decided to retire by themselves,klh would have not played 2003 wttc if the ctta woouldnt have done something special (like a black ferrari)
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2008 at 2:38am
Ma Lin vs Wang Hao, 6th game was the most obvious training game ive ever seen
free2phone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free2phone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 5:28pm
Hi All,

I always download the games from www.bokett.com, please try it, there are lots of games there, almost everything. But make sure you have enough space on your computer.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 1:21am
Is their an English section?lol  I can;t read any of it, but would like to download some videos.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
CP/JP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CP/JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 7:28pm
anyone with videos from the recent Slovenian Open? (only some of them are available on ttlive.tv)
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Nittaku Excellent AAA
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha
Jepoyako View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jepoyako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2008 at 2:35am
Thanks for all the awesome vids!< id="jajah">span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }
I like Twinkies!
sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2008 at 1:30am
Hi
very much thanks to fixpoint for bringing us the video.
HeartHeart
blueflyer_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueflyer_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2008 at 4:11am
hi fixpoint . why i can't download videos ? (needs code)
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2008 at 11:33am
Are you talking about that box in the upper right corner? THere 3 etters next to it that input.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2008 at 2:36pm
i dont think if mizutani beats chen qi the you can sya the boy is good. what if chen qi couldnt sleep well that nite, chen qi is known to be unstable

the way karlson beat mizutani in 2005 wttc he s no talented enuff unless ur  are fanboi, has mizutani got in any last 8 tournament, i dont think so, i bet a titanium blade that japan will buy other ex chn player. mario amizic will not coach  japan this worlds
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2008 at 8:38pm
Mizutani is talented and a good player and so is Chen Qi.  Chen plays at a higher level than Mizutani and gets superior coaching so it would take some pretty good skill to get through him or any other chinese.  Mizutani does play much better against asian style players vs japanese though, i've noticed that so i'm not surprised that he lost to karlsson.  And don't forget right before Karlsson he beat Chuan Chi Yuan in a very good match.  Mizutani has made it to the semis before in a tournament by the way.  The chances of Japan importing a chinese player is great, just like many other countries around the world. Once Mizutani gets the Europeans figured out though he'll be tough to beat.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic