FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2008 China Open (Volkswagen) videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 7:08pm
"Maybe he actually reads the posts of this forum...!" Nonsense!

Maybe some members of this forum can "read" the obvious when they see players "struggling" with new additions to their game. Even # 1 rated players.

PingPangQiu
"But the fact that you said Wang Hao would sooner eliminate this serve, I just think is just a generalisation of your 70MB downloaded video of the Kurwait open Wang Hao VS Samsonov"

"I am pretty darn sure that we know very minimal compared to what they know."

"Do you want to coach him? You seem to be better than Liu Guoliang"

YEO

Boost TP
Sponsored Links

zendude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zendude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 7:11pm

Anyone has Ma Long and Wang Hao?  Please please post.  Thank you!

Michael Maze
Plasma
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 9:14pm

i add my name to the list of people who want that ma long/wang hao vid.

i, too, saw it the other day and i totally regret i didn't tape it!!!

somebody please post it!!  Fix, where are you???
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

i add my name to the list of people who want that ma long/wang hao vid.

i, too, saw it the other day and i totally regret i didn't tape it!!!

somebody please post it!!  Fix, where are you???
The only reason I didn't tape it was because Sopcast did not work that nightCry and the PPrecorder program can't tape TVUplayer anymore. Anyone know what program can record TVUplayer ( better with a timer) would be very much appreciated!!
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 9:47pm

Ahhh....I see I wasnt the only one who couldnt use Sopcast that night, I had to use TVUplayer also to watch it.

who no know go know
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

The last game between WangH and WangLQ was a bit strange. It seems that WangLQ kind of just gave up for some reason and did not even try even though the score was close til the end.
I am not saying.. but maybe he got an order to lose? Or, maybe it was his strategy to change the timing and flow to sneak one in?

It just seemed unusual to me.

they are rushing to the airport for the charity show, therefore he just play fast, as they were very behind time
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 10:16pm

I think I just saw a segment, they were singing some song. Who was singing with them?

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 10:17pm
"The only reason I didn't tape it was because Sopcast did not work that nightCry and the PPrecorder program can't tape TVUplayer anymore. Anyone know what program can record TVUplayer ( better with a timer) would be very much appreciated!!"

oh, i tape the old-fashioned way--my computer is hooked up to my VCR...

i was half-asleep and didn't feel like getting up to walk over to the vcr to put in a tape.  how's that for laziness!!!

anyhow, i figured somebody was gonna post it so i didn't bother with it...

Stonebox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 2:39am

"The only reason I didn't tape it was because Sopcast did not work that nightCry and the PPrecorder program can't tape TVUplayer anymore. Anyone know what program can record TVUplayer ( better with a timer) would be very much appreciated!!"  ...    anyhow, i figured somebody was gonna post it so i didn't bother with it...

I had the same problem last Saturday and I watched via TvKoo ... but I don't know if you can tape those from TvKoo ... may be there is a way via KeepVid.com ... ??
TT4fun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT4fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 7:22am
Hi all

Zendude, Takaai (pardon me for spelling out your nic wrong)   and I and I am sure the rest of the world who didn't have the chance to witness the match of the decade bt Ma Long and Wang Hao would really love to watch this match, anyone out there who has this vid please put it up. Fixpoint, where are you?

PS: there's a reward for whoever puts this vid up first! :)
Jonathan
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 9:28am
Originally posted by jctlee jctlee wrote:

The only reason I didn't tape it was because Sopcast did not work that nightCry�and the PPrecorder program can't tape TVUplayer anymore. Anyone know what program can record TVUplayer ( better with a timer) would be very much appreciated!!

I use Cool-Recorder, it has a timer.
YEO

Boost TP
Stonebox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 9:40am
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

The only reason I didn't tape it was because Sopcast did not work that nightCry and the PPrecorder program can't tape TVUplayer anymore. Anyone know what program can record TVUplayer ( better with a timer) would be very much appreciated!!

I use Cool-Recorder, it has a timer.

Great ! Thanks SPRITE !
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 10:57am
are you jp vansteenkiste?
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 11:08am

why does the Chinese comment say  FUKUHARA use Long Pips? on the 1st video

a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 12:07pm
Chinese commentary occasionally misinformed the rubber they used. some player have changed their rubber, yet they still comment as their old equipment.

Theoretically Ai did used feint long before, but she has changed to medium pip for a long time
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 4:58pm
She's using armstrong pips.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by a23096713 a23096713 wrote:

Chinese commentary occasionally misinformed the rubber they used. some player have changed their rubber, yet they still comment as their old equipment.Theoretically Ai did used feint long before, but she has changed to medium pip for a long time

I thought she used short pips.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by ErikaT ErikaT wrote:

The last game between WangH and WangLQ was a bit strange. It seems that WangLQ kind of just gave up for some reason and did not even try even though the score was close til the end.
I am not saying.. but maybe he got an order to lose? Or, maybe it was his strategy to change the timing and flow to sneak one in?

they are rushing to the airport for the charity show, therefore he just play fast, as they were very behind time

Rushing to the airport for charity show, so they had to cut the final of China Open short? LOL. Funniest thing I ever heard. Man, Chinese are Funny!!
LMAF
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 8:30am

Rushing to the airport for charity show, so they had to cut the final of China Open short? LOL. Funniest thing I ever heard. Man, Chinese are Funny!!
LMAF

I believe it was meant as a JOKELOL
loopdrive View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 10:52am

LMAF

I believe it was meant as a JOKELOL

No, it wasn't a joke. They had already booked tickets to fly back to Beijing to an earthquake charity show. They were running late. Therefore, they basically played 3 out of 5. This was why WLQ threw away the sixth game.

You know how much price money they won as a team? It was us$82,800. Liu Guoliang gave it all at the charity show. Also, most of the top chinese players chipped in extra rmb100,000 each from their own pockets. Clap

For me, I only gave C$10 to the charity box at a chinese mall. Ermm

Energy Wood
FH CJ8000 on Quattro 2.0 40
BH RITC 802-40 2.0 35
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 12:04pm
Nice!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

actually in 2003 fukuhara was on 563 ritc and 729 on forehand as posted by cn-tt.com
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

yeah, but that's an oversimplistic way of looking at it.

guo yue is a lefty who clearly has a problem with pips-out shots to her backhand side and that's why she lost to fukuhara and almost lost to fukuoka.  she almost got "fuku'd up twice!!"

even the top players have problems with pips.  it's counterintuitive and unpredictable (depending on the rubber).  so, if you go too long without playing against them, you'll forget what you're supposed to do and then some low player w/pips will come up and beat you.

I am a bit confused... Does Fukuhara play pips-out?

jimt i tried to download the tugwell-li ching match you posted and winrar said corrupted file and i tried 2 times to download( downloaded the 2 files  twice!!),,any idea?
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 2:56pm
yea i've noticed that MOST of the matches looked a bit rush.  ma lin was moving faster than usual.  ma lin jammed himself so many times against wang liqin, have you guys noticed that?
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

why does the Chinese comment say� FUKUHARA use Long Pips? on the 1st video

actually in 2003 fukuhara was on 563 ritc and 729 on forehand as posted by cn-tt.com

What pips does she use now? And its hard for me to believe she uses h3, maybe its nittaku h3?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 4:27pm

why does the Chinese comment say� FUKUHARA use Long Pips? on the 1st video

Do you have a link to the pictures?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 6:34pm

i was just checking the cctv5 schedule and apparently they are gonna show reruns of the china open tonight after midnight at 12:50 am (EST), that's 12:50 pm beijing time for those of you outside of north america.

it says "men's singles finals," but let's hope they'll show some of that ma long/wang hao semi!!  it goes on from 12:50 to 2:20.
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 7:13pm

i was just checking the cctv5 schedule and apparently they are gonna show reruns of the china open tonight after midnight at 12:50 am (EST), that's 12:50 pm beijing time for those of you outside of north america.

it says "men's singles finals," but let's hope they'll show some of that ma long/wang hao semi!!  it goes on from 12:50 to 2:20.

Please, you who have the ability to record, please do and post. My computer is going wacky right now!!!Cry
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 10:52pm
Have a big problem. Sopcast doesn't work tonight. TVU and PPlive don't have CCTV5 on their list anymore. What other options???
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 2:04am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

What pips does she use now? And its hard for me to believe she uses h3, maybe its nittaku h3?

i have the pic and the video somewhere, well if you dont believe me, now that you are a n uberfan of fukuhara you must know waht kindof undies she wears
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic