Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Chinese National Championships video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 11:10am
Many thanks Fixpoint!!!
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Fixpoint Fixpoint wrote:

MS-QF
Wang Liqin vs Zhu Zhou
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4K3W1EDE

Terrific! Thanks again!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 11:44am
MS-QF
Ma Long vs Hao Shuai
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ED3MT427

MD-F
Wang Liqin+Xu Xin vs Ma Ling+Zhang Chao
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FA0RIQ7N
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 1:59pm
Who else is in the MS - QF?

Wang Liqin vs Zhu Zhou

Ma Long vs Hao Shuai

and

............................. ?
Tibhar Defense Plus

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:12pm
WHich of these guys are penholders?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

WHich of these guys are penholders?

Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Xu Xin and Vladovich Big%20smile
Tibhar Defense Plus

Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 4:32pm

MT-QF Guangdong vs People's Liberation Army Match 1
Ma Lin vs Zhang Jike
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0VU4ZA9

MT-QF Guangdong vs People's Liberation Army Match 2
Zhang Chao vs Wang Hao
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZVV8S9J

MT-QF Guangdong vs People's Liberation Army Match 3
Jin Weixiong vs Lei Zhenhua
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07T7JUJR

Do you have the team final between PLA and Shandong as well?
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 11:36pm

MS-QF Ma Long vs Hao Shuaihttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=ED3MT427MD-F Wang Liqin+Xu Xin vs Ma Ling+Zhang Chaohttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=FA0RIQ7N

THAAANKSSSS
TBS ST 88gr
H3N National 40 deg 2.2mm
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 9:03am
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=16759&Category=General&Competition_ID=&
The Mind Boggles and Wen Jia Bewilders at Chinese National Championships
By: Ian Marshall, ITTF Publications Editor

Wen Jia the new Chinese National Women's Singles champion  Photo By: Courtesy of Steve Dainton

11/24/2008       

The toughest tournament in the world and there is only one country involved; that is the belief of many regarding the Chinese National Championships that are currently being staged in Zhang Jiagang, a city of one million people in Jiangsu Province, 100 kilometres west of Shanghai

It a city is renowned for its cleanliness and is regarded as being one of the most well kept towns in the country; a far cry from a sprawling metropolis, so much a feature of modern day urban life. Competition is intense, the Women�s Singles title has been decided and one player has caught the eye.

On Duty in Palo Alto
The name is Wen Jia, and she has certainly caught the eye of Steve Dainton, the Director of the ITTF Asia/Pacific Office in Beijing.

�Those of you in Palo Alto may remember her, a brilliant left hand shakehands grip attacker from both wings; last year at the World Junior Championship she was beaten in the final of the Girls� Singles event by compatriot Yang Yang�, said Dainton. �However, last night she was crowned Chinese National Champion; listed at no. 90 on the current World Ranking list, I get the feeling starting from next year we will see more from this highly talented 19 year old.�

Chilling Thought
He is undoubtedly correct and it is a chilling thought for the rest of the table tennis world when you consider she won with only Zhang Yining of the very elite being absent.

�In two gruelling matches she defeated other relatively young talents Liu Shiwen and Cau Zhen�, continued Dainton. �Guo Yue, LI Xiaoxia and Guo Yan were all in action; Guo Yan was the only one of the trio to reach the semi-finals, eventually losing to Cao Zhen.�

Pedigree Endorsed
It makes you gulp for breath and Steve Dainton endorsed the widely held view about the pedigree of the tournament.

�They say it�s the toughest event in the World to become champion�, he said. �When you see Li Xiaoxia, the current Women�s World no.1 really struggling to win her second round match and the rising stars in the Men�s Singles competing on equal terms against the Men�s Chinese National Team, including some as young as twelve years old, well then you know that comment is not far off the mark!�

The Mind Boggles
Over 290 players are present players from the various clubs throughout the country.

�It is a tournament for the best of the best�, said Dainton. �They are all here; it truly is a mind boggling event.�

Prove Worth
Furthermore, for those in the national team they must show that they deserve that status.

�Those in the National Team, while they are very tired from a gruelling year must still show that they deserve their position; meanwhile, there are more than 100 others who want to take their place�, continued Dainton. �It�s kind of mind boggling walking into the stadium which is tightly packed with 16 tables and one show court so the national broadcaster CCTV can go live; you are watching 290 players who could quite easily represent almost any other nation but most of who will never get a chance to participate in an international event.�

It is surely a sporting spectacle of sporting spectacles.

Good Question
�It�s my first time to ever visit the National Championships and it truly is a sight to see but there is a question that I can�t seem to get off my mind�, continued Dainton. �If China is so dominant and has been for so long why do I not see any foreign coaches here?�

A very good question and one which I must concur; if China is so strong why do other countries try alternative system and not just adapt the one that works?

Surprised
�Being so advanced in all areas of the game it kind of surprises me that there are not at least a few here to see who will be the next generation of Chinese Stars and learning what weapons they will need to defeat them�, said Steve Dainton. �It is the perfect opportunity to see what they are up against in the future with almost all the rising stars in action and the top officials here to see their next potential International stars.�

The only trouble is the solution to finding those weapons might be harder than looking for a needle in a haystack.

Names for the Future
�Nevertheless, it�s eight days of wall to wall and back to back action; some new stars have once again emerged and whom we will all surely see over a period of time�, concluded Dainton. �In the women don�t be surprised to see the name Wen Jia in the near future; the Men�s Singles follows and features Wang Hao, Wang Liqin, Ma Long but no Ma Lin; he was defeated by the up and coming Jiang Jike.

The Olympic champion but at the Chinese National Championships he is just another player; in Zhang Jiagang reputations count for naught.

Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 10:23am
MS-F
Zhang Jike vs Wang Hao
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CP0439O0
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 11:35am
and who was in the semi finals?
Tibhar Defense Plus

Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Who else is in the MS - QF?

Wang Liqin vs Zhu Zhou

Ma Long vs Hao Shuai

and

............................. ?

Wang Hao vs Chen Qi
Zhang Jike vs Ma Lin
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 12:06pm

Wang Hao vs Ma Long
Zhang Jike vs Wang Liqin
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 12:47pm

Wang Liqin vs Zhang Jike and Wang Hao vs. Chen Qi please.....

Also...for those of you who have watched quite a few of these matches...which of 'em are really worth watching the whole thing...not just the highlights?(really enjoyable)
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 12:51pm
Wang Hao vs. Zhang Jike was the best match I have ever seen and I have watched hundreds of matches. I have never seen Wang Hao pushed hard enough to play that high of level before. I still have goosebumps after watching that match.
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 1:47pm
yeah, that was an incredible match!!  i really like this zhang jike.  he looks like no. 1 material.  i hope the chinese team plays him in the pro tour next year, cuz i'd like to see how he does against the rest of the world as opposed to his teammates.

it's just amazing how good the players over there in china are.  how many people outside of china are able to push wang hao to the limit like zhang did?  none...
konakona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konakona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 2:28pm
it's insane yes, Zhang Jike is so ridiculously fast. It's funny how some people say that "china-china"-matches are boring, there are no other matches I enjoy watching more.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 3:00pm

"china-china" matches...  what they mean is when they play in int'l events.

cuz when they play in the super league or in the nat'ls or the team trials, both players are generally trying to win...

anyway, zhang looks like the real deal--he took out ma lin, wlq and wang hao. 
konakona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konakona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 3:35pm
Ok, one of the best matches I've ever seen is Wang liqin - Chen Qi in the WTTC 2005 (it helped that it was live though :P). The final in the WTTC 2007 between Ma lin and Wang liqin was amazing too. Ma long vs Wang Hao @ the swedish open..I could probably go on forever. Maybe i'm just blind, but I fail to see what they mean..
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 3:53pm
ma lin vs liu guozheng at wttc 05
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 4:11pm
Wang Hao lost another final Cry.

Tibhar Defense Plus

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 4:12pm
So, now, we are going back to Chinese Super League :D
Tibhar Defense Plus

unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 4:20pm
Hey you guys, too many SPOILERS!
Instinct 5ply
RITC 2000 1.8mm
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by sidofmillenium sidofmillenium wrote:

Wang Liqin vs Zhang Jike and Wang Hao vs. Chen Qi please.....

Also...for those of you who have watched quite a few of these matches...which of 'em are really worth watching the whole thing...not just the highlights?(really enjoyable)

yeah, i wanna see those, too.  hopefully, somebody has 'em...
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 5:00pm
I want to see Zhang Jike vs Ma Lin :(
Tibhar Defense Plus

jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 9:00pm
Today is the day I become a huge fan of Wen Jia! I am counting the days until she plays for China and become the world champ!
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2008 at 11:51pm

Wang Hao vs Ma LongZhang Jike vs Wang Liqin

like to see Zhang Jike vs Wang Liqin
TBS ST 88gr
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2008 at 1:07am
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

Today is the day I become a�huge fan of Wen Jia! I am counting the days until she plays for China and become the world champ!

zhang jike is the new kong
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2008 at 3:09am
who's in the thirdplace? Ma Long or WLQ?
TBS ST 88gr
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
goodserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2008 at 11:26pm
really admire the way zhang yike plays
neat backhand block and flip and fast counter spin ......ClapClap
deserved to winClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic