Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2Limba - ayous - 2Limba

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winterdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2Limba - ayous - 2Limba
    Posted: 11/03/2016 at 6:06am
Hi guys,

I love Clipper wood feel and sound but it is fast and weighty  for my taste. If I choose 2Limba - ayous - 2Limba blade does it meet my need? By the way I don't know whether any brand produces 2Limba - ayous - 2Limba blade.

Thank you guys.
Stiga Infinity
Fh: Bluefire M2

Bh: Evolution ELP
Sponsored Links

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 6:33am
Sound like Butterfly Petr korbel.

Edited by Tabmini - 11/03/2016 at 6:33am
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 8:19am
here you can find all blades with same composition:

Edited by garwor - 11/03/2016 at 8:22am
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 8:45am
How about the Stiga Allround Classic? It's basically a 5-ply Clipper that is slower and weighs less. 
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 8:53am
Why not Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba? It's not so heavy, feeling as in old Stiga blades and produce a very good spin. Look here a blade made by Levi whit that composition: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71371&PID=955168&title=handmade-blades-by-levi-made-in-romania#955168
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 11:50am
Itc challenge force or adidas challenge force
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

Why not Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba? It's not so heavy, feeling as in old Stiga blades and produce a very good spin.
Sorry, but this composition will play totally different to his Clipper Wood.

If he gives away the "7-ply-feeling" (which normally is a stiff feeling), he should use a little bit harder 5-ply blade.
Originally posted by Tabmini Tabmini wrote:

Sound like Butterfly Petr korbel.
This may be a good option for him.

My personal advice: try a blade with this composition: limba - koto - ayous - koto - ayous. Or you should try to find a lighter blade with clipper-composition like Nittaku Adelie.

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 1:42pm
DONIC Persson Seven is a very nice 7-ply blade, a bit softer and slower than Clipper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 4:23pm
Thanks guys, those who suggest 7 ply blades I don't like to play with 7 ply. But I admire the feel and sound of clipper. So I need 5 ply wood blade closest to clipper in terms of sound and feel. I don't think korbel is similar in terms of feel and sound. Also allround blades are way too slow for me. 

Adidas is out of market here. 

I am interested with xiom offensive s and xiom fuga. What do you think?

Edited by winterdrops - 11/03/2016 at 4:24pm
Stiga Infinity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2016 at 3:02pm
Any comment pls?
Stiga Infinity

Liquid Sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2016 at 5:42pm
The clipper has this stiff while quite soft feel. If you change to a 2 limba ayous 2 limba construction you will change to a medium hard feel.

The speed of both constructions greatly depends on the thickness. If you want to keep the clipper feel but need it slower you need to look for a 6-6.5 mm clipper style construction.
Nebula Custom Blades - Antique Wood
XIOM - Vega Pro (2,0 mm)
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 7:37pm
The XIOM Offensive S is close to the Korbel, and the Fuga is nowhere near the Clipper in terms of playing characteristics. I would actually suggest the XIOM Aria because it's thick and soft, like the Clipper.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 12:17am
Just order the itc challenge force,. it is exactly limba limba ayous and is a korbel variant. you can buy that in megaspin
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 2:21am
Ain't the regular force pro a good choice?
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 5:25pm
I don't wish 7 ply blades due to weight and control problem. And i tried nittaku latika as a different kind of clipper version, and it was totally different from clipper. It wasn't similar at all. Clipper is an exceptional blade in terms of feel and sound. I wish 5 ply blade as closesest as clipper possible.

Yogi itc doesn't exist here.
Stiga Infinity

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 6:14pm
Stratus Powerwood.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by winterdrops winterdrops wrote:

I don't wish 7 ply blades due to weight and control problem. And i tried nittaku latika as a different kind of clipper version, and it was totally different from clipper. It wasn't similar at all. Clipper is an exceptional blade in terms of feel and sound. I wish 5 ply blade as closesest as clipper possible.

Yogi itc doesn't exist here.

You can order thru megaspin

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 11:24pm
Blades with that composition are:
1.  Butterfly Korbel (the benchmark)
2.  Xiom Offensive S (a bit stiffer and a bit faster than Korbel, yet cheap)
3.  Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (stiffer and faster than Korbel, kind of cheap)
4.  Butterfly Primorac (I suggest Korbel as it is faster)
5.  Joola K5 (similar to Primorac)
and many other similar blades that I can't remember.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 6:02pm
I know that you don't like 7-ply, but the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition plays and feel like Clipper and it is limba on the outer layer and ayous in the middle.  It is not expensive neither.
vunse View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 8:37pm
It's pretty hard for any 5-ply blade to feel like the Clipper, but if you can accept that and want to take a natural step down property-wise, I vote Korbel. It's simply an agreeable and competent blade in its price range.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 9:55pm
Anything in the Yinhe or DHS offer? How about PG-7 and such?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 5:44am
Originally posted by vunse vunse wrote:

It's pretty hard for any 5-ply blade to feel like the Clipper, but if you can accept that and want to take a natural step down property-wise, I vote Korbel. It's simply an agreeable and competent blade in its price range.

Why not? How 7 ply blade could be more sensitive than 5 ply? I think this is very interesting and amazing. Just thinking myself, not a critic for your thought.
Stiga Infinity

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 6:02am
I haven't played with Nexy Peterpan but read a lot because I am choosing one of Nexy blades for myself. It says as per reviews Peterpan is close to Korbel but has its unique playing characteristics.
vunse View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 8:57am
Originally posted by winterdrops winterdrops wrote:

Originally posted by vunse vunse wrote:

Why not? How 7 ply blade could be more sensitive than 5 ply? I think this is very interesting and amazing. Just thinking myself, not a critic for your thought.
I think you misunderstood, I didn't use the word "feel" to describe sensitivity, but the general overall feel. I only meant that the Clipper's solidity is a big part of its general feel and a lot of that is thanks to the extra plies. If you take them away...you will take a noticable step away from what's so special about the model. For example, the Clipper often used to be referred to as a little spiced up version of the Allround model, but they're completely different blades. Specially now that the quality feel of the Allround Classic has decreased a lot.

If you'd prefer sticking with Stiga, I suppose that the Allround Evolution _might_ be worth considering since it used to be the midway between the Allround Classic and the Clipper Wood. But the Korbel is faster and feels like the safer choice.

Edited by vunse - 11/08/2016 at 8:59am
slowloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 6:10pm

How about the new Stiga Celero? Nice handle.  It's a 5 ply. Anyone know the layers composition?

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 10:58pm
I do not think that any 5-ply blades will be close to clipper. Why do you not buy the less weight one, It will be lighter and slower but definitely the lighter weight also changes blade feel.
Good luck.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by slowloop slowloop wrote:

How about the new Stiga Celero? Nice handle.  It's a 5 ply. Anyone know the layers composition?

Just wondering about this blade.
Stiga Infinity

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 1:49am
Probably limba ayous or limba spruce

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 5:24am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Probably limba ayous or limba spruce

Yogi when will we see the review by you Big smileBig smile
Stiga Infinity

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2016 at 9:14pm
December, hopefully I will have the 3 blades.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic