Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

a short video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a short video
    Posted: 05/01/2007 at 6:05am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJT-o8rBJRY
That's a short clip of myself  that my coach made during my training session yesterday. Upon watching it i found that it looks a bit like wang liqin's movement on the court - what do you think? I know you can't see anything else other than me but that's not the point . I am not asking for advice , just for you to share your opinion on the WLQ thing....
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
Sponsored Links

Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 7:29am
I think you should try to be more consistant first. It looks like a regular loop drive to me. Good form though but hit the ball not the hair ^^
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 12:59pm
of course it's a regular loop drive - did i say anything else ? And what do you mean with your last sentence ?
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 1:40pm
I think hes trying to say you are missing too much, well without seeing the full table we dont even know what drill you were doing but if you are aiming at one spot and your coach blocking alternatively between fh and bh, I would say one of the two is not doing it properly

all shakehand players play in nearly the same way... as for the exeption of kreanga n others alike... your form can be as similar to WLQ as Chen Qi, yet I still do not see the purpose of such a comparison
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 1:42pm
Not sure why you think your strokes resemble WLQ, doesn't look like that to me. And that's not a comment on your technique.
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Budric Budric wrote:

Not sure why you think your strokes resemble WLQ, doesn't look like that to me. And that's not a comment on your technique.

As i said  there was no purpose behind the comparison with wlq - just a thought...As for the drill - it wasn't a repetitive one , where you have to hold the ball on the table for as long as possible . For me it was forehand backhand middle backhand - all to my opponent's forehand.The aim was for both of us to play aggresively and try to make a point with each shot ( of course maintaining a certain degree of consistancy)
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 3:07pm
Next time use an other camera angle/position. First of all, we can't see if the balls hit the table or not. And secondly use a little higher camera position, so we can see the placement/effect much better.

Your technique looks okay though.
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:07pm
your forehand dont look like wang liqin... but it does look nice as it is simple and efficient as the arc you created is very nice and do guarentee percentage shot... your backhand stroke is slightly too big... you lost some time there... overall very eye pleasing..
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:08pm
as qtjoel said your form looks quuite good Thumbs%20Up. just need to work on regularity a bit, usually this has to do with timing.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 12:18am
Maybe time your bh a little later.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 12:59am

yeah, you got a pretty darn good forehand... gotta work more on consistency

わが青春に悔なし
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 1:25am
LOL thanks for the comments ... I must say that's all my coach ever tells me : u must get a better backhand and be way more consistant so thumbs up to all you hobby coaches :)    ( my coach is semi-proffesional : b-license ,trying to acquire an a-license)  And about that WLQ thing - i'm kinda surprised to be the only one , notocing some kink of a resemblance :s
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 2:58am
Your FH is far more compact than WLQs
Potato Face
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 3:52pm
wupps I meant don't hit the air not hair X(
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

BigJ99678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJ99678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 7:58pm

your form is good, and either u miss a lot or u need a new trainer. But i miss a ton too in training, because i try to train at game speed, which is stupid.

and honostly there is 0 resemblance to wlq's forehand.
You're lucky I suck
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2007 at 8:23pm
I'll be honest, looks nothing at all like WLQ. You fh is too compact, you bounce enough when you move, your backhand doesnt follow through as well as WLQ. Sorry.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2007 at 1:33am

I would say that you def. need a little work on your bh stroke.  Your forehand, though, is very nice looking.  The forehand stroke seems to be automatic and very smooth, although I think you should maybe swing a little harder, maybe be more agressive. 

All in all, I would speed up the backhand stroke, because it's a weekpoint and is slowing you down.
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2007 at 2:10am
That was not my coach blocking , he was filming the drill.The opponent was a junior player ,who was training in the group as well.As for the backhand - oh well.... it isn't as bad as it may look though....
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2007 at 3:58am
Very good footwork. FH is ok and very european stylish, nothing to do with WLQ's. Very common weakness is that your elbow tends to move to much up when you are short of time. BH isn't good. First your elbow is too low. Second you should be placed more behind the ball axe. Would give you more power and consistency.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic