Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

advices for my forehand topspin (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advices for my forehand topspin (video)
    Posted: 11/24/2007 at 9:51pm
hello everyone! in the link above i am making forehand topspin in a "training" season, i want to say that i have trained only ONE summer, so...please dont make laught of me , lol, i've uploaded this video to get any advices about technique or something, what do you think?, is there anything wrong or good with my forehand topspin? advices will be good received :D byeeeeeee
link : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=544330516024158389&q=training+topspin&total=27&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 9:53pm
wheres the link? and hey man, my FH IS WORSE!!! I GOT THE WORST HABIT IN THE WORLD, dont worry, ur better than me lol.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 10:07pm
hehehe... i've updated de post.....lol
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 10:09pm
i like ur snapping motion, try and turn ur body more, going more into the shot, and bend ur knees more, weight shifting is crucial, something i dont have lol.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 10:25pm
lol
thanks man, i'll try to follow ure advices in next training
(Y)
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 11:05pm
try playing with more consistency. then ull probbaly get in to habit
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 11:14pm
I don't believe you've only trained for one summer, unless you didn't mention that you've at least played competitively without "official" training for years before. Your snap is very quick.
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 11:39pm
very interesting motion, but there is something cool about it! I like it!, im sure it's pretty quick right? might be lacking in spin though.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 11:59pm
yea. concentrate on consistency
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 1:00am
well it looks like you've had a whole summer of training in china.
I think it looks pretty text book. I can't see much wrong with it.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 1:21am
do they have long summers in Chile :-)
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 7:06am
jejeje, thanks for the replies!

ppgear : i've played 1 year before that summer (with a "yashima" blade, lol)  , then my friend told me that he can teach me =D, told me about butterfly, yasaka , even that i can "fresh glue" my rubbers ! (fresh glue my rubbers was like a new world!, lol (such a good friend ! :D), then, one year in the university, 2 days at week :D
korearulz : what do u mean with "more consistency"? (i see that u play with sriver powersponge, does it really feel like fresh glued?)
lildudejds : u right, my shoots are quickly, but  i cant make much spin, any advice to improve that?
gekogark1212 : i dream about training in china....but it's imposible, lol
alfie : yeah, we have long summers, and very hot days (30� - 35� celsius) lol

thanks everbody!
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 7:45am
learn to hit into the sponge if u got euro rubbers, try and know the feeling of what wrapping around the ball feels like. like if  u know how to hit into the sponge during service, u can apply that to topspin stroke, just get a ball and start doing that thing ryu seung min does before serving.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 8:00am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

learn to hit into the sponge if u got euro rubbers, try and know the feeling of what wrapping around the ball feels like. like if  u know how to hit into the sponge during service, u can apply that to topspin stroke, just get a ball and start doing that thing ryu seung min does before serving.

thanks!! u r the man! lol

question : where the FH stroke finish ?..i mean...some ppl say "in the head", others "in the shoulder", what do u think?

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 11:32pm
cri cri...
theman...u there?
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 11:35pm
Just don't over do the follow through.  You have a very quick and good snap on your FH which will help you recover well and get back into position.  I agree with the others and slow down the FH shots and work on getting a high amount of reps in and work on your mechanics through a high number of shots.  It takes a lot more skill to be able to hit the ball slow and vary the spins than it does to just hit it hard, so just keep on with the consistency factor.  How is your BH?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:09am
1. Using speed glue after only 1 or 2 years of training is totally stupid and will get you nowhere.

2. If you want *real* advice you'll have to post a real game video. The one you posted is meaningless.

3. Concerning your question: The follow through ends in front of the forehead or a bit lower than that depending on your hight. The important thing here is *in front* of your head.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 5:14pm
Less arm, more waist.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2007 at 2:26pm
A novice opinion:

Seems like you are hopping from one position to the next with very little waist movement. The quick foot movements are ok, but you are stiff in your waist. Try varying the waist movement, with less hopping up and down-- I am not talking about a huge amount of waist movement just a little.

More importantly, I thought you are supposed to just shift your feet and move them slightly, no hop from one to the other. Maybe try shifting your feet more than jumping or hopping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqtfLYKOTD4 this guy just shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

You hand speed is impressive. The guys who are "coaching" me say consistency develops muscle memory. Try using 70% power and getting more balls on the table.

Not susre if that helps, just my opinion from what little I saw.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2007 at 4:15pm
That was very good advice dauntless and your coach is correct about the muscle memory.  That's why it's important to start a sport as young as possible when you don't have much "memory" in your muscles and can really program yourself to be excellent in a sport.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic