Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Super Core Cell Carbon or CF Titanium?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
threshkreen2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threshkreen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Super Core Cell Carbon or CF Titanium?
    Posted: 01/17/2008 at 10:30pm
The player: Someone wholly unfamiliar with Andro products who seems to be sadly crossing over into EJ-hood.

The game: 1850-1950'ish but looking to hit the 2000 level soon due to pro training. Style is a nice combination of consistent bh blocking, killer spin drives and loops from both wings. Main weakness is a pronounced inability to read spin resulting from disguised pendulum serves and the employment of LP rubber. 

The objective: To try either of the two Andro blades that better fits said style and helps mask said weaknesses.

Your inputs please...I'd really like to come up with reasoned advice for my "friend  Wink
amultart
FH: Tibhar Sinus Max
BH: Tibhar Nimbus Sound Max
Sponsored Links

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2008 at 12:05am
the andro carbo-aramid would be his best bet
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threshkreen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 10:41pm

What sort of power can he get out of the carbo-aramid compared to the Super Core Cell? Would the CF Titanium be too diificult to push with? Thanks and regards

amultart
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 11:46pm
with the andro aramid carbon power is not a problem and for blockibg this blade is second to none
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 4:20am
The Carbo Aramid, is no slouch. Its fast has good feeling, block's fantastic, but I find that the lack of dwell time can cause problems. If you train a lot, then you will like this blade.

Most players that pick up my blade, cant believe how fast it is, One way to tame this blade is to top spin your shots. Its not a blade for flat hitting, you will find most ball will go off the end of the Table.

The New Andro Super core cells are very differant to the old supercore range, as andro implies in their advertising, they have more feeling, and I can vouch for that. They are well built, and look good as well.

They also work very well with the new breed of Tensor rubbers that come out of Germany, which is a bonus.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threshkreen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 9:30am
Thanks Rob- so the F1 and Nimbus users will be better served using the Super Cores as opposed to the Carbo Aramid which i presume would be a good fit with Bryce, etc.? Thanks in advance...
amultart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic