FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

anti-spin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anti-spin
    Posted: 11/22/2007 at 5:15pm
I have to play against players who are much better than I am and many of them are older and play with deceptive tactics - serve deception and or long pips.

I am to the point of wanting to give them some of their own medicine. I just ordered a sheet of BTY anti-spin.

Any suggestions on using it? This is for experimentation not going to be my main setup.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 5:20pm
Ask Hookshot!!
I don't think he uses anti anymore, but he knows how to use Butterfly's Super Anti. I know for a fact he's spanked some decent players with it on one side of his combo!

My advice . . . do everything you can to learn how to overcome this problem without anti or long pips, then use them as weapons, if you like. I had the same situation last year and needed to go back to the drawing board because, although anti will work at the low to mid-intermediate level, it won't work at the higher level anyway, so . . .

All the best my friend.

Oh, before I forget . . . don't by the Friendship 804 Anti. I loved it for about 30 minutes, then jumped online and ordered about 5 of them. By the time they arrived the first one I bought was up for sale along with the new ones.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 5:38pm
That is a great way to learn and understand how these rubbers work... They might win you some easy points, but if you want to get good at it, it will take a lot of time and effort just like any other rubbers...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 6:42pm
I got the BTY SuperAnti-Special
---
Here's what Butterfly says:
A slower version of SUPER ANTI having great feel for controlling loop drives. SUPER ANTI's surface sheet combined with a softer sponge makes this all-round anti-spin rubber best suited for blocking and chopping. Most effective when used as part of a combination racket with rubbers of an offensive nature on the other side of the racket.
---
Hookshot has lots of positive things to say about this. I don't plan to use it as a primary tool unless it ends up helping my game tons. I mean, I am not going to be a pro, I have faced that. I just want to be somewhat competitive and win some matches until the rest of my game improves steadily.

All in all, I guess I just want to kick some old dudes a$$ once in a while Angry
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 8:47pm
See some of hookshots' comments here:
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic