FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

are these paddles legal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: are these paddles legal?
    Posted: 05/18/2007 at 10:20am
i accidentally came across this on the net...they say that they're ITTF approved but dont these violate a couple of rules? o_o

Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 10:44am
I have the red one. I love the blade. I bought for my 7 y old son to practice. And it helped. Those blades are very stiff and strong, you cant brake them. But here is catch, they are not ittf approved as both side is red. On blue blade both side are blue. On silver one are both silver...But let me tell you this if you buying this blade for your kid and just to hate give money to brake blade every time he took in his or her hand this is the one. My sone before he learnd was hitting table many times. with this one nothing happend to blade. Will learn proper strokes. After I did buy him real one blade. Well this is it...Any ques PM me
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 11:31am
Yeah, blades have to be like 90% wood but they still look cool. How expensvie are they?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
squareblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squareblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 11:48am
don't think they are too expensive cole ely. There are a lot of these for sale on e-bay . . . . approx �15 . . . i dont know what that is is dollars . . . um . . .  $18 - $20? Not sure if they are legal or not . . . . are they listed on the ITTF website . . . i know they do rubbers and blades, but not sure about complete bats.Confused
square bat - round ball

Stiga Classic Blade
Palio 2.0 Red Forehand
RITC 837 Black on Custom 0.6 HRS Backhand
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 2:31pm
Link isn't working for me.  Test it?  Thanks.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 2:37pm
http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/images/cornilleau-table-tennis/BAT-T50-lg.jpg
I am willing to sell mine as my son does not play with it any more. I payed $36 with shipping. Will sell this one for $18 including shipping if somebody would like to try.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 6:19pm
Cole is right, but I think it's 85% wood. ITTF don't approve any blades, only rubber's, unless I'm mistaken. Doubt that these bats are legal, both due to the material used and the colour thing. To play in tournament one side has to be red and the other black. These blades looks like they have rubbers of the same colour on both sides which would make them illegal. If it isn't rubber, only the blade surface, they would still be illegal as the surface isn't "flat/even".
The holy grail
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 6:51pm
These pre-mades are ITTF approved they claim.  Doesn't the whole paddle go through ITTF approval if it's a pre-made and not just the rubber sheets?

The Killerspin RAD tables are made by Cornilleau, they are top notch quality and I think some consider them the best of the KS tables.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 7:19pm
I'd trade for it if it's in half-decent shape.  Which one did you get?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic